John Ryder on a flight to Dallas as Sanders backup

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by uranage, May 4, 2021.

1. MagicE

MagicE Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 16, 2017
    The point I was making is that there isn't some mythical quality to them, but they come from poverty usually and scared liberal types like to put everyone neatly in their category.

2. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    ive said it before, until they get their own gypsy games, like our rednecks got, theyre small potatos playing in a large field.

gogeta and Cally like this.
  3. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    and of course im the liberal all scared and putting people in their place, right? thats what feels warm right now, right?

4. MagicE

Aug 16, 2017
    Honestly chill out a bit I am not trying to dig you out.
    Someone asked what the deal is with gypsies as they were not from UK.
    I'm just saying this- gypsies stick together and have a reputation for being tough.

5. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    same can be said of my local gang bangers, whats your point.

6. MagicE

Aug 16, 2017
    Yes exactly.

The point is that there's no mystical super power in answer to the original question.

I'm not sure what time it is where you are but have a wank or workout or something and relieve some of that tension

7. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    so you interjected yourself in the debate, to call me a nuthugger, then agree to what i was initially pointing out? remarkable.

8. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    He has slightly more of a chance of winning than BJS in my view because he comes to fight and comes to win.

It would also be a more exciting fight because Ryder is a come forward pressure fighter, and would be meeting Canelo in the middle. As Canelo also likes to control the centre of the ring.

We know that BJS is just going to run and hope to pot shot himself to a UD which isn’t a viable strategy against Canelo, because you are getting nothing from the judges.

Ryder will be going into the ring to hurt Canelo and get a stoppage.

Brixton Bomber and FrankinDallas like this.
  9. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Hopefully they scrounge up some local guy to throw in there with The Gorilla. I'd hate to see him waste his time and effort for nothing..

MagicE and Wizbit1013 like this.
  10. sasto

sasto Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    Yeah is Ryder still on the plane or what?

Will Canelo give him spending money?

Give him tickets to the fight at least!

11. ARMAGEDDON

ARMAGEDDON Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2015
    Lol level playing field 24 foot ring but most fight are 20 how is that level?

Trafford and gogeta like this.
  12. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Are you having a laugh. The rings in the UK that BJS has fought in all his life have to be between 16-20 foot. All of a sudden he wants a 24 foot ring.
    Canelo originally wanted 16 foot as preference but was happy at 18 foot which is standard in most US fights. AJ vs Ruiz 1 for instance.

BJS agreed to come down from 24 to 22 foot again which he’s never actually fought in. Amd said we’ve done our negotiating it’s that or we go home.

Canelo has gone up further from 18 to 20 foot which is a very fair compromise and for arguments sake is the same size as AJ vs Ruiz 2 which everyone moaned about being too big.

And I’m a BJS fan but this seems so stupid. People are missing the point here in my opinion. The team have already said they plan on a matador versus the bull strategy.

this whole fight week is about getting Canelo emotional which has started to show through yesterday. Will be interesting to see if strategy works.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  13. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    i think its working. they asked reynoso about the fight and he said he never likes to say they are going to ko an opponent, but that yeah, canelo was definitely going to ko saunders. so the strategy is working i guess, on the handler at least, cause hes gonna send canelo out to **** billy boy.

MagicE and Trafford like this.
  14. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    There's no indication that Canelo wanted a 16 foot ring or requested a 16 foot ring. There's no indication that Canelo wanted a 18 foot ring or requested a 18 foot ring. The standard ring is 20 x 20, what was what the ring was going to be.

All this about suddenly wanting a larger ring has come from Billy Joe Saunders and his Team. So this isn't a case of Canelo or his team trying to surprise them by making makng the ring smaller than what they were expecting, that's just baloney coming from Team Saunders. Canelo was preparing to fight in the standard size ring. It's Billy and his Daddy that was looking to create some fight week drama and try to make last minute demands in an effort to give Saunders an advantage on the night because he's obviously terrified of stepping into the ring with Canelo and feels like they need all the advantages they can get.

That's all this is people. Billy's Daddy being very concerned about what's going to happen to his son on Saturday and in a moment of desperation decided to plead to Canelo to increase the size of the ring so Billy has more room to run so he doesn't get hurt. Lets just call this what it is - an incredibly cowardly and embarrasing act by Team Saunders to plead for a bigger ring at the last minute and threaten to pull out of the fight.

All this spin to make it seem like it's Canelo who wanted a smaller ring or that it's OK for Billy and his Dad to cry about ring size during fight week is a riot. This is a very concerned Team Saunders looking for any advantage they can get because they know they need it.

Brixton Bomber and Trafford like this.
  15. MagicE

Aug 16, 2017
    You're confusing the two different threads