Joe Frazier vs Holyfield. Is Frazier gonna be able to out shoot Hoyfield?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by TheSouthpaw, Sep 24, 2012.

1. TheSouthpaw

TheSouthpaw Champion Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Or does Holy outshoot Frazier?
    My prediction in this fight is Frazier wins by KO between the 6th and 8th rounds..

2. Son of Gaul

Son of Gaul Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 16, 2010
    The fight has decision written all over it. No sure if Holyfield punched hard enough to earn Frazier's respect and keep him off for a full 12 rounds. I'd probably say Frazier UD 6-7 times out of 10. SD/MD for either guy the other 3-4 times.

3. Stevie G

Stevie G Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Joe cuts down a brave Holyfield around the tenth round. Pressure will be the key.

4. PowerPuncher

PowerPuncher VIP Member Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Holyfield is too technically good for Frazier, he'd use his jab, counter that left hook with his right and manage to back Frazier up. There would be some hellish exchanges but ultimately Holyfield prevails to earn a decision or late TKO, Holyfield hit harder than Ali

5. brnxhands

brnxhands Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 1, 2011
    It would be a war, an I think the more durable fighter wins. Holy by ko or rough decision.

6. the cobra

the cobra Awesomeizationism! Full Member

Jun 30, 2008
    I think it's the best fantasy match up possible in the division. Frazier's constant pace will get to Holy, but I'd expect him to pull through and gut out a decision in an epic clash. Wicked exchanges in this one.

7. turbotime

turbotime Hall Of Famer Full Member

May 4, 2012
    Holyfield UD. A little too technically solid for Frazier and very good on the inside, and the better outside guy. Also physically strong so he could tie up Frazier and bully him around.

8. brnxhands

brnxhands Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Man would that be a scrap

9. Bill1234

Bill1234 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 28, 2007
    I think Frazier would pound out a close decision in a war. It'd be back and forth with both fighters getting hurt and only getting more intense as it goes on.

Holyfield never really liked it to the body, and Frazier would be digging in as always, but at the same time Evander was a very accurate combination puncher, which would keep Joe honest in the exchanges.

Very difficult fight to pick.

10. bladerunner

bladerunner El Intocable Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    This style/fight would be very similar to the first Holy-Qawi fight, the key difference being that it's a far stronger and heavier handed Frazier.Now, Holy will also be bigger and stronger, but I don't think he can keep Frazier at bay, and Joe's incessant and ferocious work rate will break Holy late rds.

11. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Pounchin powar calculateur Full Member

Sep 13, 2012
    :deal:deal

12. scartissue

scartissue Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 2, 2006
    Unfortuantely Holyfield's defense is his offense and that does not bode well against Joe. I see Joe wearing him down to a 10th round stoppage in an absolute war.

Scartissue

13. Bummy Davis

Bummy Davis Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Frazier was relentless and the harder puncher of the 2, although Evander was a 2 fisted fighter and Frazier was not...The pace would be ferocious but Frazier holds the edge in stamina and Smoking, not Bert but Joe prevails by a late TKO, swelled up a bit but victorious

14. Stevie G

Stevie G Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 17, 2009

It's debatable as to whether Holyfield hit harder than Ali,but I can't see Evander taking the punishment that Ali did in their 1971 bout,and still be standing at the final bell.

15. OvidsExile

OvidsExile At a minimum, a huckleberry over your persimmon. Full Member

Aug 28, 2012
    I looked up Ali and Holyfield's stats on Boxrec recently when someone mentioned they thought Tyson would beat Ali. Turns out, Ali and Holyfield share the same height(6'3"), reach(78"), and fighting weight(190-230 but mostly 215). Considering that Tyson shares some hard hitting swarming characteristics with Frazier who is an inch taller(5'11") than Mike with two inches more reach (73") I think their respective match ups say a lot about how they would perform against each other. The one variable in this case is that Tyson weighed about fifteen pounds more than Frazier and he outweighed Holyfield in their fights whereas Ali always was the bigger man fighting Frazier.