Joe Parker ruthlessly calls out Dillian Whyte

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by miniq, Apr 1, 2024.

1. chaunceygardina

chaunceygardina Member Full Member

Sep 3, 2023
    Some hilariously good promotion there, from a real fighter of the modern day. It's not a step down, considering there's not much on the cards immediately for him. The Saudi's would lap this up too, could see it on the upcoming shows

2. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber VIP Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Exactly, I could understand if he was only fighting twice per year but he had 4 fights last year and will probably fight at least 3 times if not more again this year, after two back to back big fights in 3 months why not avenge one of his losses vs Whyte, if anyone deserves an easy fight it's Parker.

After Whyte he can try to avenge another loss vs Joyce if Joyce still wants it and if he someone he beats Joyce which will be a big ask, then he can go for Joshua.

Lecowas, The Cryptkeeper and CST80 like this.
  3. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016

My thoughts exactly! why go backward when you have your career moving forward while Whyte is stuck in the mud.

4. Kiwi_in_America

Kiwi_in_America The Tuaminator Full Member

Oct 19, 2006
    A headbutt lost Parker the first fight with Whyte

This is HW and anything can happen. There is no such thing as an "easy" fight with fighters like these.

FastSmith7 and Inglis_1 like this.
  5. African Cobra

African Cobra The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Sounds like a love song.

6. Brighton bomber

Apr 4, 2005
    Wouldn't you want to avenge a loss? Especially if it pays well which it no doubt will as British fans will fill up an arena for this one for sure.

Also what are his options. Fury, Usyk, Wilder, Zhang, Sanchez, Kabayel, Dubois and Hrgovic are all off the table. So is Anderson as he's likely to be tied up trying to stay out of prison.

Joshua, Joyce, Whyte and Bakole are the only fighters with any name value that could be free. So I think Parkers options are limited. I'd prefer Parker against Joshua or Joyce but Whyte isn't a terrible option given his limited choice.

Mickea4 and Lecowas like this.
  7. Brighton bomber

Apr 4, 2005
    True, Whyte can still bang with that left hook counter and will always be dangerous even now. But if this does happen, I only see a Parker victory, he's so much better now that before, this Parker beats any version of Whyte.

8. Scotty Cork

Scotty Cork Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 12, 2023
    It is

thehook13 likes this.
  9. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016

and if Parker loses he's derailed his career and won't ever get another title shot, I can't imagine any manager would go backward with that fight. Let's see Whyte take on Kabayel, Hrgovic, Zhang and the others then a fight becomes more realistic.

10. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Parker can have whoever he wants. I'm not sure why he'd want Whyte but if that's what he wants he can have it. Assuming Whyte wants it. Phoenix.

thehook13 and Brighton bomber like this.
  11. Brighton bomber

Apr 4, 2005
    I doubt Parker and his team are expecting to lose, why enter into a fight with that kind of mindset? They believe they can win, it will sell in the UK, it reverses a loss on Parkers record. It's a fight that makes sense to me if better options can't be made.

Whyte isn't fighting Kabayel, Hrgovic or Zhang any time soon as they are all linked to other fighters next. Parker isn't going to wait til Whyte proves himself again, if Whyte can even do that.

Only better fights available are Joshua and Joyce. But people on here seem to think Joyce is shot after the Zhang losses, I'm not so sure but between a shot Whyte and a shot Joyce, Whyte is the bigger draw, so that makes more financial sense, though I personally would prefer he fight Joyce. Joshua fight doesn't seem likely but again that's a fight I'd like to see.

As to why a manager would chose to step back down a level, well Parker has had two big fights back to back in 3 months. It's hard for any athlete to keep peaking that often, at some point your performance level drops off, so that's when you pick an easier fight, stay active but also recover a little so when you take another big fight you can peak again. This is pretty common within all sports and why fighters of the past who fought way more often ended up with many more losses.

Mickea4 and The Cryptkeeper like this.
  12. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone banned Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Should handle this version of Whyte with ease.

13. thehook13

thehook13 Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Whyte doesn't have a choice after that...

14. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    I love it when the B side becomes the A side

But but but Whyte sells more lmao

15. Justchris17

Justchris17 Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2016
    To right a wrong. Whyte was playing dirty when they fought and cost him the fight and set his career back some

Kiwi_in_America likes this.