Joe Gallagher

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by BigCal94, Mar 25, 2017.

1. BigCal94

BigCal94 Member Full Member

Aug 4, 2016
    That corner work at the end of the 9th for the Marcus Morrison fight was beyond terrible!
    Clearly losing the fight and his words were "stick to the jab, you need to win this round"

Why does he panic so much when his fighters are losing! How the hell did that guy win trainer of the year!?
    Callum Smith needs a new trainer before taking Dirrell

impacted and S.K like this.
  2. Octolony shore

Octolony shore Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Angelo Dundee couldn't have helped that kid tonight, he just didn't have any fight in him.

N17 likes this.
  3. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Surely now people who have repeatedly defended joes corner work have to accept the truth. It just keeps happening....

S.K likes this.
  4. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Gallagher's had so many losses recently. Spread himself too thin no doubt.

5. BigCal94

BigCal94 Member Full Member

Aug 4, 2016
    It wasn't that he could have helped, it's how bad his instructions were... There was no urgency and the fight was over anyway after round 7, so why didn't he pull him?
    He's had an absolute stinker of a heart! Expecting another loss later on tonight

6. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Boy got battered. Should have pulled him out at Rd9, unnecessary prolonged beating when he clearly didn't have the power to stop his opponent.

7. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Hes just awful at coming up with a gameplan and adjusting when needed.

DannyBhoy likes this.
  8. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Must say I am enjoying Bellew and Nelson telling the truth about fights tonight, even though there having a pop at the 'home teams'.

RICKY BALBOA likes this.
  9. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Must say I am enjoying Bellew and Nelson telling the truth about fights tonight, even though there having a pop at the 'home teams'.

S.K likes this.
  10. S.K

S.K Active Member banned Full Member

Jan 7, 2017
    Could not agree more.

He should've pulled his fighter out on numerous occasions too, his fighter wanted no part of the fight from about round 6.

Also agree Callum needs a new trainer, I rate Callum but he won't go anywhere with Joe.

11. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    How many losses now in the last year or so? Every big fight for a start.

12. Gaz8702

Gaz8702 New Member Full Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Seems to panic under pressure and gives his fighter the wrong info. Marcus Morrison needed to be pulled out, joe leaves him in there and tells him in the last round to keep with the jab!! Keep with the jab the kid needed a knock out not a jab ffs. Although I think joe should of pulled mm after 6

S.K likes this.
  13. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    Thought his attempt to pull Crolla out of the fight at the end of the 11th only to change his mind was a sign of muddled thinking too. Crolla was fine for one more round, so he got the first call wrong but once he'd made the decision he needed to stick with it. Just came across as a bit weak...

BaronSamedi likes this.
  14. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Morrison came with a bit of reputation, I don't like writing fighters off but I think there is a very good chance that ruined him, there was so much wrong with his performance tonight and he took a bit of a beating but I will give him credit for seeing it out but I agreed with Bellew when he said he should have been pulled out and saved for another day.

The strange thing is JG was going to pull Crolla out after the 11th tonight.

15. Gaz8702

Gaz8702 New Member Full Member

Jul 26, 2016
    I think he panics under pressure and can't think straight, how many duff things has he said in his Corner over the last year?? Costing his fighters as a result