Jermain and The Kronk....

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IceJohnScully, Sep 28, 2007.

1. IceJohnScully

IceJohnScully Active Member Full Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Not to nitpick or anything, because I touched on this very subject last year at some point, but today I read an interview with Jermain Taylor where he said that in preparation for Saturday's fight with Kelly Pavlik he trained for a time at the Kronk Gym in Detroit and that he knows he is ready for the fight because he "made it through (training at) Kronk. A lot of people don't make it through Kronk."

Now maybe that's good for publicity or something but, come on now, the Kronk has that name and all but if there was a time when he might have worried about not making it through Kronk it would have been more than twenty years ago when guys like McCrory, McCallum, David Braxton, Ricky Womack, Breland, and Tommy "The Hitman" Hearns were there every single day going to war.

2. jsimps

jsimps Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 6, 2007
    What does that say about his work ethic?

3. LeonMcS

LeonMcS The Mayor of Kronkton Full Member

Aug 26, 2007
    What champs/contenders/prospects are fighting out of Kronk at the moment?

4. IceJohnScully

Sep 17, 2007
    From what I understand his big sparring there comes with Andy Lee and while he is a real good prospect, etc he is nowhere near Jermains level at this point... back when Kronk was KRONK Jermain would have had some fierce tigers on him day in and day out

5. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    Kronk's best days were with Hearns, McCallum, McCrory, Danny Paul, Jimmy Paul, Kenty, Goodwin, Dujuan Johnson, Duane Thomas, etc....Taylor would have had to go to war every day with those guys.

6. IceJohnScully

Sep 17, 2007
    In any event, my quote from Taylor came from a PC just a few days ago.

7. IceJohnScully

Sep 17, 2007
    I have a feeling that Pavlik is going to pullit off which may or may not be good for him (because tradtionally I am terrible at choosing fight winners)

8. lefthook31

lefthook31 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jul 6, 2007
    DOnt forget Gerald Mclellan and Michael Moorer.

9. BewareofDawg

BewareofDawg P4P Champ Full Member

Apr 8, 2006
    Well he did train in the poconos. But doesn't Cintron train at Kronk now too? Maybe Steward had him going with Wladdy Boy in preparation for this other big white boy :yikes

In that case, I'm surprised to see taylor made it out :yep

10. BewareofDawg

BewareofDawg P4P Champ Full Member

Apr 8, 2006
    Me Too :rofl :rofl I think you can bet your ass that Taylor and Jones are going to win, because I picked them both to lose by KO.

Oh, I also picked Wright to beat Hopkins by KO :admin

11. IceJohnScully

Sep 17, 2007
    LOL even I didnt do THAT!!!