JC VS. KESSLER....More good news!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by langshof, Jun 24, 2007.

1. PATSYS

PATSYS Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Great news if this is true :happy I might even watch the fight live if they were to do it here in Parken stadium Copenhagen :happy :happy

I think Kessler is a very good fighter but Calzaghe is simply better. I think Calzaghe wil make Kessler look like a journeyman, beating him up to the punches all the time.

2. Korn_06

Korn_06 ESB Slave Full Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Dear Blocky, since you so often judge intelligence here. Please tell me how intelligent it would be of me to make this bet with you.

I will make the bet with a bookmaker at the best odds I can find. But of course if you can offer better odds and you can make satisfy my needs for security for my money once I win. I will take you into consideration.

3. deram

deram Active Member Full Member

Nov 14, 2004
    Intelligence.

OK, well why don't we put actions where our mouthes are: I'll take a test at Mensa and see what the result is if Blocky does the same.

If either of us gets in the bet is settled. If neither of us then the one that receives the highest (none-qualifying) score wins the bet.

You on Blocky?
    :cool:

4. Faetter_BR

Faetter_BR Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 4, 2004
    If you hold a card to Mensa - then I've lost all respect for Mensa (although I didn't have much to begin with)

5. Korn_06

Korn_06 ESB Slave Full Member

Aug 13, 2005
    I agree that noboddy can write like you can, these boards shows it. If that is proof of intelligence, well then intelligence is something I have to study a little bit more.

6. deram

Nov 14, 2004
    You are? well, so am I (Australian Mensa). Yeah, I know.... I set up a bet I couldn't loose.;-)

Now we just need to find a way to prove membership....

:think

7. deram

Nov 14, 2004
    Polarizing oppinions is not difficult. Give me one article and I'll create havock.

The title will be: "A thorough examination and proof that Oscar de la Hoya is NOT an ATG"

...or something like that. Just be controversial and people will come like flies to ****. Writing the truth may not polarize oppinions, but afterall the truth is (!?) a quality in and by itself.

8. hulter

hulter New Member Full Member

Mar 21, 2007
    I'll make you another bet.

Kessler wins = you suck my ****
    Calzaghe wins = i'll lick your *****

hulter

9. DanePugilist

DanePugilist God vs God - Death Angel Full Member

Oct 14, 2006
    I fail to see what intelligence and Mensa has to do with boxing knowledge? IQ is totally related to identifying logical patterns.

Neither intelligence nor boxing knowledge can predict the outcome of this fight with 100% certainty.

I think Kessler will win - saying the opposite would be an equally intelligent suggestion, and so would it be in a sense of boxing knowledge.

Disputing that would be unintelligable and unknowledgable though.

10. Decebal

Decebal Lucian Bute Full Member

Mar 10, 2007
    ...argument by authority...when you cannot convince someone through reasoned argument, you fall back on giving your argument credibility by listing your credentials.

11. Rollo

Rollo Active Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Arguing over intelligence on a boxing-site!

Holy Moses - THAT´s unintelligent!

12. DanePugilist

Oct 14, 2006
    :lol::lol::lol: - I think you have seen the light of the current state of debate.

You win this thread.

13. DanePugilist

Oct 14, 2006
    I agree - even if what you just said is an oxymoron.

14. Decebal

Decebal Lucian Bute Full Member

Mar 10, 2007
    ...since my IQ is only just over 100, I won't have convinced many geniuses...:verysad

15. DanePugilist

Oct 14, 2006
    Well, since the geniuses are closely related to the insane - then whats the point?

However, your emotional intelligence might be way higher to compensate. IQ is overrated. E.I is underrated.