Joe Frazier's gym up for sale...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Rui, May 11, 2008.

1. Rui

Rui Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 3, 2008
    http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=3390791

Former heavyweight boxing champ Joe Frazier's landmark gym is up for sale.

The price tag: $2.4 million.

The real estate listing says it's "a chance to own a piece of history."

The gym in North Philadelphia is a former ballroom that is more than a century old. It has trained aspiring boxers for more than 40 years but was shuttered several weeks ago. Frazier spokesman Les Wolff said at the time it was being closed for renovations.

Wolff now says selling the building is only one option. He says Frazier would consider a joint venture with a developer to refurbish the gym.

Pretty unfortunate...

2. Bslice

Bslice Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 11, 2007
    Quick let me get my pocketbook

3. cardstars

cardstars Gamboa is GOD Full Member

Jun 6, 2007
    I have 2.4 mil on me

4. smoochp

smoochp Da flyest1 Full Member

Mar 1, 2008
    Lets go half and influence the world to become boxers and why its better than MMA

5. cuchulain

cuchulain VIP Member Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Why's it being sold?

6. thewoo

thewoo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 3, 2005
    I'll give him 2.3 and not a penny more

7. MGUNZ48

MGUNZ48 MGunz Full Member

Mar 18, 2008
    I'll tell you all a funny story about Joe Frazier and property. A few years back I was stationed in Beaufort SC. As you know is the birthplace of Joe Frazier. While I was there his book came out and he spoke about the plantation that he owned there, just up the road from Beaufort. I looked around on a map and found it. Its name was "Brewton" or something like that. It is one of those old school southern plantations that has a gate by the main road, and a nice tree lined road up to the main house. Well that next Saturday myself and a few guys were riding our Harleys (and drinking a few beers) around Beaufort and we passed by the gate. I said to my friends to come with me, and my intent was to ride up to the house and hopefully catch Joe there and meet him. They were game so we rode up. We pulled our loud ass bikes up to the main house. We didn't see anybody so I went up to the front door. A old white woman looked out the window through the curtains and asked us what we wanted? I said we were Marines, and big fans of Joe Frazier and we just wanted to meet him. She says" Marines huh" I said "Yes ma'am" So she says "Wait a minute he is out back, I will go get him". So I went back to my bike to wait. In about a minute we heard a noise, and around the corner came running full speed at us was about 5 big crazy mutt dogs. They ran right up and tried to bite us! We kicked and yelled and tried to get away from them. Finally we got on our bikes and were trying to ride off, (with the dogs snapping at us all the way) Just then the old lady came out on the porch and yells. "Now get the hell off of my property, and don't come back you Sons of Bitches!! I bought this property off Joe Frazier 20 years ago!! I'll shoot you Jarheads the next time!!" What a ****. Typical Beaufort civilian however. True story.

8. TheGoldenBoy#1

TheGoldenBoy#1 Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    ^^^ hahahahaha. that's crazy.

9. Boom_Boom

Boom_Boom R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12 Full Member

Sep 21, 2006
    Damn, what a *****, hope you guys destroyed something on your way out.

10. MGUNZ48

MGUNZ48 MGunz Full Member

Mar 18, 2008
    To be honest I laughed like a ******, my friends wanted to kick my ass however. One guy got his riding jacket torn from a dog bite.

11. Goose

Goose Russian oligarch Full Member

Mar 2, 2005
    hahaha, thats hilarious man :happy