Joe frazier vs Tommy Morrison

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by uncletermite, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher Lineal Champion Full Member

Jul 19, 2004

He'd flatten Frazier but couldn't keep from being pummeled in round 2 by 1-7 Mitchell Rose???

Your not even a good troll kid move along

2. SILVER SKULL 66

SILVER SKULL 66 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 6, 2013
    Morrison was an exciting fighter in his time, too bad his career/life was cut short by sickness, disease, but prime for prime in a 15 round fight, Tommy would run out of gas and Joe stops him late..

The only chance Morrison would have would be to land a bomb early, and that would be a long shot..:-( but it would be interesting while it lasted:yep

Lennox , or Tyson vs Frazier would be a more competitive fight:deal

3. uncletermite

uncletermite Boxing Addict banned

Aug 2, 2015

No deal...Lewis would absolutely demolish him and Tyson says it all....Morrison would have a chance to tire out that's fraziers only shot.I think Frazier would be the one who needs to survive here..power punches take everything out of you,and no amount of stamina would save him if hes hit flush by a Morrison hook.Morrison can slip up but again at their peak/focused state Tommy was a scary guy to fight if you weren't Lewis.

When foreman was asked about fighting Morrison compared to Frazier he had said he was scared of Fraziers hook ,but was terrified with Morrisons.

4. fists of fury

fists of fury Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 25, 2006
    I like Morrison a lot, but despite a great left hook and some nice skills, he's in over his head here.

Tommy never could take a shot, had truly poor stamina and could not fight at the pace Joe set.
    Heck, fighting at his own pace Morrison was good for about 4 rounds.
    Yes he is bigger than Joe but that's not enough.
    Joe weathers a predictable early onslaught to stop Morrison in 6 or 7 rounds.

5. The Long Count

The Long Count Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Morrison would look good for two rounds and then Joe would begin to smoke and Tommy would fold around the 4-5-6th round

6. energie

energie Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 8, 2012
    ok whats your mailing address so i can mail you a dose of reality ...............i like morrison but joe frazier would knock tommy morrison out ...also tommy is lucky he fought a fat shot to **** and inactive razor ruddock and also tommy is lucky ron lipton stiopped the fight against ruddock (it was a horrible stoppage ...i mean horrible_ tommy lucky cause the next rd ruddock was gonna knock out a spent tommy morrison ..,,,,,,joe frazier kos tommy in 4 rds :deal

7. Entaowed

Entaowed Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Uncletermite, I am sue you are NOT a troll, but a bunch of folks are convinced you are. Because your opinions are as extremely biased towards recent fighters as some old timers are in the opposite direction.

Yes Morrison could possiblyy overpoer Frazier, But he has ot & is unlikely to beat be good enough to take out a fighter of Frazier's caliber.

You are plain wrong with the simplistic assumption that greater weight must mean hitting harder, especially past 200 lbs. where there is diminsihing returns, AND considering the same fighter much older & fatter.

Foreman likely hit CLOSE to his old power when he was in his 40's.
    He was better as in more skilled overall, but the dimisnished physical abilities, especially speed, meant he was not as good in absolute terms.

Look consider an indication of your serious subconscious bias man:
    You gave Morrison a 1/2 dozen strengths, Frazier just two.

Now sometimes less strengths but their importance & degree of the strength wins the day,

BUT how could you list Frazier's strengths absent noting also:
    Work rate? Heart? And hand speed?

Frazier was faster than Morrison, at least in hand speed & his bob & weave-which also should be listed.

Few folks GROW & admit that their confidence was mispaced.
    But a few DO. And so hopefully your sover assessment of the benefits of size & some modern training i supplemnted by gaining greater overall wisdom.
    Newer & more modern is not awlays better.
    Some of the old techniques are as good as modern ones,

Just keep am Open Mind.
    Otherwise all intellectual & spiritual growth ceases.
    Thanks for listening man.

8. Mr Butt

Mr Butt Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 16, 2009
    Frazier wins and it's not even close

Frazier KO

9. Knights107

Knights107 Member Full Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Maybe this can compare :

Frazier VS Ali 1 & Morrison who fight mercer,ruddock,or else.

I'd pick frazier.. frazier can get 1 win with The Greatest. & drop him with his left hook..

If morrison get caught by Frazier left hook.. It's over..

are you agree?

10. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Sadly he is serious!:patsch

11. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    He says he trains fighters.:think

12. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    That is now the consensus.:good

13. Mr Butt

Mr Butt Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 16, 2009
    So then your just having a laugh

14. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    I don't like picking Frazier vs. skilled punchers that were much bigger than he.

In this case he's facing a guy who was chinny and had some stamina issues later in the fight.

I'd give Frazier an edge because I think if the fight went into the mid or later rounds, he's take it. Early rounds are 50//50 though, and I think this one would be more likely to end early.

15. uncletermite

uncletermite Boxing Addict banned

Aug 2, 2015
    firstly Frazier was NOt faster than Morrison and anyone thinks otherwise I suggest you go to youtube and watch BOTh highlite reels on left hooks/combos and footwork.....Secondly..where does stamina come into play here when Frazier is 5'11 205 pounds who only comes at you?morrsions k.o losses were to tall counter punchers or guys who were getting beat up on the ropes like a Mercer who had an IRON chin,do you really think Frazier would take those punches?:-(

Thirdly ..theres nothing unrealistic about a 6'2 225 pound FAST Hw vs a guy who was almost put out in TWO rounds by a former LHW.

And Fouth....didn't Frazier avoid EVERY big puncher he could?

This is not a mismatch only b/c Morrison could get careless and stamina could come into play,however where is the proff that if he can take Foreman punches for even a round,what will frazier really do to him before he gets clobbered?