Jesse Rodriguez vs Srisaket Sor Rungvisai is set for June 25th

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Chuck Norris, Apr 26, 2022.

1. sasto

sasto Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    The good times keep rolling at 115! These young guys facing hard competition early are going to be nightmares for any future pampered prospect at 118 and will keep the legacy of this era alive.

Can you imagine what this would look like at HW? Jared Anderson fighting Deontay Wilder then taking on Richard Torres. AJ knocking over a few bums on network TV to stay fresh while he waited for Usyk. Careers wouldn't last more than 15-20 fights but they'd be incredible.

I'm just worried that SSR is so long gone that this will just be a name added to a resume. If what was said above is true, that he's gotten busy and is recovering his form, then this is going to be a great fight and probably "too much too soon."

But all I'm hoping for is that he has enough in the tank to keep his legacy intact.

pincai and Young Terror like this.
  2. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    No, he weaseled out of getting stopped himself. Sor Rungvisai hurt him several times to the body and was going for the kill, when they conveniently stopped it due to the cut. There was no way Cuadras could've lasted 4 more relentless rounds against a marauding Sor Rungvisai.

3. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Bam said in a Ellie Suckdick video that he would KO Inoue in one round.

I want to see this fight and witness an Icarus plummet to his death.

:clapclap::clapclap::clapclap:

CST80, ShovelHook, sasto and 3 others like this.
  4. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    One things for sure, is seeing these guys vye for position is gonna be awesome. Bam is prettier when he does it, more stylish; but I'm not convinced he's better at it. Rungvisai's footwork and all-round ring craft is underrated. The guy was very efficient at cutting the ring and the more dangerous aspect of his game is taking subtle, half steps during exchanges and shortening his shots. It messed with Gonzalez, and led to that horrid right hook. It made Cuadras ditch his usual strategy and against Estrada, it really messed with his usually masterful counter-punching.

Bam's a very sharp, technical fighter. He knows his range to a tee and doesn't **** about getting there. He's creative and a bit of a wonder kid. But I can really see his style specifically falling apart when he isn't the one controlling the range, and I'm not having that this kid is gonna win a war with Rungvisai at Rungvisai's leasure. He just hasn't shown the chin, nor the firepower for it. But then again, Bam's preparation for Cuadras was immaculate and so maybe he'll be ready for the finer details you get with Rungvisai.

My God, this fight has given me a boner.

pincai, ShovelHook, TipNom and 7 others like this.
  5. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    I really wanna see Fernando Martinez in with SRR and/or Estrada. Gonzalez finally facing Ioka would be welcome. Bam vs Tanaka, Fukunaga, Ancajas or Israel Gonzalez would all be amazing too.

So many good match-ups to be made. Best division in the sport by far.

6. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    Because Bam is young, I'd actually rather he go after the guys coming off losses - as contradictory as that is to what you'd like from most fighters - but if he was to face guys like Tanaka, Fukunaga, Ancajas or Israel Gonzalez after beating Rungvisai, then he'll be getting massive experience in, earning some nice pay days, is building an awesome resume, and also naturally allows the actual champions in the division a chance to face eachother and unify without interference. It also, brilliantly, lines up a list of Bam's next fights and also gives each fighter coming off a loss a chance to rebound straight away.

Sure, you'd get the odd wanker on here saying how he's cherry picking guys and how he's pretty much just taking the divisions sloppy seconds, but anyone in the know will know.

CST80 likes this.
  7. Origen of Pugilistica

Origen of Pugilistica New Member Full Member

May 8, 2020
    Really would've liked to see Bam go down to at least 112, not face one of the biggest punchers at super fly lol

8. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Another great fight to look forward to. I’m excited to see how much SSR has left and if Bam has what it takes to withstand a relentless puncher. Bring it on!

9. The G-Man

The G-Man Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2020
    Fap fap fap.
    Great card.The super fly division continues ti be super fly.All timegreat era of super flies.

All you need is some coke and a beautiful luscious trans goddess and that’s a perfect saturday night.

10. JunlongXiFan

JunlongXiFan Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 9, 2020
    I want the winner of this vs Ioka, Ioka needs to get back to fighting big names.

11. Dannymita

Dannymita Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2019
    I'd probably put my money on whoever the underdog is ...you'd favor SSR a few years ago but..is his heart even still in boxing?

12. sasto

sasto Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    This guy gets it!

The superfly hype is helping make these transcontinental fights.

JunlongXiFan and The G-Man like this.
  13. Young Terror

Young Terror ★ Griselda ★ Full Member

May 9, 2012
    Hes probably fighting Nietes again next as his mandatory. The plan was for Ioka to face Chocolatito but the WBO ruined his plans by saying he has to face his mandatory (Nietes) next.

But he could drop the belt and go for Chocolatito next that would be awesome.

14. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Fight is this week. I'm really stoked to see how it goes, I really don't know how this will end. Part of me wants Sor Rungvisai to pull it off so he can finally have a final rematch with Gallo.

15. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Fight week baby! I cant wait.