Jokers Training Log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by thejokerswild, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Opened this up on the advice of another poster. It looks to be a great idea, although I'm never good at keeping a log. Hopefully this being interactive, it could prove to be more useful/motivational than my regular notebook(s)... :yep

Todays session will be posted later on tonight. :good

2. sam1222

sam1222 **** You. Full Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Nice one lad, think this could be good for you :good

Plus i'll keep an eye on it and slag you off if you start slacking :D

Are you training for anything specific by the way? or just to stay in shape?

3. Cheers Sam, I'd put your ideas/criticism to practice. aswell as other experienced persons elses for that matter.

I am preparing for boxing again by doing a 3 mile course for the past 3 monthes. I have taken my time from 35+ minutes to 22.5.
    Circumstances had me put my fighting on hold last year after 10 monthes training. I've been back in the gym a couple times since for sparring but have decided I want to restart fighting prepared to go 3-4 rounds minimal cardio fatigue. That would put me at a huge advantage against opposition as well because many amatuers i've met here don't train their cardio much.

I didn't record the day before last but this is yesterdays modest workout. I'm going to use the log to develop a workout plan as opposed to having a mental idea of what i want to do. (bad habit IMO)

-------------------------------------
    Woke up went for a surf for approx 1 Hr - choppy conditions

4x4 rounds Shadow box

2 x 1 mile jog to park

Mucked around with the soccer ball for 40 minutes wanted to pay attention to my balance.

1 minute exercises to failure x 1:

Pushups - 75
    Situps - Lost count but around the 90-100 mark (edit- no where near 100, i recounted)
    Bodyweight Squats - 40

4x 100m sprints - No times taken but done well

I jumped over a rail x 10

---------------------------------

Not really much to work off

4. Abs.

3 x 50 sit ups
    3 x 50 reverse crunch
    3 x 50 oblique crunch
    3 x 15 supermans
    2 x 25 good mornings
    2 x 40 push ups
    1 x 30 push ups
    3 x 40 assisted dips (i had no access to dip bar :lol:)

5. Sprints - Starting out sprint sessions

3 x 3 Shadow box

2 x 1 Mile run to park

6 x 100m untimed. Medium high - high effort

2 x 200m untimed. Medium - Medium High effort

2 x 5 minute skip doing tricky **** rather than stamina. at this point i was BUGGERED. :)

Inclusion- 1 mile run back from park was at 95-100% effort. It was an intense come down after that but my body will learn.

*body is ****ed from this. recoverys a ******

6. 1 x 3 Mile Run Untimed.

2 x 4 minute shadow box. (put 2 4ish minute songs on and punched it out)

7. Had an hr and half in the beach. no surf board but a lot of swimming.

Then spent 1 hr and a half at the park with a soccer ball. A lot of dashes and high pace running but used it mainly for balance and agility. Had a good stretching session after aswell.

Then came a severe asthma attack . I havent had one in 3 years so it was a truly terrifying experience. No asthma medication on standby therefore had to tough it out by taking mini breaths through my nose while immobile. this had to of lasted over an hr and recovering through to 2 hrs later where a decent airflow eventually returned.

I'm kind of worried about triggering something like that again. I became drowsy and oxygen deprived. I had to talk a person out of calling 000.

Notes- Need to identify trigger asap. Via back tracking of events and thoughts. Buy asthma medication tomorrow and keep it on standby always. Also don't trust by standers to have a clue, as they can see you trying to function without oxygen as entertainment.

8. sam1222

Mar 1, 2009
    **** me mate that didn't sound like much fun! it could be the sprints that triggered it maybe? the high intensity of the sprints as opposed to pacing yourself on a longer run could have set it off, i notice you've been doing a fair bit of them.

9. Who knows? Maybe I won't have another one 2 years?

I basically had to remain calm and seated with next to no breathing. I forgot how nasty those were

Back to training tomorrow.

10. 3 x 50 sit ups
    3 x 50 reverse crunch
    3 x 50 oblique crunch
    3 x 15 supermans
    2 x 25 good mornings
    2 x 40 push ups
    1 x 30 push ups
    3 x 40 assisted dips

This is a good workout.

11. sam1222

Mar 1, 2009
    Was that the warm up? :D

12. Get ... outta here mate! :lol:

There is definitely more work to be done though.... :think... I think I need a new abs regime. I'm just lazy I think.

For the record, I got my hands on these training regimes of SAS selection preperations, Seals and other (Elite)Special Forces and your logs(crazy *******) are not far off what these guys do. Wherever you get the fortitude and resolve to do this work day in day out is still beyond me.

Note- I can post these for persons interested

13. sam1222

Mar 1, 2009
    :lol:

You tried any of my stuff yet? I find using a short length of rope for chin ups and leg raises/knee's to chest are great for abs. just follow it with a few sets of other ab exercises (any) to finish off.

Yeah put them up mate please, sounds interesting :good I'm getting a bit bored with the tabata stuff now, just using it on weight days or to supplement squats, burpees and press ups. a good tip is to not let your body get used to a set routine, or you'll find your gains/improvement slowing up.

A lot of its in the mind tho. in some ways its harder to maintain a good level of fitness than it is to get there, you've just got to push your body hard every workout. probably why i'm sick a lot at the end of my workouts :D

Plus i ****ing love it! :good

14. Drunkenboxer

Drunkenboxer Least Eligible Bachelor Full Member

May 12, 2006
    If you could, mate, that would be awesome. I'm gonna look to incorporate some calisthenics when I've shorn the spare tyre a little. Also, what are "Good Mornings"? Thanks. :thumbsup

15. AH fkn browser crashed and have to write it again.

1 x 3 Mile Run. Went very well I feel like I'm drugs.

3 x 3 Shadow Boxing

Contemplating another 3 miler to try and top it. If not I'll add more stuff later.

2 x 1.5 kilometres Run at maximum effort (maximum without the assistance of a rottweiler chasing me)

3 x 10 pull ups

3 x 20 push ups
    ------------------

DP - Good Mornings are a Bowing movement or 'Touch your Toes'. They are used for Injury Prevention and Core Stability. I do mine with something with a bit of weight.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUpOZnhS4FI[/ame]

Sam - Na mate, not yet. I havent mustered the time or will to try it. I need to find a nice place to do pullups, the gym is too crowded. ($25 Memberships you see)

I noticed on these SF workouts that Sams workouts seem more intense. These guys are focused on endurance on top of regular military duties and lifestyle.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kocykdxz5ld/Special_forces_selection_program.pdf

http://www.mediafire.com/?mcnmqz5jmja

http://www.mediafire.com/?bw1bczldpdg

http://www.mediafire.com/?n1vhjobo8du Seals 1

http://www.mediafire.com/?3xu3ytuw0hl Seals 2