Jim Gray - Obnoxious to Boxers - Most Recent Example

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Mike Gould, May 19, 2019.

1. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
  2. Dangerwood84

Dangerwood84 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I remember that clearly. It was the Oktay urkal fight. Was a bizarre one for me as I had Tszyu clearly winning 9 rounds but in the states some were calling Urkal as being robbed!

MidniteProwler and Serge like this.
  3. Alphafighter

Alphafighter Active Member banned Full Member

Dec 4, 2017
    To be fair, Brazzeale really made a fool of himself with all the trash talking only to sparked out like an over protected girl within 2 minutes of the first round. Most people naturally will feel he was a bum who didn't deserve to be in the ring.

4. travolt

travolt Trolling the trolls Full Member

Aug 1, 2011
    In case of a mismatch, it's the announcer's job to tell it like it is. Dominick is a lazy fat slob who never prepares himself to perform: this was for the title and he came 3 pounds over what he weighed 3 years ago vs Mansour.

It's disrespecting for the paying public and Gray was totally right to critiscize him.

The announcer's job is to tell it like it is, not to kiss the fighter's asses.

Sheikh and rorschach51 like this.
  5. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    jim is a pos, but even a pos is capable of telling the truth. in a sport filled with unsavory characters from all walks, jim fits right in.
    the fight was a joke when you consider whats been going on in the hw division, and as much as i dislike gray, he was just echoing my personal opinion, and im glad theres still someone there willing to rock the corporate boat and tell it like some of us see it..

6. lighteningjab

lighteningjab Member Full Member

May 6, 2018
    :pancarta:

7. lighteningjab

lighteningjab Member Full Member

May 6, 2018
    Sycophant!

8. rski

rski Well-Known Member Full Member

May 12, 2013
    there a time and a place for it though, and its not just after a boxer has been knocked out cold in devastating fashion. this is the time to at least show a bit of respect to the beaten fighter.

CLUBBER likes this.
  9. Lazar

Lazar Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 3, 2016
    I’d give up a finger or two to see a big boy like Breazeale catch that weasel with a straight right.

10. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    There are a lot of pencil necked weasels in boxing who have never had a fight in their lives but feel they are in a position to ridicule fighters. Dan Rafael. Eddie Hearn. Barry Hearn. I could go on. Some of these guys have no self awareness.

And before someone retorts, yes this forum is full of people mocking fighters. Most of us do it. We are anonymous nobodies on an online forum though. Guys like Jim Gray are in the public domain.

I’d like to Jim Gray pull a stunt like that when it involves one of the Fury brothers’ (Peter and John) fighters.

11. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Theres being honest, then there is being insulting...Grays a wanker with no respect

Wizbit1013 and Potwash like this.
  12. Oakland Billy Smith

Oakland Billy Smith Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Toney was a great boxer....this made him a great legend

CST80 and Potwash like this.
  13. Kratos

Kratos Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 27, 2014
    eddie hearn is a jackass but he actually did have a few amateur fights so at least he knows what it feels.

14. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    He didn’t. Frank Warren exposed him. He did some research and couldn’t find a single registered Eddie Hearn bout. Hearn then changed his story about his amateur boxing background and doesn’t talk about it anymore.

Potwash likes this.
  15. shanahan14

shanahan14 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jul 5, 2011
    I knew there would be some contrarian ******* defending Jim Gray in this post.

Have you ever seen this man? He has disrespected damn near every boxer he interviewed. The guy is a total knob.

Birmingham likes this.