Jarrett Hurd Says He Loses 36-38 Pounds To Make Junior Middleweight...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Paranoid Android, Mar 25, 2019.

1. JacK Rauber

JacK Rauber Try not to offend, try harder not to be offended Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    If you remember Jacobs refused to do the morning of weigh-in and there were no consequences.

OvidsExile likes this.
  2. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    15 rounds would be a bigger game changer than same day weigh in.

In ring weigh ins would be the fairest but we have too many issues with missed weights.

A bloke can put on as much weight in 8 hours as he can in 24 hours. The reason blokes cut more weight now days is perfecting the science of the weight cut.

3. JacK Rauber

Oct 20, 2013
    I agree with you but he is going to dis Loma (or any other fighter by name) he should at least be able to say why and who stands above him.

LANCE99 likes this.
  4. jmashyaka

jmashyaka Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2016
    I remember that and there was a consequence which was he didn’t fight for the IBF. Anyway Hurd hasn’t relinquished the belt and has always made the IBF rehydration limit or he would have probably been stripped by now.

5. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    He's a busy man, it should be obvious...
    Do some research

6. LANCE99

LANCE99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2016
    What's he busy with, aside from eating between fights ;)

OvidsExile and JacK Rauber like this.
  7. JacK Rauber

Oct 20, 2013
    I guess what I am saying is if they are serious about the rehydration rule they need to follow through. OK, so he didn't fight for the title but that really isn't the concern when you run into these guys who rehydrate so they are much bigger than their opponent. The most egregious that I can remember was the Joey Gamache-Arturo Gatti fight. No way that fight should have ever happened. Whoever was in his corner and whoever oversaw that fight in terms of sanctioning body should have lost their licenses. You do this kind of crap and you have more Doo Koo Kim's happening.

OvidsExile likes this.
  8. JacK Rauber

Oct 20, 2013
    I agree with you as long as come fight night they are not so disparate that you have a life-threatening situation, as you did with the Gamache-Gatti fiasco.

OvidsExile likes this.
  9. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    maybe the little guy needs train longer and get down to a lower weight where he is more suited in size. or wait till the rules of boxing are more advantageous to his particular situation. just like there are many advantages enjoyed by a few, there are also disadvantages that a few have to deal with.

10. JacK Rauber

Oct 20, 2013
    This is easily avoided if they strongly enforce the rehydration rule. They can't make it optional. If someone does that they ought to make it that the fighter who came in as contractually stated then he takes 75% of the purse instead of 50/50. You know what I mean, or some variation of that. The other fighter who did not meet day-of-the-fight weight has to be punished in some meaningful way. Or the lighter fighter has the option to walk away from the fight and the fighter who failed to make weight must pay a fine to that fighter.

OvidsExile and bandeedo like this.
  11. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Im sure he's talking about walk around weight and not fight night weight :ohno.

Don't call boxers explicit names like that, especially bigoted slurs like you did.

12. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Hey, good enough for Benny Paret, good enough for me. :D

13. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Look what happened to him.

escudo likes this.
  14. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Standing on the shoulders of giants...I can learn from mistakes others made in the past. I can assure you I don't ever plan on pissing off Emile Griffith without then keeping my guard up. :thumbsup:

OvidsExile likes this.
  15. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    This. I’ve seen some fighters do this and gradually wreck their bodies. Hurd is still young and won’t notice it now. but all of this excessive cutting will catchup with him in a couple of years if he isn’t careful.

LANCE99 likes this.