Jermall Charlo vs. Gennady Golovkin

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by VG_Addict, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Charlo stops GGG & should try to make this fight ASAP, he could then try to leverage a fight for Canelo.

Sandman_ likes this.
  2. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Neither could Charlo. :lol:

BCS8 likes this.
  3. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    I think that even at his older age GGG would still win. I believe if SD had more power he could've hurt Charlo. GGG still has power and he could jab with Charlo unlike the shorter SD and when GGG gets in close his power would hurt Charlo to the body and if Charlo is silly enough to trade he will get stopped otherwise he gets on his bike an loses a 116-112 like decision.

BCS8, UnleashtheFURY, lobk and 3 others like this.
  4. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Please show me where there is any proof that GGG has EVER roided up?? You surely mean Clenelo
    Remember when he showed up looking like a mini incredible hulk . His proving positive for Clenbuterol also. GGG has beaten clenelo twice but been screwed out of his rightful wins. How good is Clenelo without the "help" of the NSAC & Vegas boxing

5. Stiff Jab

Stiff Jab Despiser of Super-Middleweights Full Member

Jan 7, 2019
    Ah, Triangle Theory. A long tested and true metric of how boxing works.

The Real Lance and Sandman_ like this.
  6. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    The GGG of today would get retired by charlo.

7. cippi

cippi Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 28, 2009
    It would be smart to pursue ggg before canelo

Sandman_ likes this.
  8. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Derevyanchenko had success with Golovkin, because Golovkin was willing to throw down with him and go to war. Because GGG could take his power, he gave him a very easy target, which in terms of work rate, was strategically a bad idea. Charlo however... had no intention of standing and trading and in no way, shape or form, wanted to go to war. Yet Sergiy still managed to get to him plenty, work the body, hurt him a few times, and tee off on his head with both fists occasionally, and arguably did good enough to get a draw or a close win. GGG has a far better jab, far better defense, and is far better than walking opponents down than Derevyanchenko is. Golovkin would parry that jab all night, while he put on a jab masterclass like he did with Lemieux. Which will slowly break Charlo down, GGG will go for the kill and finish him off in 9. Of course you could say, Derevyanchenko hurt GGG, yes and? He hurt Charlo as well, however GGG managed to not only hurt Sergiy on several occasions but also dropped him, something Charlo could not do.

9. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    drenlou returns !!! Welcome back Lou where ya been hiding ?

10. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Dev did hurt Jermallo one or two times. I can't remember which rounds he did so now (round 8 maybe albeit I might be way off there) but he did hurt him.

CST80 likes this.
  11. Reppin501

Reppin501 The People's Champ Full Member

Apr 26, 2010
    I think GGG’s pressure would push him out of his comfort zone, Id favor GGG by a smidge, but it’s really a “pick em” type fight but I have a hard time picking against GGG against anybody but Canelo at this point.

12. lobk

lobk Original ESB Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I keep on seeing Charlo power and how it would be to much. GGG has been in with power punchers and has a granit chin. What should be ask instead is how will he reacts after feeling GGG power. He has never been in there with a banger like GGG.

Dance84 likes this.
  13. m.s.

m.s. Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Its a free country, he can live where he wants. BLM is trying to change that though. We welcome good respectful citizens to the USA. But statue tippers and City tortures and murderers under the pretense of social justice, they can pack their pathetic bags and leave the U.S. GGG has been a credit to boxing and I would loved to see a GGG vs Charlo fight.

mirkofilipovic likes this.
  14. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Yeah I tentatively lean towards Golovkin winning a competitive decision. He's declined enough for someone like Charlo to have a chance unfortunately.

Dance84 and MidniteProwler like this.
  15. 22JM

22JM Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Charlo clearly beat him, ggg got his a$$ whoop

Dance84 likes this.