Joe Frazier vs. Superheavyweights

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by rm36, Dec 13, 2009.

1. rm36

rm36 Active Member Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Riddick Bowe
    Lennox Lewis
    Vitali Klitschko
    Wladimir Klitschko

:think

2. haglerforever

haglerforever Member Full Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Ali ,I think would be a candidate for super heavy, therfore..

Frazier KO Bowe

Frazier KO vitali Klitcho

Frazier KO Vlad klitchco

Frazier KO Lenox Lewis (only tough call)

3. Boxed Ears

Boxed Ears this my daddy's account (RIP daddy) Full Member

Jul 28, 2009
    You can't even spell Klitschko when it's right in front of you for crying out loud.

4. Boxed Ears

Jul 28, 2009
    Say what you will about the old guys are always greater or the new guys are too big. Forget that. Frazier is a type of animal that none of these guys have been in the ring with and maybe they wouldn't know how to deal. It's possible Frazier was built for Vitali the way he was built for Foreman and I'd have to favor him but a guy with that ability to get in and crack even the best with that relentless left hook to the body and head, again, none of these guys faced a Frazier. None. But Frazier may have the best shot against Wlad. That bobbing might offset the admittedly outstanding jab Wlad has and he might get knocked out. I don't see that happening with Lewis or Vitali though.

5. Boxed Ears

Jul 28, 2009
    I left out Bowe. I think prime Bowe would've been tempted to inside fight Frazer, who was squirrelier than Holy and Bowe had a lot of trouble with Holy. Bowe was a great inside fighter, especially considering being a man his size. I really don't know about that one. I'd really favor Frazier only over Wlad but say he had a good enough chance over them all and they over him.

6. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Instead of picking winners, I'll pick an overall record. 1-3 is most likely For Frazier.

7. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Probably 1-3 is about right.

8. Joe

Joe ♦♣♥♠Slowhand♦♣♥♠ Full Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Or Lennox...

9. Joe

Joe ♦♣♥♠Slowhand♦♣♥♠ Full Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Agreed.

10. janitor

janitor VIP Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2006
    I would go with 2-2 or even 3-1.

11. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    ****, yeah, I meant 3-1 not 1-3. Doh. I would expect Frazier to win more than lose.

12. ricardoparker93

ricardoparker93 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 30, 2009
    3 - 1 for me. Foremans uppercuts were what destroyed Frazier so maybe a prime Bowe is the worst match up for him. But Wlads and Lewis's suspect whiskers and Vitali's lack of offensive variation see those three losing i believe.

13. Vantage_West

Vantage_West ヒップホップ·プロデューサー Full Member

Jul 11, 2006
    i wonder which 3 you think will win against frazier:think:think:thinkhmn i dunno

14. teeto

teeto Obsessed with Boxing banned

Oct 15, 2007
    i've always felt so strong that he beats wladimir brutally, he'd lose to lennox though imo,

15. Vantage_West

Vantage_West ヒップホップ·プロデューサー Full Member

Jul 11, 2006
    wlad is the most well composed of all the fighters mentioned but his chin plus with his good but limited array of punches and kinda static porous defence i dont think it could keep frazier off him and i would find it hard for wlad to land a 1-2 to stop it.
    late round stoppage.

vitali i think is a tougher test. not only is he the biggest one in the group but also the only one not to get stopped, i know the cut agasint lennox and bowe technically was a dq winner but he hasnt been truely rocked yah semme. the best ko ratio (even if that is due to competition or just luck). this is the one im unsure about. is vitalis much longer range and wieght advantages going to keep frazier not only off him but also away from him and would impose himself in the clinch and land the uppercut on the way in. or will it be polar opposite vitali's hieght and robotic punches would be toopredictable and too ungainly for fraizer who would walk right through the jab, being small and mobile enough not to be bogged down on the outside and get striaght into the pocket where vitalis hieght and reach not only make him more of a target but also lack of inside work that has been a drag on klitschko's career.
    i would think a ud for frazier with vitali winning the odd round for landing a few good shots and staying out of trouble.

bowe. the best inside fighter of the superheavyweights. was able to impose himself on every fighter he faced even if that didnt always lead to a great win. his combinations are much better and his body work is great for a man of his size. but his knockoutpower was mostly due to him just out-tanking you. holy gave him plenty of trouble a former cruiser who isnt much bigger than a frazier. holy was more of a boxer than joe, who would go to war if the other guy wanted to. in that, holy dropped him and hurt him numerous times in the trilogy....and also had hepatitus to top it off. going to war with frazier is never a plan that was succesful. foreman didnt get bogged down in the type of fight he kept him at bay and teed off. bowe isnt doing this. he is prolly going to get beat down horrificly. prolonged beating with some good give and take from both men but fraziers workrate and faster hands would just overwhelm him. tko mid/late

lennox....even though len is pretty ungainly his uppercut is the hardest of the group. his style is closest to foremans (who i am guessing is fraziers wolfbane) he can do it outside and inside VERY well. was very physical and barged people across the ring.

1st scenario: that lennox starts early booms the right uppercut and rigth hands while clinching and wrestling frazier to a standstill which he either drops him early and tko's him (unlikely) or he repeats and leads frazier unable to get into position which leads to an uninspiring card win for lennox. with frazier having some good spurts and winning th elater rounds.

2nd scenario: frazier is outpointed early due to lennox moving and landing lead rights and keeping the jab going...then frazier coming on strong to keep lewis covered up and in trouble like mercer did then frazier dropping the left hook just as lennox pulls out of a clinch either stopping it clean or stops lennox from winning on the cards..

to make an assumption. lennox should win. but frazier is a big puncher hard to catch real clean and lennox chin has been clipped and he has been dropped and stopped hard.

2-2 or maybe 3-1 for frazier

people are forgetting that joe was a pretty lean solid heavywieght was frazier. he may be 6ft and 200lbs but he was still pretty big in terms of physique and his style wasnt about being cute but being raw and hitting the guy as many times as possible. if he had been bigger in hieght and weight or even smaller he would be a similar fighter

hieght and wieght would be a factor, i hope i stressed that enough. but even ali arguably the most mobile heavyweight of all time was getting rope burn on his back throughout the trilogy. only punchers who have the defence and the accuracy to keep him on the backfoot. have the chance