Jermell Charlo posts response after Castaño fight

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by xnico, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Limerickbox

Limerickbox Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Well said.

Wish more boxers had this attitude.

2. lobk

lobk Original ESB Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    This is good to hear. He can win and by KO if only he let his hands go and not put everything in all his punches. He is taller and longer yet jab was non existent in the fight. All he has to do is keep the fight at a distance and frustrate Castano. Castano will have to bulrush in and that’s when he can load up on a counter.

As for Castano, the uppercut was there all night. If Charlo doesn’t change and fights the same he needs to throw the uppercut. Work the body more on the rope and the head will become open.

3. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    If that is the way you saw it that’s the way you saw. Also I have no no issues with 7-5 in rounds to Castano or 6-6 to make a draw.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    Wizbit1013 likes this.
  4. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    LOL Mell knows he lost Lets see if he keeps his word & takes a rematch. his brother didnt against Matt Korobov did he ??

5. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    LOL. I watched the fight with my own eyes and rewatched it slowed down with all punches landed. Charlo got outlanded rounds 1 and 3-9. Even if you give Charlo the 12th he still lost clear. Sometimes you have to break the basement of bias so you can see the light of truth. There is no way Charlo objectivly got a draw let alone win the fight. 7-5 even if you count all close rounds for Charlo. Beyond that it's just the world of make believe

m.s. and Wizbit1013 like this.
  6. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    They need to run this back

7. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017
    I expected hate from you.

8. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    How is this hate ? Im genuinely confused

9. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    he means he is surprised by the comment, as he expected an insult to charlo, instead of a compliment. its a thing between them 2.

Dance84 likes this.
  10. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    I read it wrong my fault, he said expected im dumb lol

bandeedo likes this.
  11. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    could have been interpreted how you read it, if he meant that he got exactly what he was expecting. im just familiar with their back and forth, so i know where they are coming from.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  12. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    He should've said that in the post fight interview, he knew he lost but he thought people would go along with that first bs statement he made. Then when he watched the fight, he realized how stupid he sound and knew he had to clean that mess up. He knows that people won't be satisfied with nothing but a re-match. He don't have the skills to beat Castano, he got the power but not the skills.

13. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    Dance is a stupid 13yo douche who thinks I hate everyone he likes. His obsession with who he thinks I hate is just weird.

14. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    Except I don't insult the Charlo bros. I have no reason to, I like them both. dance just thinks I hate everyone he likes. That's the life of a teeny bopper fangirl...

bandeedo likes this.
  15. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Props to Mell for the statement. His post fight talk was stupid but it was immediately after the fight and emotions and adrenaline were high so i give him a pass on that. He's right. If you score the fight as a whole he probably edged it as he landed harder shots and hurt him two or three times while Castano only had him hurt once. BUT based on the RBR scoring i think there is no way you can give Charlo the fight and the 117-111 was ridiculous and pretty corrupt. I'm still not sold on a rematch here. I know both fighters probably want it but my feeling tells me we still see some corrupt scores if it goes to the cards and it's crazy to believe the fight will be any different. Mell has the power advantage and Castano will outwork him 3:1. I mean come on...look at the Stats.

Castano outlanded him in 8/12 rounds. And there was a guy who found 9 Charlo rounds? :pipi That's ridiculous and just crazy.

Mell still deserves some respect for the words and i hope he beats up other guys. I'd love to see him beating the **** out of Munguia.