Joe Frazier vs Ike Ibeabuchi who do you have?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by AliMyths&Legends, Jan 8, 2017.

Joe Frazier vs Ike Ibeabuchi

Poll closed Jan 15, 2017.
  1. Joe Frazier

47.1%
  2. Ike Ibeabuchi

52.9%
  1. Goomba73

Goomba73 Member Full Member

Sep 26, 2016
    The Tua - Ibeabuchi fight is hands down the best heavyweight fight I have ever seen....... both with brutal power, both with granite infused chins and both willing to get hit with a bomb to deliver a bomb, and enough punches thrown to make a flyweight title fight seem as though nothing happend .....WHAT A FIGHT!!!!

KiwiMan likes this.
  2. pincai

pincai The Indonesian Thin Man Full Member

Jun 10, 2012
    I normally side with the all timer, but not in this case. No disrespect for Frazier, but I think he is outsize and outgun on this match up. Ike byrds Frazier in a shoot out.

3. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    This would have been a hell of a tough fight for both men. I can see frazier been dropped a few times in early rounds but as fight goes on Joe starts landing those crazy left s and down the line it's frazier by slim unanimous but frazier face is banged up

4. Jim Dean

Jim Dean Member banned Full Member

Jan 5, 2017
    Ibeabuchi stopped Byrd who had a great chin no reason he can not stop Frazier who had a suspect chin.

5. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Can definitely see Joe hitting the canvas a few times but frazier would keep getting up. Ike is no foreman and frazier would battle through. It would go all the way but Ike loses

6. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Frazier was a SMALL heavyweight. Ibeabuchi was a Sonny Liston (+10lbs) sized fighter.

The fight I'd love to see would have been Ibeabuchi vs Foreman. That would have been a slugfest while it lasted.

latineg likes this.
  7. Pugilist_Spec

Pugilist_Spec Hands Of Stone Full Member

Aug 17, 2015
    Frazier would win. Go ahead and convince me of this devastating power that Ibeabuchi had - you can't. He threw a bolo punch from the ground that landed on Byrd and still couldn't knock him out properly. He did no damage to Tua depsite throwing hundreds and hundreds of punchers.

The guy was not a huge hitter. Frazier could live with him. And he'd outlast him and outhustle him. Frazier decision.

Jim Dean likes this.
  8. ForemanJab

ForemanJab Deus Vult Full Member

May 8, 2014
    If Frazier could take his power it would be a barnburner

9. Jim Dean

Jim Dean Member banned Full Member

Jan 5, 2017
    Yes you could be right about the power. I don't know about outlasting him though. Ibeabuchi had quite a tank on him as well.

10. ForemanJab

ForemanJab Deus Vult Full Member

May 8, 2014
    He still stopped Byrd and Tua had a sturdier chin than JF imo. Ike had freaky stamina and workrate for his size, he threw nearly 1000 punches in 12 rounds against Tua. It would be a tough fight for both guys.

Jim Dean likes this.
  11. Godhead

Godhead Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 26, 2010
    When TUA was 220..he was PRE-PRIME and like 21..PRIME TUA was 240 and 4x stronger then Frazier..Frazier would get stopped early by Ibeachui and Tua. He was close to 240 against Lewis.

'SPORTS PURIST" need to let go of the fact that people who did a sport 40-50 years ago wouldn't be as good in later years.

Frazier is a SMALL come forward heavyweight who would get destroyed by alot of people..his style was bad.

12. daverobin

daverobin Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2015
    like tua wouldnt be all over the ground if tua fought a prime foreman

13. ZODIUS!!!

ZODIUS!!! The certified boss banned Full Member

Nov 27, 2016
    No actually he wouldn't be nowhere near the ground because Tua had a real good chin unlike little joe

14. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    When he was out of shape... Tuas best performances were all in the 220s. Tua is a smaller heavyweight built in the mold of Frazier, Tyson, Marciano among others. The fact he may have been stockier and more compact than some of those guys doesn't change that.

15. daverobin

daverobin Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2015
    tua had a good chin / but george foreman puts tua down and away by rd 7 in a mismatch .......how old are you 16 ?