Joe Joyce - 24 July

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Jun 8, 2021.

1. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Same here.

I like big Joe. Just wish he'd get rid of that numpty Sam Jones.

Journey Man likes this.
  2. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Very annoying guy but i get the impression he is a good manager

3. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Suppose it pays to be a creep these days. Doesn’t even have his managers license does he?

4. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    No idea

He seems to get stuff done for his fighters though

By sheer annoyance id imagine

5. Bongsalito

Bongsalito New Member Full Member

Jan 20, 2021
    I bet on Joyce to beat Dubois, but this time I'm betting on Takam to beat him in an upset. Joyce has heavy hands, a good chin and is willing to trade. That's it. He isn't fighting a 23-year old Frank Warren hypejob who likes to lift weights and is being thrown into the deep end too early in his career, he's fighting a seasoned 40-year old man who's naturally big and bulky. I don't see how Joyce can deal with the type of activity Takam displayed against Chisora. Who's stopped him? A prime Povetkin and a suspect AJ stoppage? There's Chisora too, I suppose, but he's another fighter I rate well ahead of Joyce. If Takam can topple Joyce, rough him up and get him off balance, I can see him sweeping the cards. I need to look at Takam's recent winning streak, but I'm tempted to put some serious money on this

6. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
    I really can't see it.

In heavyweight boxing, there's always a puncher's chance; but Joyce has a granite chin and Takam isn't the biggest puncher.

7. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Sam jones doesn’t come across as the sharpest tool but he’s some what charismatic and does a good job for his fighters. Doesn’t shut up which someone like Joyce needs when not with Hearn and not number 1 heavyweight. As for Takam l, he should stop him. Chisora overhand right is slow and predictable and it did the job so expect Joyce to do the same. That said I am the worst at calling fights so…

nilrem likes this.
  8. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    If anyone can deal with the pace Takam set vs Chisora it's Joyce who doesn't stop throwing himself.

I can't see Takam doing what he did to Chisora and pushing him back and pressing all the time. Joyce is much bigger and has heavier hands than Chisora. Plus unlike vs Chisora, Takam will need to work to get inside unlike Chisora who wants to trade. Joyce's reach will mean Takam can't just walk forward as he'll be taking shots while out of range.

9. Donald Donaldson

Donald Donaldson Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Takam is strong, relatively durable and an experienced respectable opponent but he will ultimately be no match for Joyce at this stage.

Despite always looking good on the scales Takam is actually not a big puncher, he'll will get obliterated by Joyce when he has to come in close to trade and close the gap.

He is short so won't be able to box and move as the height/reach advantage is massively in Joe's favor so his only chance is applying pressure and hoping he lands a big shot early on- that means he will be wide open and will see him get violently knocked out within the first 5-6 rounds.

I would not be surprised if it's actually over earlier though. If Joe is not overly worried by his power (which I believe he won't be) he may just choose to cut the ring off himself and batter Takam from the outset rather than waiting for him to come forward (much like he did to Lenroy Thomas some years back for the commonwealth belt).

kevinreid001 and Gatekeeper like this.
  10. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Takam doesn't beat Joyce. He'll give him a good workout and it should go the distance, but Joyce's relentless workrate will get him over the line.

Wouldnt surprise me if Takam's being lined up for Dubois somewhere down the track.

Terminator likes this.
  11. Terminator

Terminator Active Member Full Member

Dec 9, 2020
    Lets not forget Takam fought sizzora 3 years ago and big josh 4 years ago. Hes no spring chicken at 40 now

Inglis_1 likes this.
  12. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Big Joe weighed in at 263 with Takam at 248

A decent fight to view at last this weekend.

Oneirokritis, Glenn McKrory and aaaaa like this.
  13. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    I am surprised you think that it should go the distance.

Joyce can definitely get him out of there if he wants to, which I am presuming he will (after toying with the plodder for several rounds).

Jurgen likes this.
  14. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Takam is only here for the pay check, Joyce will stop him in 5 rounds

15. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    I say that because Jennings seemed to handle Joyce with relative ease and the fight was a lot closer than the official cards.

Takam is a lot more durable than Jennings.