Joe Joyce's power

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Soloman, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Soloman

Soloman Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Couldn't KO Jennings. Didn't bother him one bit. Threw a bunch of arm punches.
    Other times, lesser opposition, he was able to score some pretty good KOs.
    How good is his power? Where does it rank with big punches like Efe, Wilder, Joshua?

2. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Not on Par, needs a mediocre opponent to land flush on. Wilder, AJ and others can deliver more power more efficiently.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  3. MarcelCerdan13

MarcelCerdan13 Member Full Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Jennings said in several post fight interviews that his power is decent but it didn’t stand out at all, he hits like a giant 256 pound man. He’s heavy handed, but you can see everything coming so you’re always braced for his attack. His high KO percentage comes from his ability to pretty much never stop punching, as you fatigue your defense losses and your punch resistance decline. He doesn’t compare to Joshua and Wilder for sure, and I don’t think Ajagba either but his power while seemingly tremendous is more unproven. Joshua’s got his heavy handedness but combines it with speed, and Wilder did more damage to Stiverne with like 10 punches than Joyce did over 6 rounds.

4. GreenLaternSucked

GreenLaternSucked Member banned Full Member

Jul 13, 2019
    Stiverne went the distance with Wilder in their first fight and walked through his power for the mots part. Stiverne was 37 the first Wilder fight. Stiverne had 1 fight after he lost to Wilder the first time and then didn't fight for two years.

In any case none of these younger guys have proven anything with their power. Being able to knock out old men and guys who were hand picked to lose to you only impresses casual fans, and other people who don't know anything about boxing.

5. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    More of a problem landing on someone who can box a bit I'd say. It's one thing having raw power but it's useless if you're too slow/don't have the skill to land on elite opponents.

6. Ilesey

Ilesey ~ Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Some of his arm punching flurries made me lol.

7. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    We all can see he throws arm punches... but why? Surely he can learn a better technique? Or is it simply he's happy to build his game around volume and thudding power?

These are genuine questions because I can't think of a reason he doesn't punch 'correctly' or learn to. I mean, if there's one thing a boxer can do without sparring or even on the pads, it's shadow boxing....

8. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Wilder's right hand was broken that's why he survived the first fight.

Second time round he was blasted out within a round

notjustacasual likes this.
  9. GreenLaternSucked

Jul 13, 2019
    Lol right his hand was broken because Wilder claims it to be broken. You noticed when ever a person walks through his punches and he takes a while stop them he claims to have a broken hand. So my point stands. He landed numerous flush rights against a 37 year old Stiverne and only stopped him the second time because he was 2 years older and rusty.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  10. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Was his balls ok??

11. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sep 27, 2016
    Yes obviously the x-ray which showed the fracture was a mock up by paid doctors who were all in on the campaign to save face for Wilder, for the fact Stiverne was walking through his punches!

Think before you post, you troll alt!

[url]https://www.boxingnews24.com/2015/01/deontay-wilder-suffers-broken-hand-in-win-over-stiverne/[/url]

12. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sep 27, 2016
    You tell me, gayboy!

13. GreenLaternSucked

Jul 13, 2019
    Lol no you should think before you post kid. People break there hands all the time and still get knock outs. Tommy Morrison broke his hand against Joe Hipp and had a broken jaw. He still won by KO. So my point still stands. Stiverne was 37 so he was past his prime when Wilder fought him the first time. He took Wilders best punches. 2 plus years later he was even older and rusty. That is why he was stopped so easy. Go kiss up Deontay Wilder to somebody else.

14. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sep 27, 2016
    Tommy Morrison was on steroids you moron.

This is the last time I will address one of your moronic trolling posts.

15. Roughhouse

Roughhouse Active Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Amazing how a thread about Joe Joyce looking like an "arm puncher" turns into yet another screechfest about how Wilder sucks. Never fails.