Jermall Charlo vs Derevyanchenko (how did you score it)

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by pepsiclassic, Sep 27, 2020.

Who did you score the fight for

1. Derevyanchenko

8 vote(s)
    11.6%
  2. Charlo

49 vote(s)
    71.0%
  3. Draw

12 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Watch it again.
    Jermall was pumping the jab, but he wasn´t landing it. SD did. And SD clearly landed the right hand the few time he threw it.

CST80 likes this.
  2. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    I did after posting. I saw SD throw three decent right hands during the round & two of them were straight into Charlo's gloves. One landed cleanly during the second minute of the fight. It was easy to notice b/c it was one of only three punches he threw during that minute. Charlo threw at least eleven during the same period. Not much was getting through but some were. SD wasn't backing Charlo up like he did later in the fight either. Close round but one I'm comfortable scoring to Charlo.

sasto likes this.
  3. JDub

JDub Active Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2018
    115-113 Charlo. But I have no problem with a draw either. It was close.

4. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    Man do I strongly disagree with this.
    But this is boxing and like they say, scoring is subjective.

Sandman_ likes this.
  5. Forza

Forza Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 18, 2012
    115 - 113 charlo

6. Quina74

Quina74 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 25, 2019
    Finally ffs someone with some sense.. Though to be fair I gave the 8th to charlo purely because he did land a few sharp jabs early on and rocked him with a far cleaner shot than Deryvachenko.. I'm honestly surprised how people are jumping on Charlos ass after this... Just shows the majority of boxing fans are casuals who can't score fights and as a result allow themselves to be frauded. I've watched that fight very carefully in normal speed throughout and also in normal speed but then slowing down the exchanges. It pisses me off as I've scored this objectively as possible yet there are dumbasses who have no idea spouting nonsense with absolute confidence. Absolute joke I hate boxing lol

CST80 likes this.
  7. Quina74

Apr 25, 2019
    Nope. Watch the first round again and also slow down the exchanges if you are having trouble, it was a very quite feeling out round but Dervyachenko 100% landed more clean shots..

Yes Charlos jab was an obstacle but D landed more so that's all that should matter

8. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    You dont score points for just throwing punches.

9. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    You don't score points for not throwing either.

sasto and KO KIDD like this.
  10. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    Well duh! But you gave points to Charlo for just throwing them :lol:

Quina74 and George Crowcroft like this.
  11. darksheep

darksheep New Member Full Member

Nov 23, 2019
    116-112 Charlo

Sandman_ likes this.
  12. The Underdog

The Underdog Member banned Full Member

Aug 6, 2020
    Nobody outside of a few Charlo haters on this forum scored it for Derevyanchenko. Not one single media outlet, not one journalist. If you thought Chenko won that fight you have no business scoring a boxing match.

fcb1068 likes this.
  13. Quina74

Apr 25, 2019
    I think Jermall is a good fighter just that he's overrated by most, he certainly deserved to lose against Korobov. Regardless as to whether all media outlets scored in favour of Charlo (source), I've watched the fight back twice and seen exchanges in both slow and normal speed. Not only this I've also tried to focus on both fighters and scored the fight based on number of clean shots and how impactful each punch appears. Charlo lost. His jab did good work and is very sharp and he had some lovely uppercuts. There were many close rounds but many of them Deryvachenko clearly edged and you'd understand that if you actually looked at the exchanges and scored the round with logic.

Its pretty narrow minded that you think that because all media outlets scored in favour of Charlo they're automatically right. Do you not having any independent thought? The commentary on the Charlo fight was embarrassing and no doubt had an effect people's opinions. There are numerous exchanges were D gets the better of Charlo and they continue to praise Charlo as if he's some God.

Its ironic that someone who definitely has not watched the fight carefully is telling someone, who has watched the fight twice and slowed down exchanges, that they have no business scoring a boxing fight. You utter casual

CST80 likes this.
  14. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Even if you believe ddd should have won your argument holds about the same amount of merit as those who thought Charlo won. Your ego is letting you think anyone who disagrees with you must be completely clueless. You'll be hard pressed to enjoy anything in life with that kind of approach.

15. The Underdog

The Underdog Member banned Full Member

Aug 6, 2020
    Post your scorecard.

Either you’re seeing what you want to see, or you simply have no idea how to score a fight. SD could have easily got the nod over GGG or Jacobs, those fights were legitimately close, this wasn’t. You don’t win rounds for getting the **** beaten out of you.

Sandman_ likes this.