John Fury accepts challenge from body builder

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Patter983, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    If Big John hit Ronnie Pickering, his chin would hit the floor at high speed and resemble a complex jigsaw puzzle.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  2. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    The thread title should be changed to John Fury doesn't accept challenge from body builder.

3. dreadlockno1

dreadlockno1 Member Full Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Micky Theo has shattered big Johns reputation without even touching his jaw........online at least, which you know the whole travelling community will be reading.

Big John won't be able to escape the Mickey Theo taunts until he steps into the RING.

I agree it can't be in Billy Joes back yard, or in one of John's family members barn's hahaha, who in their right mind would agree to that?

He has to be the firm favourite to win, with a clear height, weight and experience advantage so not sure why he doesn't step up to a fight on neutral grounds with rules....also he is the "best 55-year-old on the planet"

I actually think this whole thing is ridiculous but if your desperate to prove, or at least shout out that your the hardest man in Britain then I guess you have to step up once in a while.

4. alpo1

alpo1 #TeamShanny Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Forget his rep in the traveller community, this duck probably means he can't look his own sons in the eye anymore.

His sons are true fighting men, Big Shane even risked his disability claim to chin Marcellus Wilder in that pre-fight conference.

5. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    I remember after Fury beat Klitschko John Fury went in on Haye, ridiculing his credentials and his reasons for retiring after a shoulder injury

This content is protected

We all thought it was an epic rant at the time but looking back the Hayemaker has got more fighting spirit and embodies the Warrior's Code far more than John who has been brutally exposed as a duffer.

Haye physically destroyed and humiliated Chisora and Don Charles at a press conference when all he had on his side was Adam Booth and Chisora had a full entourage - THAT is the Warrior's Code and that's what a true fighting man does when someone else steps up to him in a confrontation.

Haye also fought Bellew with a severe achilles injury when he could have just quit like most boxers would have and continued to fight on in agony, one-legged - again THAT is what a fighting man does.

We've seen a plethora of rants from John Fury where he has called out an innumerable number of men for fights. We could probably make a solid 20-minute compilation video of the call-outs. But has anyone here actually got any footage of John Fury beating someone in a fight? All we have to go by are his claims, his pitiful Boxrec resume and the articles about his altercation with Oathie Sykes.

Only the biggest Fury nut-hugger here would defend John Fury here. The only logical conclusion to this saga (unless John Fury accepts the fight challenge) is that BIG MICK THEO has terrified John Fury into submission.

caine, DirtyOldTown, Camaris and 6 others like this.
  6. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Brilliant post, you are spot on.

I regularly try and find footage of John Fury fighting, along with Lenny McLeans unlicensed losses, other than Shaw, I can't find anything.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  7. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Chael Sonnen put it well a few weeks ago when he said think back to when you were in school and remember who the hardest guy in the school/year was. Now do you remember him ever having a fight?

The answer for me and most people I’m guessing is no, and the same goes for Fat John.

caine and Patter983 like this.
  8. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    John was absolutely bang on with his points about David Haye, bear in mind that they lost close to a million pounds on that fight (Hennesey Sports and the Fury's), Steve Cunningham recently confirmed this in an interview, who himself was paid £5000 a week to go out and spar in preparation. This was before they were rich and I imagine it was a very stressful time for all concerned, especially Mick who's blood pressure would have shot through the roof. Yes John does rant a lot but it's clear he's ready to back it up, he had to be physically restrained from going at it with Deontay Wilder (the so called hardest puncher on the planet) by multiple members of his entourage and only left the scene after Tyson had a word with him. With regards to John's boxing resume, he also confirmed that he took the Akinwande fight at a weeks notice and turned up after a full days work and fry up. He said that he desperately needed the money at the time (£300) to pay a shopping bill. Lets put this in perspective, this was not just anybody, this was Henry ****ing Akinwande the 6'7 British Nigerian giant who was knocking peoples heads clean off for fun. It's absolutely pathetic to suggest that Big John would be scared of a no name body builder with no fighting pedigree whatsoever. I would have thought it's fairly obvious that Mickey Theo is just using the Fury name to boost his own profile, John has absolutely nothing to gain from rising to Theo's bait or giving him any sort of payday or publicity, his altercation with poor Oathie Sykes should stand as stark reminder that you do not want to poke this bear to long. John caught up with poor Oathie after a long running feud and wasted no time in going about his business despite the large crowd (it was a car auction), unfortunately I can only see the same fate for foolish Mickey as it is clear that John doesn't forget and is more than happy to bide his time while smugly grinning at the haters. Lets look at these video's below for evidence and comparison, we have Mickey sparring like a complete amateur against an opponent who is in the same physical condition as John's heavy bag yet we can see Big John has power and variety in his work and there is no way on earth Micky survives a Big John onslaught in a boxing ring. I want to see this comedy match up as much as anyone else but do not believe for one second that John is 'scared' of Mickey Theo or anybody else for that matter.

moog and velagod like this.
  9. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Turned up after a full day's work - Fighting Man

And a fry up - Absolute idiot!

Oneirokritis and pow like this.
  10. alpo1

alpo1 #TeamShanny Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Eyeballs don't punch back

11. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    They can’t hit what they can’t see...

12. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Haha. Brilliant post. He was spot on about Haye conning the public for a payday though ha.

Oneirokritis and moog like this.
  13. Joe.Boxer

Joe.Boxer Chinchecker Full Member

Jan 8, 2011
    "Pickerwin" has already been decked by some nobody. Useless fat old loud mouth.

Even matchup come to think of it.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  14. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Neither do heavy bags.

EJC83 and Heisenberg like this.
  15. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Desperate man.

Check out the carefully placed in shot and freshly pumped for the occasion roidcep.

Jurgen likes this.