Joe Joyce's chin

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Big Ukrainian, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    B+ the of chin. Joyce can take a punch. His problem is he can't pull the trigger, and is not longer the Juggernaut. He's cautious and slow.

Aint no stoppin likes this.
  2. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    "Joe Joyce is weak in the gut. That's how Jennings surprised him. Hey, you hear me? Go for the stomach. And stay away from his riiiggghhht leg."

That's what Dubois's corner should have been telling him.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  3. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Something to that effect yes

I don't think i saw a decent body shot from DDD tonight

4. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    This. After taking a few hard shots in the early rounds Joyce started slipping and rolling with a lot of the shots.

5. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    He's got a huge square head and is very big boned so he can absorb a lot of punishment, but he's also deceptively good at deflecting shots, and the way he keeps his arms out makes it difficult for fighters to get full torque on their right hands, especially if they have to punch up at him. Same way Foreman was very difficult to hurt. When he takes one clean on the chin though he doesn't even blink. Reminds me of Valuev.

Heisenberg and Aint no stoppin like this.
  6. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Class A whiskers on evidence so far.

7. bowlingkid09

bowlingkid09 Member Full Member

Sep 12, 2015
    You mean the same right hand that landed flush on glass-chinned Szpilika's mandible multiple times with little effect?

8. venbox

venbox Active Member Full Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Unbelievable chin and a brutally strong fighter, too bad he has also one of the slowest hands in the business.

FrankinDallas likes this.
  9. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Joyce's punches are so slow not only can you see them coming you can see Joyce THINKING about throwing a punch.

10. FastSmith7

FastSmith7 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    I think he's the slowest pro boxer in the top 50. Honestly Valuev was visibly quicker.

11. MetalLicker

MetalLicker Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 10, 2011
    That’s why he’s so focused on using the jab. It’s the straightest punch and it doesn’t have to travel a long distance. Makes him look... not slow.

12. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    He's like Juggernaut from the X-Men comics, only if his skull was made out of adamantium.:D

Brighton bomber and destruction like this.
  13. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    He has an A- chin

Frank will be regretting not sitting on the fence now as no way does Joe stay with him after how he acted pre fight.

Joe is off to matchroom for the Usyk fight

14. MetalLicker

MetalLicker Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 10, 2011
    He's got a grade A chin. I've seen him get hit in previous fights and he looks happy to take them. In the Jennings fight, he took a flush combo, laughs and throws his own combo in return. That's who you're up against. A rock of a man who throws volume of punches in return. They may not be powerful, but they will accumulate.

Joyce reminds me of Margarito a bit. Slow fighter with a cinder block for a head and throws a lot of punches. If you can't out-speed him or stop him from coming forward, he's going to put a beating on you.

CST80 likes this.
  15. Gomo

Gomo Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Possibly the best chin in the division. I can only think of him and parker who i would class as granite chins.

Everyone else has been flattened.

Heres a funny thing though, if joyce is so slow why is everyone letting him hit them in the face and getting knocked out