Joe Joyce next fight

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by pow, Nov 29, 2020.

1. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Beating Dubois has put him right up in the WBO and the next logical fights looking at the rankings would be either Joseph Parker or Andy Ruiz Jr. How does the Jabbernaught get on against these two?

2. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    They seemed to think Usyk could easily be next if AJ vacates. At Joyce’s stage of his career he has to go for that one. Then the winner of Fury vs Joshua.

Reinhardt, Wizbit1013 and Scissors like this.
  3. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    All Depends how long the WBO are willing to give Joshua. I’d like to see Usyk fight Joyce for the WBO if the undisputed fight can’t be made.

Scissors likes this.
  4. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    I would love if it was Usyk next for the WBO title.

Joyce deserves a reward for taking such a risky fight, one everyone wanted to see.

Deserves a title shot.

5. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Joyce jabs the obese Mexicans nut off, becomes the first man to stop joey twelve parker.

Wizbit1013 and Jurgen like this.
  6. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    To be honest I think Ruiz and Parker both best either fighter last night convincingly. Their skill level did not impress me really, and I don’t think the top 5 would lose sleep over that performance from either fighter.

Joyce composure when hit with shots, and his engine (he has 1 gear but it’s a gear that goes for days). That along with his chin means he isn’t easy work for anyone. Hope he gets a title fight now - he deserves it

Reinhardt and Holler like this.
  7. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    I'd like to see Joyce vs Wilder, Joyce would stop inside 3. I can't see Wilder agreeing to the fight though.

8. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    I'd love him to KO Juicy J,

Usyk will box his ears clean off

9. Boxing Gloves

Boxing Gloves Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Nobody in the division has an easy night against Joyce. Outside the top 3 I would give a solid chance of securing the win against anyone.

Wizbit1013 and Mr Icaman like this.
  10. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    My guess is If Fury and AJ fight next. Usyk Will do a deal that allows them to fight and take a pay off to stamp aside providing the vacate immediately after the fight. He then fights Joyce for the world title and winners fight each other.

If Warren doesn’t have a contract with Joyce my guess is he goes to Matchroom to make that fight. Both him and Usyk fight in tick overs in March/April against the likes of Pavel Sour before fighting in a PPV clash in July time a month or so after the AJ Fury fight. With the likes of Chisora as co main to help it sell

Holler likes this.
  11. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Surely someone who has just won the British commonwealth and euro titles deserves a shot at a world title next?

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  12. Felix Sanchez

Felix Sanchez Active Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2006
    If he goes to MR, I wouldn't be surprised at a Chisora match up. Before a top 10 opponent.

A lot will depend on what happens with the WBO.

13. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Depends on Joshua - Fury and then the WBO situation.

Will he take Dubois’ #2 position? If So and AJ vacates then it’s him vs Usyk.

If AJ doesn’t vacate then it’s Joyce vs someone else. Chisora - wouldn’t be surprised at all or there’s Parker. If you’re number 2 it’s a dangerous and unnecessary fight to take on the number 3 so I think the Parker fight is less likely.

Joyce v Usyk or Joyce vs Chisora next I’d imagine.

Wizbit1013 and Holler like this.
  14. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    My guess is Hearn will get the WBO to order AJ to fight Usyk straight after he hopefully beats Pulev.

BT/Frank seem keen to start pushing Joyce now, so I reckon they might be happy to put him on PPV and go after a Parker fight.

15. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Joyce is a free agent now so Matchroom is real possibility. Great move for Joyce is he gets it.