Joe Joyce vs Joseph Parker September 24th

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Scott Cork, Aug 2, 2022.

1. SmackDaBum

SmackDaBum TKO7 banned Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    For Wallin or Parker?

2. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    For Parker,, Parker has already beaten many better in Ruiz, Chisora,, Takam, and Hughie etc.

DramaShow likes this.
  3. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck Boxing aficionado banned Full Member

Nov 4, 2017
    I'd like to see Joyce batter Parker, but I think that Parker may chicken out again.

This content is protected

CST80 and ipitythefool like this.
  4. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Parker will beat Joyce. Is the card a Boxxer event or a BT one?

5. Scott Cork

Scott Cork Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 3, 2021
    Bt

6. ShortRound

ShortRound Active Member banned Full Member

Jun 6, 2022
    Ruiz, Chisora 1 and Hughie were all disputed decisions (MD/SD) and Takam was life and death. None of these performances were as impressive as Wallin's 9-3 loss to No.1 ranked lineal champ Fury, who made Chisora quit and destroyed Whyte (who ducked Wallin) neither of whom could land anything on Fury.

7. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Excellent match up between two iron-jawed gentlemen warriors

8. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Joyce will eventually walk through him

CST80, Wizbit1013 and Col Mortimer like this.
  9. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    I thought Ruiz although a close fight on points the rounds were easy and clear to see score. I had Parker winning 7 rounds to Ruiz 5.

Vs Hughie was one of the worst fights I've ever seen with such little action. That said Parker was only one landing that fight.

Takam life death? Who said that? Parker was never in trouble. I had Parker winning that 8-4.

Chisora, although the fight is disputed I had Parker winning.

I had Wallin losing 8- 4 to Fury although Fury could of lost due to the cut. Wallin has bever beaten anyone of note. Wallin most impressive win is against Brezeale and looked poor in his last fight too.

Whyte didn't duck wallin, he enforced the Fury mandatory, are you implying Fury is easier fight that Wallin?

10. CMCanavessi

CMCanavessi Member Full Member

Aug 1, 2022
    Great fight if this happens. We'll have some nice HW action during ~30 days
    August 20: Hrgovic - Zang
    August 20: Usyk - AJ
    September 4: Ruiz - Ortiz
    September 16: Big Mak - Forrest
    September 24 (?): Joyce - Parker

11. SmackDaBum

SmackDaBum TKO7 banned Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    You think they are better than Wallin?

12. CroBox29

CroBox29 Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2019
    I hope that this fight will happen and that Joyce will beat the unmotivated and greedy Parker, I don't see how Parker can threaten the much stronger and more resilient Joyce who will apparently level him to the ground...

Perkin Warbeck likes this.
  13. ShortRound

ShortRound Active Member banned Full Member

Jun 6, 2022
    I could subjectively disagree with all of that but I'm talking about official results and stats, not individual opinions.

Ruiz, Hughie and Chisora 1 were all MD/SD wins aka disputed. They are all extremely controversial on Eyeonthering. Compubox had Chisora outlanding Parker clearly, the Ruiz and Takam fights were close (Parker had home + A-side advantage) and Parker clearly outlanded Hughie. Parker did not really distinguish himself from these opponents, or even Fa (who Browne recently nuked in 1) and to a lesser extent Cojanu (who Ortiz and Dubois nuked in 2).

Who had Ruiz beaten "of note" before he demolished AJ? His performances against Liakhovich and Kevin Johnson were far less impressive than Wallin's against Breazeale. Who has Takam ever beaten? A mid 40's Tony Thompson by 9-3 decision is his best win. Who has Hughie ever beaten? His best win pre-Parker was an 8-2 over Rudenko.

The criticisms of Wallin relative to this cast of characters are obviously hypocritical.

Had Whyte beaten Wallin without much trouble in October 2021 he could have fought Fury in April 2022, there was no inconsistency. But Whyte was scared of losing despite his institutional advantages, so he ducked Wallin.

On Wallin-Whyte:

Whyte had home advantage, A-side advantage, wanted an activity fight pre-Fury, wanted to build the Fury fight by KO’ing Wallin, wanted to get a symbolic victory over Fury by KO’ing Wallin and didn’t want to lose face, lose a payday or cost his promoter an event by ducking but still ducked Wallin anyway, having initially selected Wallin (over very poor alternatives like a washed up Arreola and glorified journeyman Franklin, which Whyte received backlash for suggesting) partly because of the 6’5, 240 lbs southpaw’s perceived lack of punching power. Whyte, who had never fought a southpaw of any note and only had 6 weeks at most to prepare, got cold feet a month out after watching his conqueror A-side AJ’s 8-4 UD loss to the 6’3, 220 lbs southpaw non-puncher Usyk in Britain.

14. The G-Man

The G-Man Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2020
    2 months later but I will take it.

Book it!

15. Rollin

Rollin Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2021
    We are getting way too many good fights these past two years.