Joe Calzaghe Vs Carl Froch: Who wins in their Prime.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by JSpizz, Jan 23, 2021.

Both in their Prime who wins?

1. Froch KO

13 vote(s)
    8.1%
  2. Froch Decision

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  3. Calzaghe KO

6 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. Calzaghe Decision

132 vote(s)
    82.5%
  5. Draw

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  6. Undecided

6 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. JSpizz

JSpizz Jay Spizz. Full Member

Jan 8, 2021
    I rate Froch over Calzaghe 1v1 because of his power and chin, IMO Calzaghe is a bit of a slapper.

Not taking anything away from Calzaghe, probably the greatest @ 168 ever. But stylistically I think Froch walks through his punches and floors him.

Would have been a good fight, I wish it had happened.

2. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Id favor Slappy Joe, but it would be a close fight. I can see Froch putting Joe down though.

jaytxxl likes this.
  3. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Joe would lose most of the first half, promptly figure the Cobra out, and sweep the second. 8-4ish unanimous decision.

Daddy and don owens like this.
  4. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Calzaghe is faster, has better footwork, better boxing skills, Froch isn't winning this on points especially with Calzaghe's work rate, his best chance is stopping Calzaghe but that in itself is a tall order as Calzaghe has never shown anything other than an iron chin.

Where Froch does have a chance is he has a good right hand and Calzaghe is open to it and he also tends to respond with getting tagged by throwing back. I could definitely see Froch dropping Calzaghe but Calzaghe showed against Mitchell he can take a monster shot, get right back up and be very dangerous, his powers of recovery may rival Froch's.

How Calzaghe dealt with Kessler for me is the deciding factor. He did better than Froch did 2 times vs Kessler and Calzaghe shows he can adapt and not just throw a ton of punches when struggling but also use his boxing skills and box his way to a decision. Calzaghe wins a competitive decision.

Daddy, Finkel, TBI and 11 others like this.
  5. Boon

Boon Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 2, 2015
    Joe did'nt even have the balls to take on decent opposition for the vast majority of his career. A sneering coward. Froch wanted this fight for years, Joe not only did'nt accept, but also did not take on meaningful fights as well.

22JM and Oddone like this.
  6. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Calzaghe schools him like Ward did.

sid, gurmon, joe91 and 3 others like this.
  7. jaytxxl

jaytxxl Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 1, 2010
    I believe Ward was far more disciplined defensively than Calzaghe. I can see Froch KOing Joe.

8. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Joes would slap him silly for 12 rounds

9. Boomstick

Boomstick Active Member Full Member

Nov 23, 2020
    Tough, close fight. I’d gice Calzaghe a slight edge due to adaptability.

On the face of it, I’d expect a wide Calzaghe decision, but Froch always found a way to be competitive, and usually win, even when it might seem he wouldn’t. So, Calzaghe in a closer than expected fight.

10. Dannymita

Dannymita Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Calzaghe ud all day everyday...it's no secret I don't like froch..he'd give a more than game effort but Joe really would box his ears off ...bad match up stylistically

Id expect him to set a compubox record for punches landed

11. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Carl would be throwing with mass frustration in this fight and struggling to land the blows he wanted to

BCS8 and Dannymita like this.
  12. Dannymita

Jan 21, 2019
    Agreed..he'd have some success no doubt but Calzaghe would tag him relentlessly....it's just a really bad fight for froch a much as he called Joe out

Fighting someone whose faster than you, more skilled than you, better stamina than you, with a better boxing brain than you, better footwork, equally good chin and recovery as you do..and the only attribute you have that's better ...is power ....calzaghes penchant for a tear up would result in him getting hit...but he isn't losing this...I'd have bet my left bollock on it

Clinton, gollumsluvslave and BCS8 like this.
  13. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Slappy Joe drops a box of gloves on Froch's head and at the end people wonder how those slaps did so much damage.

14. JSpizz

JSpizz Jay Spizz. Full Member

Jan 8, 2021
    Bloody hell good luck trying to find a man willing to take that bet!!
    Froch could have had a machine gun I'm not betting either bollock on it!! Hahah

Dannymita likes this.
  15. Dannymita

Jan 21, 2019
    The town I'm from is sorta rough n impoverished...sometimes you have to bet these things lol

JSpizz likes this.