Joe Frazier vs Ike Ibeabuchi who do you have?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by AliMyths&Legends, Jan 8, 2017.

Joe Frazier vs Ike Ibeabuchi

Poll closed Jan 15, 2017.
  1. Joe Frazier

47.1%
  2. Ike Ibeabuchi

52.9%
  1. AliMyths&Legends

AliMyths&Legends Active Member banned Full Member

Jan 4, 2017
    I've been watching Ike Ibeabuchi today, and thought this would make a good head to head.
    Both fight on the inside, both have good stamina.
    Do we know enough about Ibeabuchi to compare him to Frazier. He never lost a fight, so his weaknesses were never fully exposed.
    Anyway who do you have and why?

2. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Based on the issues Tua caused Ibeabuchi you'd have to give Fraizer the advantage if Ibeabuchis power wasn't too much for him. I think there's a chance of JF being blown out early like he against Foreman X2 but there's also a good chance he weathers the early storm and outlasts Ibeabuchi to a close points win. I don't think I can confidently pick a winner here... But lean towards a JF decision based on the fact he was more proven and there's one 2 fights with Ike in with world class operators.

KiwiMan likes this.
  3. AliMyths&Legends

Jan 4, 2017
    one talking point I would like someone to explain to me is stamina. They both had good stamina no doubt about it. Ike was in the fight with the highest compubox punch stats ever recorded, but was there fights that Frazier was in, that had higher punch stats that were not recorded by compubox? Ali vs Frazier fights must of had a extremely high punch output, anyone obsessive enough to try counting the punches or know the punch output?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  4. ZODIUS!!!

ZODIUS!!! The certified boss banned Full Member

Nov 27, 2016
    Hard to say Ike was bigger but we never saw enough of him

5. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    Yeah but had a lot of issues with the smaller Tua who was like Frazier is more way than one....

6. Godhead

Godhead Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Tua outweighed Frazier by like 40 pounds and was WAYYY stronger...you can't compare Frazier to David Tua. Frazier was like 204 pounds in his prime...Tua and Ibeabuchi kill him.

7. ZODIUS!!!

ZODIUS!!! The certified boss banned Full Member

Nov 27, 2016
    Smaller yes but he weighed more then Frazier and hit harder he also had a better chin

8. wolfish

wolfish New Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    If Ibeabuchi could take 12 rounds of Tua's punches he could surely handle Frazier's power and he weighed about 240 & was around 6'3 or 4....too big and powerful for Frazier with a granite chin.

9. AliMyths&Legends

Jan 4, 2017
    He's down as 6'2 with a 76 inch reach.

10. heerko koois

heerko koois Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
  11. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    Sure I can... Smaller come forward heavies with great left hooks. Tua when he was in shape campaigned in the 220s and even lighter. Tua may have been bulkier(Samoan genetics) but they're still of a similar size and style at their respective peaks.

drenlou likes this.
  12. RingKing75

RingKing75 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Dec 23, 2013
    Dude thats a real stretch. Frazier was a biscuit about 200lbs and Tua was 225 in the Ike fight. He usually came in low 230s and was built like a mack truck. Both guys imho beat Frazier. Too big and Frazier would have to brawl with those guys and he just wouldnt be able to take the shots for too long.

13. BlizzyBlizz

BlizzyBlizz VIP Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2013
    I don't think that Joe had the tools to beat Ike. Ike had a jab, a chin and he didn't get tired. Now im not saying that Tua was better than Joe, but if Tua couldn't catch Ike Joe wouldn't either. Ike by UD.

14. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    Tua at his best was lighter... When he came in the 230s and higher he was slow, ploddy and easier to deal with. A bit bigger than Fraizer for sure, but I think if smoking Joe was fighting in the same era as Tua with the aid of supplement and a nutritionist could probably add 10-15 lbs of good solid muscle. Tua was more compact sure... But still built in the vein of a JF kind of fighter.

juppity likes this.
  15. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Would be hell of a fight that's for sure

KiwiMan likes this.