Joe Frazier Vs. Evander Holyfield..Prime for Prime?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by TheSouthpaw, Jan 26, 2013.

1. TheSouthpaw

TheSouthpaw Champion Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Ive always wondered being huge fans of both these great Champions just hoe this fight would go down. The more Ive thought about it I think Holy would have just been too much for Joe with the exception of Smoke finding a way to land that big left hook. other than that its the only Chance Joe would have. With Holy's great stamina, great chin, phenomenal combinations, and Heart he brought into the ring I believe on this night he comes out the better man!..

2. TheSouthpaw

Jul 21, 2012
  3. TheSouthpaw

Jul 21, 2012
  4. Theron

Theron Boxing Addict banned

Sep 2, 2012
    I have no idea with this one i think it will go the full distance and i know both of their faces will probably have mountains and hills formed on them, im gonna go with Holyfield split decision i think

5. TheSouthpaw

Jul 21, 2012

Ya..These two will be bangin it out T!..But your right if it does go the distance both guys are gonna look like they've been hit in the face with a hammer about 200 times when its all said and done...

6. FlyingFrenchman

FlyingFrenchman Active Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Awesome match-up. I'll take Holyfield by decision or late round KO.

7. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    I think Joe Frazier would get off the canvas early and pound out a close but clear decision over Evander.

Joe started slow and I could see Holyfield taking advantage and catching Frazier before he gets warmed up. I dont think he could keep Joe Frazier on the canvas no one could do that.

Holyfield let his opponents get inside. He had a good lefthook himself and he put punches together very well. With that said being on the inside with Joe Frazier is a bad place to be.

This fight would be at close quarters much of the time. Joe may take alot of punches but as the fight wore on I believe he would be the stronger man.

Holyfield would be worn down by the consistant body assault of Joe Frazier over the distance he would lose some steam and his offense would diminish.

Frazier W15.

8. champian

champian New Member Full Member

Jan 11, 2013
    frazier was a fat 205...holyfield was solid ass **** 215...um....

9. Addie

Addie Myung Woo Yuh! Full Member

Jun 14, 2006
    People think Holyfield of '92 beats Frazier of '71? I can't agree with that. I see Frazier's relentless body attack and pounding left hooks upstairs slowly breaking Holyfield down en route to either a late stoppage or a points decision. Frazier was a strong dude, regardless of weight. If he can do as he pleases with Ali in FOTC he'll be able to bully Holyfield too, who never looked to avoid a tear up.

10. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    This is a great matchup. One of the best that can be made.

Holy is top class and I reckon if we have the fight under 200 he'd come out on top. But in the hw division with no limits I edge towards Frazier.

Stronger more powerful and that dynamite left hook. It will be close all the way through but at some point Frazier will land his shot and win a big 10-8 round that will see the difference between these two.

11. Mordechai

Mordechai Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 18, 2008
    stop that bull****. frazier is a midget who is slow as **** and has just a left hook. he even wasn't a big puncher. hollyfield in every way he wants beat the **** out of frazier. holmes, tyson, bonecrusher, bruno, ruddock, mercer, bowe, lewis, byrd, both klitschkos, haye and so on would **** up frazier.

frazier is the most overrated heavy of all time

12. champian

Jan 11, 2013
    all the old time fighters are overrated ^ ....i mean they were good for there time...but all this non sense about any of them beating 80's to now fighters is just being a blind dumbass...

13. Addie

Addie Myung Woo Yuh! Full Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Bruno, Bonecrusher, Mercer, and Byrd beat Frazier? Log off.

14. champian

Jan 11, 2013
    let me correct that by saying george foreman is the only one i see that could hang...an did...but because hes a massive dude...

15. champian

Jan 11, 2013
    watch tapes of frazier..short..fat...could hit a little...had some skill...more than anyone else at that time...but lets be real...a dude thats 6'4 all muscle...descent cardio...punches hard..fast..not to much skill...i mean u wanna see a joe frazier in the 90's..look at james toney...a fat bum who does steriods an eats cheeseburgers in between rounds...an that whole toney-holyfiled fight was way past holys prime..