Johnny Tapia v Khaosai Galaxy

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Seamus, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Seamus

Seamus Proud Kulak Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Great 115 match-up. Johnny was a hell of a boxer but loved to mix it up. Would this be his fatal step in this match? What about Tapia's record against southpaws? Could Galaxy track him down if Johnny got on his bicycle?

Thoughts, please.

2. LittleRed

LittleRed Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Hmmm. I think that Tapias chin and workrate, when focused would slow him to take this but I'm an unabashed fanboy. I remember Tapia beating some southpaws but none too memorable. As hard as Khaosai hit he was rather basic- destruct and destroy a poet might have said-and I think Tapia was both elusive enough and tough enough to avoid being worn down.

3. Mr Butt

Mr Butt Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 16, 2009
    I am a fan of galaxy i love the way he just keeps stalking his prey I call him the Michael Myers ( Halloween )of the boxing world . Although a fan the nickname also reveals galaxy's weakness he is for me a fighter who likes to fight at one pace . Saying that tapia could box beautifully and would in all probability build a big lead through the early and middle rounds but I see tapia building that lead and perhaps getting to confident getting hurt in a flat footed exchange he allows himself to initiate . After this tapia's pride may lead him to defeat

4. PhillyPhan69

PhillyPhan69 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 20, 2006
  5. Xplosive

Xplosive Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 23, 2008
    I think Khaosai was a lot better than he often gets credit for, whereas Tapia wasn't as good as he's often advertised.

I think Galaxy would give Johnny a beating down the stretch.

Momus, Saad54 and PhillyPhan69 like this.
  6. Rope-a-Dope

Rope-a-Dope Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 20, 2015
    I could imagine Tapia fighting a perfect fight and getting a decision...or maybe winning by a stoppage on cuts. But I feel like it's more likely that Khaosai's relentless style eventually finds his victim and brutalizes Tapia in the later rounds.

Xplosive likes this.
  7. Russell

Russell VIP Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2007
    This content is protected

This content is protected

PhillyPhan69 likes this.
  8. Saad54

Saad54 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Galaxy stronger and more powerful. Tapia faster and extremely durable.

Great matchup.

Probably Galaxy by decision.

PhillyPhan69 likes this.
  9. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Galaxy wears down Tapia with non stop pressure to a decision win. Tapia at his best weight was tough and fast but too prone to want to dish it out and Galaxy is the wrong guy to slug with. He'll be outgunned.

10. roughdiamond

roughdiamond Ridin' the rails... Full Member

Jul 25, 2015
    I used to think Tapia would take the decision, though I appreciate Khaosai alot more now (though he's still overrated).

I'm thinking Galaxy by... Decision!

11. ray fritz

ray fritz Active Member Full Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Galaxy hahaha ,Michael MYERS that a good one,hahaha,but really true