Jermell Charlo posts response after Castaño fight

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by xnico, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Limerickbox

Limerickbox Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Well said.

Wish more boxers had this attitude.

2. lobk

lobk Original ESB Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    This is good to hear. He can win and by KO if only he let his hands go and not put everything in all his punches. He is taller and longer yet jab was non existent in the fight. All he has to do is keep the fight at a distance and frustrate Castano. Castano will have to bulrush in and that’s when he can load up on a counter.

As for Castano, the uppercut was there all night. If Charlo doesn’t change and fights the same he needs to throw the uppercut. Work the body more on the rope and the head will become open.

3. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 29, 2007
    If that is the way you saw it that’s the way you saw. Also I have no no issues with 7-5 in rounds to Castano or 6-6 to make a draw.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    Wizbit1013 likes this.
  4. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    LOL Mell knows he lost Lets see if he keeps his word & takes a rematch. his brother didnt against Matt Korobov did he ??

5. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    LOL. I watched the fight with my own eyes and rewatched it slowed down with all punches landed. Charlo got outlanded rounds 1 and 3-9. Even if you give Charlo the 12th he still lost clear. Sometimes you have to break the basement of bias so you can see the light of truth. There is no way Charlo objectivly got a draw let alone win the fight. 7-5 even if you count all close rounds for Charlo. Beyond that it's just the world of make believe

Wizbit1013 likes this.