Jean Pascal vs Marcus Browne for spring

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by thegoose86, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Boxingfan200

Boxingfan200 USYK #1 P4P banned Full Member

Feb 5, 2017
    :risas3: What a load of bs lol.... I like you? ye sure lmao....

2. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I'd argue you actually love me. I'm probably your favorite poster, which is why my politics annoy you so much.:deal: If I just agreed with you, I'd be perfect. Most people don't care that much about the opinions of someone they don't like.o_O

3. thegoose86

thegoose86 Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2019
    with all due respect you lose your head sometimes and ban hammer people. which is odd because the guy arguing with you in this thread argues with you so much he does deserve a ban. also Pistal gave me credit for my Kovalev pick in the last fight, standup guy no one should have issues with him.

pistal47 and CST80 like this.
  4. Boxingfan200

Feb 5, 2017
    I deserve a ban lmao ? here a :fusmile yourself for you 2 newbie.

5. thegoose86

Feb 1, 2019
    because I've seen you stock this guy in everything avoidable arguing with you being a bit of a goof. hounding a mod as much as you do and given it's a somewhat fickle mod in the first place I'm shocked you're here. wish you're weren't. :)

6. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Sometimes I ban people I'm arguing with, but usually only after they've crossed a line that I view as banworthy. I'm not perfect, we all lose our cool sometimes, but when I cross a line... which is a rarity, I usually rectify it and lift the ban. And I agree with you, I have no idea why anyone would have an issue with @pistal47

pistal47 likes this.
  7. Boxingfan200

Feb 5, 2017
    lol wish you weren't either :) shame2019 is bringing in new people like you to this forum :(

8. thegoose86

Feb 1, 2019
    I've been around this is just a new account I've seen you before, complete goof in my opinion. a mod should edit your name to Boxinggoof200

pistal47 likes this.
  9. Boxingfan200

Feb 5, 2017
    oh great one of those who makes alt accounts great

10. thegoose86

Feb 1, 2019

what kind of weirdo doesn't like Pistol?

11. pistal47

pistal47 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Thank you sir and you are a gentleman and scholar yourself. And even though our fight predictions have usually been the exact opposite of each others, you're always bang on and my picks have been total flops recently. **** that guy, total *******, brings nothing remotely close to good insight, analysis, scouting reports........ But sure as ****, I'm pretty sure he's kicking my ass in the prediction league, then again, who isn't?

You provide everyone with excellent insight and analysis to the sport, so you clearly know the sport inside and out. You're a class act and don't get baited by tools like him into ridiculous arguments completely unrelated to boxing, the type of person everyone likes and respects because you're just a better person, the type to always take the moral high ground. Unfortunately for me, it was blatantly clear very early on that I drew a pretty bad hand intellectually and I'm a passionate person so.......... It doesn't take much to bait me into ridiculousness, but hey, is what it is and I like myself. Boxingclam200 belongs dead center in a bukake pit than he does talking boxing online and he's the epitome of "the village idiot."

The people who run and own this site aren't stupid. Every single moderator on this site is carefully and meticulously vetted and are chosen for a reason, and they've all earned it. Not only do they know more about the sport than most if not all other posters, they can all articulate their tremendous insight and analysis better than pretty much everyone else as well, but most importantly they all 100% make a concerted effort to be as objective and unbiased in what they post as possible. That takes a special quality and trait and an intellectual capacity far greater than most are capable of. But the coolest part of them all is that they are all pretty unique and have their own personal style and these forums are much better because of that. Judging by you're posts and how you conduct yourself, it's pretty obvious IMO, and I'm sure most would agree, you're the type of dude who the owners of this place look for to be a mod.

As far as mods go, @IntentionalButt is clearly the best because he's from Bosstown, Massachusetts, but other than that I consider them all equals -- the elites -- none better or worse than the others, just different. @CST80 is by far the most emotionally passionate mod here, so a small minority of posters dislike him more than the other mods, but I'm sure he's the favored mod by far more posters for that same reason. Personally, I think he's great and it's funny as **** watching him ban people and then lift their bans briefly just so they can take a few shots on the chin. But the dude loves the sport, love him or hate him people have to give him that, and he KNOWS HIS ****. I don't see how anybody could possibly have an issue with @Serge, and if they do, then clearly they are the problem, not him. He's one of the least confrontational mads here and is funny as hell. I hate saying this, but you can tell he's from the UK, because even though there are turds anywhere you go, every non-turd I've met from the UK always seemingly just carried themselves with more class than others -- actually like you, though I have no clue where you are from you carry yourself like a UK gentleman.

My rear end has permanent scars from the ban stick spankings I've received over the years, but every time I was banned I absolutely 100% deserved it, and I'm sure was afforded plenty of leeway before leaving this site no other choice than tot tell me to beat feat for a couple weeks. To clowns like Boxingsnatch200, it's all some big tin foil hat like conspiracy against him. Totally oblivious of the fact he can come off as a jerk here, so it's gotta be the mods. Ya, I hear ya bro. Everyone has their bad days/moments, nobodies perfect. Most of us here are really passionate true boxing fans so most of us will have our moments now and again, and thet's fine, just like in life . It doesn't mean we're inherently bad people or anything to be ashamed of, just one of those moments. But ya gotta OWN IT, that's what a lot of these potentially volatile and passionate posters don't understand. Whatever happens in life -- good or bad, positive or negative, just OWN IT instead of deflecting blame or responsibility for their actions because at the end of the day it's part of who we are and if you own up to it then that's how you grow. All seriousness, I'm sure that @Boxingfan200 is a genuinely good dude in his everyday and personal life, and he'd be a much better poster here if he just owned his ****. Alright, I've gone on for way too long, but thanks for the compliments bud and like I said earlier, you're above most of the nonsense guys like me and @Boxingfan200 get into, you carry yourself like a true gentleman and class act. I wish you the best my friend.

Serge, thegoose86 and CST80 like this.
  12. pistal47

pistal47 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Browne vs. Pascal........ Head says Browne clear UD(which is an AWFUL sign for him) but my heart says Pascal, and not just in this fight but in any fight he's in. He might be my favorite boxer in the last 15-20 years, definitely top 3, and wish so bad he was more appreciated as a fighter. By all accounts he's possibly the most genuine, good-hearted, likeable, and selfless man one could ever be outside the ring. But as a fighter, he ducks nobody and every time he steps into the ring -- even if he's badly outgunned -- he never seems to receive that memo and enters the ring for one reason only -- to go in there and bang it the **** out, or die trying with his middle finger in the air. Jean Pascal is the epitome of a warrior and even though he will never go down in history as an ATG, professional boxing is undeniably a better because of him and his career/wars. Guys like that -- who have such a profoundly positive impact on the sport despite an official record barring them from ATG status -- those guys are probably more rare than the guys in the ATG list, and to true fans, I can't understand how they couldn't possibly be more loved than any other group of fighters. Fighters like Jean Pascal don't need to give a **** about official records and bull**** like that. Guys like him endear themselves to true fans more than any other group of fighters because no matter what and no matter against whom -- they always did the best they could and gave it everything they had.

When I was in the USMC, one of my best friends in my squad got shot right under his SAPI plates, a gut shot, bled out in front of me, like really quickly. He was completely aware of what happened, had a very good idea of how little time he had left, and in that moment he knew there was one thing he had to ask me and another friend of ours in the squad to tell his family. He clung on long enough to ask us and promise him -- so he could die completely at peace with himself -- one thing and this is VERBATIM: "please tell my wife and daughters I loved them more than life itself, they were the apples of my eye, and please tell my father and sons I'm so sorry I'm not coming home, but tell them I did the best I could and gave it everything I had." His parents actually migrated to New Jersey from Haiti, he looked so similar to Jean Pascal, and from everything I've learned about Jean Pascal away from the ring and everything I've seen from him in the ring, he was so eerily similar in every one of those ways it's actually really unnerving. I'm sure it's a major factor(if not the most prominent factor) in my admiration and love for him inside the ring and outside of it. There was literally no better friend and no worse enemy I could possibly think of. I couldn't possibly give Pascal better praise IMO than to compare him in those ways to my friend, and the way Pascal conducted himself away from the ring and in it throughout his career couldn't have done more justice for my friend. I care about Pascal's health, well-being, and happiness way more than I do about his legacy and it's for those selfish reasons I wish he'd retire and be able to find true happiness without boxing/fighting in his life, but if he doesn't....... I get it, it's one of the many parts of him that makes him who he is and I love him for it.

That happened back in late January 2005. Not a day goes by without it wrecking havoc to my core. I'm not saying this because I want people to feel sorry for me or any bull**** like that, firstly it's not about me and secondly i deserve all that I've gotten, for good or bad. I just wanted to share the main reasons why Pascal is one of my favorite fighters, do right by my friend, and try and articulate the eerily similar parallels they shared. Dudes like Pascal, Micky Ward, Gatti, Diego Corrales, Jose Luis Castillo, regardless of their official wins and losses in their boxing careers............... Guys like them, it was never about the end results or official results of their fights, it's how they fought that truly mattered and how they fought gave more benefit to professional boxing than the records and careers of fighters considered much better than them.

CST80, Serge and technocrato like this.
  13. technocrato

technocrato Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Forget my post, read the one above!

14. cippi

cippi Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 28, 2009
    browne wins . i woud rather him fight some one else. once that cut heals that badou jack suffered hes a better candidate to fight pascal. browne can move on to bigger better things.

15. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Thanks for the kind words comrade it's always rewarding when others shower you with compliments and praise and recognize your greatness but it's especially gratifying when it comes from a fellow elite of the elite poster such as yourself.

What you're describing there my good fellow is the classic English gentleman and yes we're simply a different breed. The classic English gentleman is the pinnacle of human evolution and I am the pinnacle of the classic English gentleman.

Re. certain posters (and there are a few of them) continued baiting of CST and constantly dragging him into petty arguments because they have an axe to grind with him, well this is one of the few things I take a hard line on and if I catch them doing it again they're going to be receiving a nasty whack across the bonce with the ban hammer and perhaps even a fatal one if they don't heed the warning to refrain from doing so. Nobody wants to see threads getting cluttered up with all that crap.

CST80 and pistal47 like this.