John Ruiz has better heavyweight resume than Usyk

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Fracture10, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Bigcheese

Bigcheese Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 7, 2015
    They could, if the OP said Ruiz had better wins at heavyweight, but he said resume. Regardless of heavyweight wins I'm pretty sure most people know Usyk is 10x the fighter John Ruiz was.

2. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    Troll account.

fencik45 likes this.
  3. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Let's look at this issue from a different perspective:

Who would you rather see in a boxing match, John Ruiz or Usyk?

I thought so....

4. Pepsi Dioxide

Pepsi Dioxide Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 22, 2020
    I'd rather see a boxing ring with no one it for 12 rounds than live through the Ruiz reigns again minus when he was getting beat by Jones and Toney. I have a grudging respect for Ruiz but anyone who didn't live through his reign will never know the frustrations his fights brought

5. Dynamicpuncher

Dynamicpuncher Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 14, 2022
    Well yeah that's plainly obvious Usyk fought at Cruiserweight for most of his career, and has only fought a handful of fights at Heavyweight so far.

You can't really compare resumes of someone who fought at Heavyweight for almost 2 decades with 55 fights, compared to someone who's only had 4 fights at Heavyweight.

What's purpose of this thread ? I don't really get it.

PS the Golota fight is widely considered a robbery.

Mickea4 and fencik45 like this.
  6. columbo

columbo Member Full Member

Apr 21, 2023
    if we are going to compare the two, we should compare the first four fights at heavyweight for each fighter to make it fair.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  7. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    How is that fair? Ruiz started off his career at heavyweight. Usyk moved up once he became an undisputed champion and cemented himself on everyone's P4P lists.
    There simply is no fair comparisons to be made.

columbo likes this.
  8. columbo

columbo Member Full Member

Apr 21, 2023
    that's a good point.
    we won't be able to compare the two until usyk hangs up his gloves. usyk already is a unified champion. i don't think ruiz unified titles.

Badbot likes this.
  9. spravedlivylev

spravedlivylev Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 17, 2022
    I didn't see Ruiz becoming the unified champion of the division.

What a silly thread.

catchwtboxing and Jackman65 like this.
  10. ad4m88

ad4m88 Active Member Full Member

May 7, 2016
    Joshua Beats everyone you named at the stage Ruiz fought them Ruiz is legitimately one of the worst title holders in the heavyweight Division

11. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    This is another troll thread. Ruiz was a C grade HW, a placeholder. Usyk would carve up any version of this clown. AJ beats him on his best day. Ruiz was a nice guy but levels below Usyk.

catchwtboxing likes this.
  12. Zakman

Zakman ESB's Chinchecker Full Member

Apr 16, 2005
    There is no comparison. While Usyk is a top level practitioner of the Sweet Science, Ruiz is just the opposite.

Ruiz was terrible. In fact, worse than that. Not only did he have all the ability of high grade clubfighter, but he used his connections with Don King to get title shot after undeserved title shot, and a free pass for his illegal holding tactics and other shenanigans that should have gotten him disqualified in virtually every fight against decent fighters. He "won" by breaking the RULES against excessive holding.

Not only this, in several fights by blatantly overacting to draw bogus low blow calls to get crucial point deductions (Thunder, Holyfield II) or a bogus DQ (Johnson). His entire career against world class opposition is utterly fraudulent.

And, then, the gift decisions, the worst of which being the Golota fight. Golota should have won that fight, it's one of the worst robberies of the period. Golota outlanded Ruiz, had him on the canvas twice and there was actually a (RARE) point deduction for one of Ruiz's illegal moves. Yet somehow "all the King's judges" gave the nod to Ruiz. Shameful. And yet another example of how a powerful promoter took a mediocre regional fighter and made him an (undeserving) beltholder

Ruiz is exhibit A of how corruption damages boxing, elevating a talentless hack to levels his ability never merited. Without Don King, he's a regional beltholder, at best.

13. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Of course Usyk's resume at heavyweight in wafer thin. Long distinguished amateur career winning everything, tore through and unified the entire cruiserweight division in double quick time. Moves up to heavyweight at the beginning of a worldwide pandemic already well into his 30's. If he retires with world titles fights/wins AJ x2, Dubois and Fury. I think he'll have done all he could in the time possible.

14. fencik45

fencik45 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2022
    The Golota fight should be in the dictionary under robbery.

Dynamicpuncher likes this.
  15. ikrasevic

ikrasevic For the honorable cross and the golden freedom Full Member

Nov 3, 2021
    It's simple. Usyk is ATG; Ruiz didn't.

fencik45 likes this.