Joe Frazier vs Rocky Marciano : who wins?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by RazorHandz, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Boxed Ears

Boxed Ears this my daddy's account (RIP daddy) Full Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Fighter X, by Pyrrhic victory.

2. janitor

janitor VIP Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2006
    The fans would win.

3. [JoKeR]

[JoKeR] Member Full Member

Dec 10, 2012
    This matchup could quite possibly provide the greatest heavyweight contest of all time.

I don't see either man dominating the other. I would say that this contest ends via tko past the 10th. But I'm having a very difficult time predicting an outright winner. If I HAD to pick a winner I would lean towards Frazier. I think he's better on the inside and I think that's where the fight would be fought.

4. RazorHandz

RazorHandz Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Agreed, better inside fighter and more consistent body puncher. I can see Marciano dropping Frazier once or twice in the early rounds but Frazier would recover and proceed to outwork Marciano toe to toe, breaking him down round after round, slowly but surely, chipping away at the rock like an erosion. This would be the ultimate example of taking someone into deep waters and drowning them.

5. heavy_hands

heavy_hands Guest

so if joe said it , end of the thread... :lol:. joe frazier never had any problem with small men under 200 pounds, frazier simply demolished them, even a killer puncher like bob foster, and rocky was dropped by a 40 years old moore, he had problems with charles, with walcott... joe frazier was the stronger man and he had the better chin . ezzard charles would not have lasted 6 rounds with joe frazier. and rocky marciano would have been demolished by george foreman, frazier fought in a much harder era, it is simple, the rest is blablabla. actually i always did ask myself about the history of marciano having a better chin than frazier ... it is simply ridiculous.(and oscar bonavena in his prime was stronger than any rival of marciano and he would give rocky all what he could handle). oscar was bigger,thicker and stronger thn marciano, he did hit pretty hard and was very tough

6. Bummy Davis

Bummy Davis Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Joe Frazier would also have trouble with Charles,Walcott and Moore, they had a great skill level and all three had very good power. Bonavena was a puffed up fighter with nowhere near the power or conditioning Marciano had, Oscar was a much different level than Marciano. You are entitled to your opinion but Just the fact that you believe these things is just bla bla bla, Joe Frazier was great but fought just 26 fights before FOTC, Bonavena was a strong Rhythm breaker but no where near Marciano's level and I am not sure how well Foreman would have done vs the experience of that era

7. heavy_hands

heavy_hands Guest

no, he would not have great problems with them, frazier would destroy these 3 men, moore would not last 2 rounds with joe frazier, much less the old moore who faced rocky , frazier took shots from bob foster like nothing and foster did hit harder than charles and moore and he did hit as hard as walcott , frazier would overpower them easily, he was bigger, 20 pounds heavier than rocky and he was faster, frazier was much harder to outbox than rocky .
    bonavena was bigger,faster , 20 pounds of muscle heavier and stronger than marciano and he would give rocky a hell of fight. (and george foreman would knock out charles,walcott,moore and marciano)

8. Wass1985

Wass1985 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object???

9. mr. magoo

mr. magoo VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Had championship bouts been scheduled for 12 rounds back in 1952, as opposed to 15, Marciano would have lost to a 37 year old man who weighed under 200 lbs and had 16 career losses....

Joe Frazier>>>>>>>>> Rocky Marciano.

10. dyna

dyna Boxing Junkie banned

Jun 1, 2012
    Judging by Frazier his 100% KO ratio on men below 200 lbs, and Frazier being an ATG anyway I go with Frazier by KO.

11. KuRuPT

KuRuPT Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 26, 2011
    My money would be on marciano here... He hit harder... just as tough... stronger... and could hit with both hands. I love when people come into a frazier thread and go...oh joe's not a one handed fighter like many believer.. Ummmm NO that is EXACTLY what he was. Nobody is claiming his right hand was incapacitated.. sure he could throw it and did at times. However, the VAST majority of his work was with one hand. not only that but his punch variety was on the verge of painfully lacking. Rocky threw better cominations and was a better two handed fighter. Close fight.. great fight.. a war.. but rocky would prevail.

12. heavy_hands

heavy_hands Guest

it comes of your imagination? right? he never proved it but you decide to say this crap... joe frazier was bigger and 20 pounds heavier, and he overpowered every guy under 200 pounds easily, marciano struggled with guys who weighed less than 200 pounds and were old guys

13. KuRuPT

KuRuPT Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Does struggle equate to being inferior in strength? When did they OVERPOWER him.. which is what we're talking about? Trust me, when you talked about joe not being a one handed fighter.. your credibility was already called into question. Frazier DID fight most with one hand and had a very limited variety of punches he could and would throw. If you think otherwise.. you need to stop drinking the Frazier Kool-Aid cause he wasn't some two handed fighter with all the punches in the book... in fact.. he was far from that.

14. Manassa

Manassa - banned

Apr 6, 2007
    :patsch

15. mr. magoo

mr. magoo VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    :patsch