Jesse “Bam” Rodriguez is the next big boxing star

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Flo_Raiden, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I think most of the people taking exception to this thread.

would feel better about it if you just changed one word.
    Jesse “Bam” Rodriguez is the next “little” boxing star

George Crowcroft likes this.
  2. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Nonito would KO Bam. Be real. And Nonito had discovered the fountain of youth since dropping down to 118. 4 highlight reel KOs bookending the first Inoue fight.

Bam fought shot guys back to back. Calm down, kid.

Cuadras was stopped by Estrada.

Rungvisai has looked like ass for 2-3 years and was coming off of a long lay off.

Nonito > Cuadras and Rungvisai combined.

Are you serious?

:lol:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
  3. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    At this point, highly unlikely. But you can keep dreaming about it if you'd like.

Bam may be on his way to do big things after putting his name out there. Maybe you need to calm down and just enjoy what he's got in store in his next fights.

4. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to Bam fighting a guy that isn't completely shot. You should hope for the same.

5. Slyk

Slyk Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Have only seen highlights of his last two fights, but I am a big fan of his style. He looks like a little Usyk in there.

6. Flo_Raiden

Oct 12, 2010
    And it'll indeed happen. :)
    He's got a lot of good fights lined up. Just make sure that you don't call Chocolatito or Gallo "shot" if he does end up fighting them.

7. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    They're definitely war-torn. Not shot, but pretty close.

8. Flo_Raiden

Oct 12, 2010
    Chocolatito just had a great performance against Martinez where he barely took damage, hardly war-torn. Both Chocolatito and Gallo are still elite level fighters. If Bam ends up beating one or both of them in the future then those should be considered as great wins, especially for his age. No excuses.

9. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    Bam needs to see Inoue.

10. Flo_Raiden

Oct 12, 2010
    No he doesn't. :)
    He can be a HOF fighter without seeing him. But hey, you never know. They may cross paths in the next 2 years or so.

11. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    Maybe Bam will regain his balls by then as he, his team, and Eddie Hearn wisely kept Inoue's name out of their mouths. But Inoue's not even in his prime yet and is still getting better, so I doubt Bam will ever seek out the challenge (beating).

12. Flo_Raiden

Oct 12, 2010
    Inoue's already 29 years old, how can he NOT be in his prime by now? :eusa_doh:
    Bam is only going to keep improving as well. I don't get why you're in such a hurry to have a kid who is barely just getting himself out there to be put against a guy like Inoue. Do you not remember Fernando Vargas?

13. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    Inoue said in an interview yesterday that he's having more and more difficulty making 118. So no, he's not in his prime yet. His prime will be at 122 or maybe 126.

Hey, Bam said he'd KO Inoue in one round. He's calling himself a special fighter. Forget the war-torn and semi-shot Chocolatito and Gallo. Don't talk the talk if you're not willing to walk the walk.

14. Flo_Raiden

Oct 12, 2010
    All the more reason why I doubt that we'll see Inoue and Bam get in the ring anytime soon. Inoue is only going to keep going up while Bam will be staying in 112 or 115. But again, you never know if they'll eventually cross paths in a couple years.

You're taking his talk way too literal. Of course he wants to express confidence in his abilities, so many fighters do that. I don't see what's so bad about that.

15. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    I want to see Bam back up his tough talk. Nothing wrong with that.