Joe Frazier vs. Rocky Marciano

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by spion, May 4, 2010.

1. janitor

janitor VIP Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Having two good hands, and two good eyes, might help a bit!

2. TBI

TBI Active Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2015
    It sure helped Rocky.

Frazier did well for his "deficiencies".

Frazier did have a right hand, and it was useful in ways other than being a heavily-relied upon power punch.

3. JC40

JC40 Boxing fan since 1972 banned Full Member

Jul 12, 2008
    In my humble Frazier would get a stoppage somewhere between the sixth and tenth rounds. He was too quick and too strong for Marciano. Add Rocky’s propensity to bleed and it’s hard to envisage Rocky beating him.

Prime Frazier was a lot harder to put away than fighters like Walcott, Moore and Charles.

Cheers All.

4. The Undefeated Lachbuster

The Undefeated Lachbuster I check this every now and then Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
  5. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Two Pitbulls, tough and determined. Both took a great shot. Good bodypunchers. No quit in either guy..
    Two Legendary Heavyweight Champions. Can't knock either guy. No need to.
    Rocky had a semi crouch where he seemed to be leaning away from a right hand. He had certain awkward moves that his opponents never caught on to. He had an athletes anticipation and timing. Even the great Archie Moore commented that Marciano knew how to change the pace and timing of his punching in their fight.
    Joe Frazier bobbed and weaved much more. He utilized the crossarmed defense but not always. Joe was very accurate for a slugger, pressure fighter. His punches were short and precise.
    Joe Frazier's hook was like a whip, and it did damage. It busted guys up.
    This matchup I like Joe Frazier to cut Rocky up. He was quicker and more accurate. If Eddie Futch choose he could have Joe stand up and box. He could outbox Rocky. He was able do that with Quarry in fight 2. One of his easier fights.
    Frazier by TKO

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  6. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Is this real?