Joe Frazier vs. Lennox Lewis

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Cheese, Jan 26, 2010.

1. MAG1965

MAG1965 VIP Member banned

Dec 1, 2008
    Frazier at 205 vs. Lewis at 245-250? Lewis stops Frazier in about 2 or 3 rounds.

moneytheman12 and White Bomber like this.
  2. round15

round15 Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 27, 2007
    I'd bet on the younger, lighter version of Lennox Lewis, to do more damage to Frazier. If you're talking FOTC Joe Frazier, I find it hard to believe the heavier or heaviest version of Lewis would be quick enough to keep Joe off of him. Certainly, the version that fought Tyson wouldn't have an easy fight against the FOTC Joe Frazier. Granted, I've learned to respect Lennox a lot more, later on in his career because even though he didn't have the Foreman killer instinct, Lennox would box and make you quit with his boxing skills.

I don't think Lennox or anyone for that matter destroys the FOTC Joe Frazier. Not even Foreman or Tyson who many on this forum believe destroys Joe rather quickly and easily. 1973 version of Frazier, yeah most likely he gets beat by all of the big punchers. 1968 - FOTC Joe Frazier, would give Lewis and all the big punchers a battle they've never experience before and I wouldn't put it past this version of Frazier to get to Lewis' body and break him down. People forget that Lennox, like the Klitschkos would provide Joe with a very sizeable body shot target.

3. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    On paper this fight should be competitive.
    In reality it would be a mismatch.

What would actually happen is Steward would be aware of Fraziers tendancy to start slow and would probably instruct Lewis to just blast him out early. That is not me being a Lennox Lewis fan, that is legit my objective opinion.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  4. Stiches Yarn

Stiches Yarn Active Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2021
    This is not a good fight for joe.
    But Lewis, although he was a strongman with real power in both hands, was, according to Holyfield, not as strong as an old Foreman, nor did hit harder. George also has a much better chin than Lennox.
    By the way, FOTC fraizer was also a bit better than the Kingston one.
    However, Lewis has much greater foundamentals and technique than George with a better stamina.
    Who i would favor?
    Lewis.
    Should i write Frazier's off?
    No.

5. RulesMakeItInteresting

RulesMakeItInteresting Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
    Pre-Steward Lewis gets mowed over by Joe in 7 or 8, but not before scoring a big kd with the uppercut.

Steward-era Lewis is way more interesting in this fight.

Stiches Yarn and swagdelfadeel like this.
  6. RulesMakeItInteresting

RulesMakeItInteresting Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
    Me neither. The FOTC Frazier was both possessed by maniacal rage and enmity and tempered by his trainer to be the perfect fighting machine. To me h2h there's no beating him in the heavyweights. That look in his eye.....

swagdelfadeel likes this.
  7. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    oh geez!

8. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    George Foreman couldn't keep Joe Frazier on the canvas , he got up 6 times in the face of the most powerful heavyweight champion of all time. FOTC Frazier ain't getting stopped by Lennox Lewis and as the rounds drag on it will be Frazier getting stronger. By the way,,who did Lewis ever fight who had the style of Frazier? Constant pressure and head movement that even Ali said Frazier wasn't that easy to hit. I'll take a PRIME Joe Frazier to wear out and exhaust Lewis.. he was never ko'ed by Oliver McCall

9. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    If Frazier Is able to land one of his formidable hooks, Lewis goes down for sure..It could be even a KO. Ali got up but he had the best chin ever.

Besides Frazier chin was good, he got up 6 times with Foreman.

50/50 bout imo.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  10. swagdelfadeel

swagdelfadeel Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 30, 2014
    I'll admit, it gave me a chuckle as well. :lol:

11. ChrisJS

ChrisJS Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I’ll take Frazier in his prime. Lewis natural instinct is to be a bit timid. He’s not going to be like Foreman and just go head-on with Frazier (who’d left a big part of himself in the Ali I fight) so while he may score points the first 3/4 rounds, he’d then have a warmed up Frazier working him. Lewis wasn’t much of an inside guy.

swagdelfadeel and Reinhardt like this.
  12. Gazelle Punch

Gazelle Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 15, 2018
    If Holy could make it to the end so would Frazier ( or Marciano). But he losses a decision here.

13. scandcb

scandcb Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2020
    Lewis would probably smash Marciano.

14. Gazelle Punch

Gazelle Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 15, 2018
    I’d take Marcianos chin over Lewis Holy or Frazier. Lewis might win but he ain’t smashing him out early.

15. Entaowed

Entaowed Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Dec 16, 2012
    How many times does it need to be said that Lewis does not have a glass jaw?
    He was KOed clean once when arrogant & under-prepared in general & for the altitude.
    He faced many more sluggers & SHW sized men than Frazier.
    Who was wobbled or knocked down by smaller, lesser hitting HWs-& the one big true slugger he faced massacred him twice.

Love Frazier, but there is no reason to think he has even as good a chin as Lewis.
    He could endure mucho punishment-up to a certain level.
    Generally & here take 2 ATGs, one much bigger, at the very least no style advantage for the underdog...
    Frazier loses.