Joe Frazier vs Razor Ruddock "Primes"

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Bonecrusher, Sep 2, 2010.

1. stonehammerjack

stonehammerjack Member Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Hopefully you are joking when you wrote this. Your facts are wrong from the off by fact that Lewis crushed him in 2 in their fight. Drugs will kill you son. Please get cleaned up.

slash and Reinhardt like this.
  2. The Mongoose

The Mongoose I honor my bets banned

Aug 13, 2009
    Tyson ruined Ruddock..what Lewis fought was an empty shell of a man.

Claw4075 likes this.
  3. crippet

crippet Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    :patsch:patsch:patsch:patsch:patsch:patsch:patsch:patsch:patsch:patsch

4. The Mongoose

Aug 13, 2009
    Ruddock said "Tyson took something from him." You deny Ruddock's own words?

Sarcasm off:

Ok, seriously where the **** was this forum's common sense when people were spewing this **** with straight faces?

:patsch

swagdelfadeel and young griffo like this.
  5. SuzieQ49

SuzieQ49 Officer Full Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Mongoose,

Don't even bother with those imbeciles. I really don't see how people are so gullible.

6. The Mongoose

Aug 13, 2009
    Yeah, I guess Ruddock is only an invincible beast when he's fantasy matched against Marciano.

I recall a thread a while back, some posters kept going on and on about Tyson ruining Ruddock...cuz thus saidth the Razor so it must be true.

7. he grant

he grant Historian/Film Maker Full Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Sounds right ..

8. crippet

crippet Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    And David Haye said he was gonna fight a Klitchko - Like everyone knows its what a fighter does in the ring not what he says.
    Lewis did better against almost every common opponent he had with Tyson and toyed with a faded but still dangerous and also younger than Lewis version of Tyson.

But hey what are actual accomplishment compared to what someone says when it can be spun to fit ones purpose???

9. The Mongoose

Aug 13, 2009
    Do you think I'm being sarcastic when I say I'm being sarcastic? :think

10. tommygun711

tommygun711 The Future Full Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Rudduck would be destroyed imo.

young griffo likes this.
  11. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher Lineal Champion Full Member

Jul 19, 2004

I don't think Ruddock was the same fighter after Tyson..

I know for a fact he was far gone vs Morrison...

Lewis shares no similarities to Frazier at all so to refrence Lewis banging him out in 2 means nothing, I know you were drawing similarities about their chins but If Lewis hit Frazier like he hit Ruddock in round one Joe is hitting the canvas as well.. So lets say the chin is a wash, Ruddock is a big strong and deadly puncher Frazier would be in for a fight!!

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  12. anut

anut Boxing Addict banned

Apr 4, 2007
    I luv ruddock........... But joe wins via decision

13. MRBILL

MRBILL Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Prime 1989 to 1991 Ruddock prolly lands a smash or two early on and gets prime 1968 to 1971 Frazier outta there in a wild affair but, if Ruddock fails to park Frazier within 5 rds, Frazier smokes onward and out-works a lazy Ruddock to get the decision..... WORD!

MR.BILL:hat

14. MMAMIKE

MMAMIKE Member banned Full Member

May 15, 2020
    JOE SMOKES RAZOR IN 2

15. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Even if Razor did hurt Joe or knock him down he wouldn't have the punch output or the energy to take the fight out of Joe.
    Frazier would get inside easily cause Razor couldn't box. No jab to contend with. The hookercut was usually telegraphed from the outside..
    Once inside remember this isn't Mike Tyson. Joe Frazier gonna stay inside. He gonna live inside. He's moving in, putting his feet up, getting mail.
    In between every 1 or 2 punches of Ruddock you would have 10 from Frazier. As the rounds went on Joe would start to grin feeling the power diminish from Razor's punches. This would be pure phonebooth warfare.
    Razor was strong and he had some heart. I think he may last the distance unless the referee gets tired of counting.
    Joe wasn't as powerful as Tyson but he would land consistently inside with that solid hook. Razor with his balance problems sees the canvas like Carnera did vs Baer. He may get up laughing but it still a knockdown.