Jermell De'Avante Charlo vs. Brian Carlos Castaño II & Jaron Ennis vs. Custio Clayton RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, May 14, 2022.

1. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Serious answer - the vast majority of people in that RBR thread had Charlo ahead. You're in the small minority here. It was very clear to see that Charlo was ahead in that fight. Farhood had Charlo ahead 6 rounds to 3.

We have this problem practically every single big fight, and it's getting really old and played out. I scored the match quite accurately being very favorable to Castaño. I am firmly in the majority here on this one, so for you to accuse me of trying to be a contrarian here is funny. You're the contrarian having Castaño ahead after 9. To say that it was Castaño's fight to lose and to act like he just got KO'd out of nowhere, I don't know what you thought you were watching, Charlo was jabbing the dude's head off and going fire for fire in the trenches. It was clearly Charlo's fight to win and he closed the show in dramatic fashion. There was no controversy with the scorecards whatsoever. Charlo was winning and the judges had it right.

2. slash

slash Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 15, 2012
    That was a pretty competitive fight. Charlo didn't dominate Castano but he did wipe that smile off his face.

3. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    All this still has nothing to do with SCORING the fight properly.

You don't score a round for one guy because you have the feeling that he's slowly breaking down the other guy. If the other guy is landing more and doing better overall he should get the round. Just corrupt and trash.

I never said you were wrong or your take is BS but your statement about scoring the fight is.

The fight was extremely close and while i do agree that Charlo was taking over OVERALL some of those scorecards before the stoppage were outrageous. I mean...8-1 Charlo after 9? Come ****ing on dude.

CST80 likes this.
  4. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Charlo was wining this fight at the time of the stoppage to suggest castano was in full control and way up on the cards is a cruel joke.

navigator and Boon like this.
  5. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    You're talking about that but not mentioning the 8-1 Charlo scorecard? You're again biased as hell.

CST80 likes this.
  6. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Hey I guess you need to look at my response to the charlo was up 8-1 thread.:deal:
    I said in that thread
    8-1 was horrible and that judge needs to be investigating. With that said charlo was winning the fight up until the stoppage I had it 6-3 or 5-4 at worst

7. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018

What about the times that you happen to be in the small minority Shadow?

8. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    Canelo decisions take on a life of their own. His fights are notoriously hard to score because he doesn't often have a high work rate and he relies on flashy power shots, while many fans on here score fights like they are a Compubox counter and don't focus on the quality of punches. And we know how moist a lot of fans get between the legs as it pertains to Canelo.

9. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Not "way up", but 87-84. Charlo edged rounds 1 and 5 narrowly IMO, and his only really clear one in the first nine was the 7th. Of the other six can you honestly not see how someone might have scored each of them for Castaño? A few of them rather clearly, too.

CST80 likes this.
  10. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018
    That applies to you also though?

Anyway....

11. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    I'm not the one constantly crying about decisions. We need to first recognize that Canelo fights are notoriously hard to score because a good amount of fans prefer work rate and Canelo doesn't typically give them that. Charlo Castaño 2 was actually much easier to score because Charlo was not only landing clean with eye catching shots but he was maintaining a high work rate with the jab. Any fighter who doesn't have a high work rate is not likely to be in the majority of fans scores. That's just the way it is. It is very difficult for fans to discern who is able to win rounds while being outworked due to landing shots and understandably so.

Judges do not have this problem, they're at ringside and are not scoring rounds by counting punches like many fans do. One power shot if it's good enough can win a round and fans are not comfortable with this. An example of this is Round 7 in Charlo Castaño 2. This was a very low output round, the first half of the round neither fighter landed much of anything. But then in the middle of the round Jermell landed a big shot on Castaño. All 3 judges gave that round to Charlo in an otherwise very even round because of that single shot. Fans generally do not score rounds like this.

12. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018
    Don't know as i am yet to watch it

Never seen anyone say a Canelo fight is more difficult to score than other fights except you, no fans no pros ,no commentary team

But you know i think your scoring is terrible anyway

It is what it is

13. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    They don't say it's hard to score because they are not paying attention to what Canelo is doing. And I've proved this in Round 1 of the Bivol match, with tons of people acting like Bivol won the round clearly and there's not argument for Canelo that round. When I've demonstrated that it's abundantly clear Canelo won that round. People see what they want but the complaining about the judges is so over the top at this point it's not even funny. We see outrage over the judges every time there's a close fight, even when there is none.

14. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018

So ......let me get this clear

Other pro boxers, ex pro boxers, paid commentary teams are not paying attention?

But you are

15. MagicE

MagicE Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 16, 2017
    My original post had nothing to do with my feelings you clearly misread

I said that it was clear that Castano was feeling Charlo's punches, as in Charlo was impacting Castano more than the other way around.

That's why pure punch stats out of context mean nothing.

shadow111 likes this.