John McCallum

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by DavidJames, Jun 6, 2017.

1. billy nelson

billy nelson the fighting scots gym Full Member

Jan 9, 2009
    your the bum

2. billy nelson

Jan 9, 2009
    i know a damm site more about boxing than you, keyboard boy, guy like ruin the fun folk have coming on here with all you negative comment on everything, you must hate boxing, were you the last wee guy to get picked at the gym at school to play in a team lol

3. B.A.S.

B.A.S. Active Member Full Member

Feb 24, 2012
    That is true mate, launched his gloves off and stormed out.

Have you heard the one about him in the Wild Card with Kid Chocolate?

Kid Chocolate was in sparring with McCallum watching on. After the bell went, McCallum put his gumshield in and jumped in the ring with Quillan... not for sparring though! He put his arm around him and asked for a photo, then took his gumshield out and jumped out the ring. Put the photo up on facebook, "sparring with Kid Cholocate in the famous Wild Card". Lol.

Walter Mitty doesn't come close to this guy.

almoran likes this.
  4. GencoA

GencoA Member Full Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Am actually a very positive person but also a realist. Someone's nationality means nothing to me in sport,I like to see the good guys do well regardless where they are from, not hype jobs.

5. GencoA

Mar 31, 2016
    Billy you apparently know more about boxing than me or anybody that has ever bore witness to the sport. You are a thoroughly dislikable, arrogant bully who cannot take any form of criticism or difference in opinion.

Understand this, in the public forum people actually are entitled to an opinion. should we just blow smoke up everyone's Arse under the pretence everyone is Muhammad Ali? That not the real works am afraid mate.

Last picked in the team lol? Could be worse I could bash up women eh mate.

6. B.A.S.

B.A.S. Active Member Full Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Not being funny mate, but what boxers do you like? All I think I've ever seen of you on this and on Twitter when you were arguing with Alex Arthur lol is negativity.

You must go along to all these MTK shows to support someone/local boxing in general.

7. GencoA

Mar 31, 2016
    I work away a lot mate but when I am home I always try to take in a local show if ones running to put something back into the sport and help pay someone's wage at the end of the night.

In doing this I feel you are also entitled to offer your thoughts on fighters, this is a democracy we live in not Cold War Russia under the kgb lol.

8. billy nelson

Jan 9, 2009
    well you can be a guest of mine at this show and you will see why I think tommy is a fine fighter, nobody said he's top drawer but he is a fine fighter

9. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    How does the sparring go Billy between Brophy and Tommy?

Obviously Brophy has a lot more pro experience but Tommy had around a 100 amateur fights. Talent wise I know he is an all rounder.

10. billy nelson

Jan 9, 2009
    Brophy has had loads of quality sparring all round the UK and is a full time fighter, Tommy does really well, I'd like to get him a good sponsor to go full time what a difference that would make

11. DJN16

Sep 15, 2013
    Yeah that would make a huge difference if he could get sponsored. Good luck in your efforts to finding a sponsor.

I noticed earlier you said Brophy is world top 10? That is a big shout Billy. You must rate him highly. I know he is a very dedicated professional.

12. billy nelson

Jan 9, 2009
    im sure he in one of the organisations top 10, remember he ko'd a guy 22-0 ranked number 5 in his last fight, bid statement, he's doing well and hope it continues

13. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I can't say I have seen much of Tommy so far but I really like the way he he stopped the guy in his last fight. Yes the opponent was not great but Tommy is at an early stage of his career and these shows do not bring in enough revenue to get top opponents. What I liked most about the stoppage was how he picked his shots, moved from body to head really well and was very precise and spiteful with what he throw. He certainly wasn't throwing bombs without thinking about it that's for sure.

14. DJN16

Sep 15, 2013
    Yeah that was a huge win for Brophy. I hope he continues to do well.

Just one last question? Is Tommy still connected with Lochend and Terry McCormack? Or with you full time?

15. billy nelson

Jan 9, 2009
    hes with us now full time,I'm awaiting an African getting his visa granted who will be trained by me, 6"7" heavyweight this guy has it