Joe Parker ruthlessly calls out Dillian Whyte

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by miniq, Apr 1, 2024.

1. Kiwi Casual

Kiwi Casual Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2021
    I'd also add that hopefully it stops Eddie Hearn from trying to sell us AJ v Whyte 2.

CST80, Decker and Brighton bomber like this.
  2. Boxing_Fan101

Boxing_Fan101 Undisputed Available bookgoodies.com/a/1068623705 Full Member

Jan 5, 2024
    Parker-Whyte is still a great fight and with the recent level of activity it’s not as if we are stuck waiting six months for another fight we are witnessing great fights almost on a monthly basis

Be interesting to see what Whyte has left in the tank

3. Boxing Gloves

Boxing Gloves Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Brilliant from Parker that, good stuff.

Curtis Lowe and piprules like this.
  4. Decker

Decker Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2007
    That's a good enough reason on its own ! :D

Some good pro & con points made here for a Parker-Whyte rematch. Overall I like this fight for the same reason I like Parker-Joyce.
    I strongly favor Joseph, but it could be competitive, unless Dillian slips to journeyman. Their first fight was controversial and close.

Yes, there's some risk, there always is. However, a loss by JP to any fighter not Fury, Usyk, or AJ, will be more than a minor setback. At 32 not close to career ending either.

5. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    I want to see this rematch but not right now. Let Whyte fight and beat a better class of opponent than Hammer in order to gauge where he's at. Parker's coming off two back to back wins of Wilder and Zhang. It's a mismatch as it stands.

ipitythefool likes this.
  6. elrond_buggard

elrond_buggard Member Full Member

Jul 3, 2021
    I'd think having to look at Fury's face and horrid body every day would be a Clockwork Orange-style conversion therapy to cure gayness.

7. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Book it! And bring the upper-cut.

Brighton bomber likes this.
  8. Kiwi_in_America

Kiwi_in_America The Tuaminator Full Member

Oct 19, 2006
    Still prefer Parker vs AJ

Why is that not getting made?

9. Curtis Lowe

Curtis Lowe Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 19, 2006
    I was very well done. Really liked the lipstick on Dillian's coffee cup.

Boxing Gloves likes this.
  10. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton When you have to shoot, shoot!, don't talk...... Full Member

Dec 24, 2022
    Looks as though Parker's re-lit his fire.

11. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Make sense for both guys.

Whyte - Gets to fight a top 5 ranked fighter coming off two good wins. If Whyte beats Parker it's puts him back in the title shot miz and if not it's a final payout in a big fight before he retires.

Parker - Gets the chances to avenge a loss, and add another big name to his impressive record. As well as another decent pay day you would suspect.

I thought Whyte deservedly won the last fight even if you didn't count the KD that shouldn't of stood. However Parker was growing with confidence and coming on strong at the end of the fight. Whyte by the final round was holding on for dear life as he was gassed out.

After there initial fight I stated I'd favour Parker in a rematch and considering their recent performances I favour Parker even more now.

12. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Gay as hell.

This content is protected

13. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Whyte isn't a good win anymore, honestly never was

14. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Wins over Parker Povetkin, Rivas and Chisora x 2. That's a better record than most in the ring magazine top 10. Certainly better than the overrated hype job Wilder.

15. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Povetkin was shot, had covid, knocked him out in the first fight and retired after the second are you joking Mitch ? Don't even mention Povetkin

Parker lost to Whyte himself and therfor irrelevant if they have a rematch. Chisora has beaten nobody, and has how many losses ?

Nobody mentioned WIlder, but since we're already there, you're kind of a hypocrite. You don't give Fury credit for dealing with Whyte easy, and refuse to give Wilder credit for his wins over Ortiz, yet Ortiz has a better record than Rivas