Joe Joyce vs Chisora - Lets get it on!!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Vegan Beast, Jul 26, 2021.

Joe Joyce vs Chisora

1. Joe Joyce - KO/TKO

36 vote(s)
    64.3%
  2. Joe Joyce - Decision

15 vote(s)
    26.8%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Chisora - KO/TKO

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. Chisora - Decision.

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  1. Stiff Jab

Stiff Jab Despiser of Super-Middleweights Full Member

Jan 7, 2019
    Well, being successful on the domestic and "international" level while based in a first-world nation where boxing is a popular sport will do that for you.

BubblesUK likes this.
  2. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    I don’t see Chisora wanting it because he will get steam rolled by the Juggernaut. You notice it’s not a fight Chisora calls for at all.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  3. The Townsend

The Townsend Zeus. Full Member

Mar 21, 2019
    He's always game these days. I generally think he would be game for this fight too.

He loves money now and If the offer is there Im sure he would show up In full glory. Its win win for him.

4. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    I think he can fight Parker again on Sky Sports PPV.

5. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    He thinks he beat Parker and felt he could beat Whyte and Usyk. From sparring when Joyce was an amateur he knows he cannot win this fight. Chisora’s gas tank is not great which is suicidal against Joyce.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  6. kim_jong_un

kim_jong_un Member banned Full Member

Mar 6, 2018
    Chisora knocks him out. Joyce has nothing expect raw physicality. I see people talking about his "subtle footwork" which makes me laugh. It's as basic as it gets. You don't see guys ducking him like is the case with Hrgovic. It's because he and his team aren't calling anyone out, aren't trying to make good fights. He only fights no hopers. He just wants to get his big payday and retire.

7. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Well, but there is huge moment too: to make fights at HW for highly ranked boxers looks that is nightmare.
    Supposed Hunter vs Hrgovic looks that will not happen this year etc.
    Chisora looks that at least doesn't talks long months and doesn't thinks long months after talking before he does boxing in the ring.
    This is what this is here.

8. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Stylistically an easy pairing for Joyce.

It would be fun to watch him beat Chisora. I'm not sure Chisora would be too keen on this one.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  9. BubblesUK

BubblesUK Doesn't buy hypejobs Full Member

May 6, 2021
    This is true, but it negates your earlier suggestion that Ortiz makes sense to fight because of his WBC ranking... Which would leave you choosing between a much bigger payday with Delboy or a fight that raises your rankings with an organisation that seems to let it's champion choose who they fight and don't fight (so ranking there doesn't matter so much) - in a difficulty sense there's not much difference between Ortiz and Chisora IMHO.

Sharing a promoter means you can potentially arrange a voluntary defence much more easily anyway.

I do agree with you, by the way, that Joyce trying to chase Wilder (assuming Fury-Wilder 3 gets delayed much longer) might be the biggest fight he could get...
    And actually I think Wilder would take it, he likes slow fighters with overinflated reputations who are easy to land on, which describes Joyce pretty well - even if Joyce can avoid getting knocked out, Wilders not going to get hit enough to lose to Joyce on points anyway and he's not going to gas so Joyce's good tank is less of a boon.
    As much as I think Wilder is a massively overhyped fighter, Joyce is overhyped too and almost tailor made for Deontay.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  10. BubblesUK

BubblesUK Doesn't buy hypejobs Full Member

May 6, 2021
    All depends how many fights he thinks Fury is going to give him... If Fury would only take a couple of fights and Joyce would give him a bunch more before retiring he may risk it - especially if Joyce was more willing to chase that undisputed bout (I'm not one that thinks Fury didn't want it, but some around here do)

11. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Possibly but neither are with Sky

Parker is promoted by Matchroom and Del will take the biggest offering

12. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    He has 0 interest in getting him the Fury fight

13. BoxerToxer

BoxerToxer Member banned Full Member

Mar 1, 2021
    I'd rather see Joyce vs Hrgovic.

14. rusev

rusev Active Member Full Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Joyce needs to fight somebody from top 10 or a elemenator , Chisora is a high level punching bag , he gains nothing from beating him.

15. senpai

senpai Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2021
    There are so many good fights for Joyce

Joyce vs Hrgovic/Wilder/Pulev/Chisora/Whyte and my favourite to test his chin is Makhmudov