Jerry Quarry vs. Max Schmeling 15rds.

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Joe E, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Joe E

Joe E Well-Known Member Full Member

May 12, 2007
    Since were on the Jerry Quarry subject.I think a right Quarry is capable of a 15rd. U.D. What do you think?

2. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Id have to give Quarry a really good shot at winning this one,the Quarry that beat Lyle would be my tentative pick here I think.

3. red cobra

red cobra VIP Member Full Member

Jul 28, 2004
    I tend to agree with you, but Schmeling always troubles me for some reason. He was very beatable at some points of his career, yet, like Buster Douglas that night in Tokyo, 1990, he managed one night of true inspiration, and tactical, strategic brilliance against Joe Louis in 1936. THAT Schmeling could show up, and if that were the case, then a cruel beating would be handed out to Jerry Quarry. Which one would it be, because I can see a focused, snarling Quarry putting on a show with a sustained beating of Schmeling as well.

4. robert ungurean

robert ungurean Богдан Philadelphia Full Member

Jun 9, 2007
    I like both fighter's.
    I'll take Max in this one. Cant really pinpoint why, I just think he wins this.

5. janitor

janitor VIP Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Mismatcch.

Quarry was one tough son of a gun but he was never in Schmeling's league.

I would expect Schmeling to outbox him and cut his face to ribons seting him up for a TKO. Quarry never did well against smart counterpunchers.