Jokers Training Log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by thejokerswild, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Drunkenboxer

Drunkenboxer Least Eligible Bachelor Full Member

May 12, 2006
    Ay Joker, how goes the training, mate?

2. DB. Not that bad mate. I've been consistantly working out each week day(even if it is minimal effort some days). Since my last post here I've been doing a mix of abs and pushup routine along with normal 3 mile or hill runs.

As of mid last week I've started working a new routine at an oval around the corner.

Medium to Full exertion runs between 2 poles spaced approx 250m apart.

5 revolutions to and from the poles

Complete a set of 20-30 reps calisthetic exercises on reaching each pole.

So far it works out to be 10 X 250 m and 10 X 20-30 reps of whatever I'm doing.

Currently aiming for better performance on the calisthetics but judging from the soreness next day, I'm expecting good results from such a simple routine.

3. Still going, although couldn't be arsed posting it here.

I've been focusing on lung capacity and anaerobic threshold in 200m sprints. Getting a LOT better at it and am just generally pleased with the benefits reaped from this workout. Makes you feel like a real athlete.

Also doing coastal hill runs, couldn't give you a distance but probably around 5 miles. Ofcourse with breaks and stoppages (**** it, better than not trying at all).

Occasionally do my 3 mile track.

Been shadow boxing drills every second day with rubber bands. Certainly recommend everyone do this, rips your shoulders to shreds but can feel strong improvements.

Been walking long distance with a pack aswell as on beach due to upcoming hike. Can't wait for that.

Also today Im cashing in 200$ atheletes foot coupon and getting me a pair of fitted runners. STOKED!

jw.

4. Got the running shoe fitted, was a process i was impressed with (although lack of shoe variety pissed me off) and took them out for a few spins.

Absolutely happy with the fitting and look of the shoe (mizuno wave nexus 4 in orange) but having 1 issue with it.

Too much midsole support, I feel like these are baby training shoes or something if you know what i mean. I look like one of those yuppy fashionable runners and not liking it much. I havent tried hard runs or sprints yet but I'm hoping i get used to it being these expensive pair of Mizunos!!

/winge

Good news is that the lady at athletes foot told me i have perfectly normal contact with the ground and my step on the pressure pad shoe showed I have a perfect neutral line of weight distribution down my foot.

Other than test jogs, training has been post poned because am operating on 3 hrs sleep. (4 hours night before too)

5. dfh85

dfh85 Active Member Full Member

Oct 24, 2009
    nice i am looking to invest in some running shoes but right now im saving up for a new headguard so they will have to wait..

how come ur only getting 3 hrs?!

6. Well Mizuno is an up and coming brand around here and I would recommend now having it. They seem to go a little further on quality than other in the same price range from what I saw.

Sleep? Oh I've just had some disturbances with partying in the new year, but i'm not normally the most consistant sleeper in the first place :roll: :good

7. Started a new and more advanced abs routine that include more stabilizer exercises.

Started a Leg Plyometrics regime will post more on these later.

8. First time weighed in 6 monthes. Went from 95kg to 79.4. I knew i lost some mass from running and diet, not that much.

Ran my track in 18 minutes today.

9. Phwoar, did a massive stairs session last night. For a challange went up and down this big staircase 20 times in the middle of a 3 mile run.

Why am i postng this? Legs more specifically my shins are in crazy pain. Think i over did it.

If people new to running are reading this, if you hurt your shins like this ever make you give it a couple days to heal so as to prevent proper shin splints from developing! (done that before)

10. Went for a good swim today in the ocean baths. We're well into autumn/fall here so the water was a cool temperature. Felt good, might try and make it a habit.

Swim was 10 x 50 m

11. Did a medium pace jog to beach 2 x 1.2k.

Ran 2 differant sets of stairs 15 reps each. Focusing on sprinting single steps and bounching on double steps rotating each repetition.

In the morning did a fairly easy elastics routine, all upperbody shoulder exercises.

12. It's friday night and I'm about to do a stairs session. fml

I'll do abs later aswell, lately i've been doing the freddie roach ab workout on youtube. All 3 videos. It's a very good abs workout for core strength and stability.

13. Decided to do 6 miles today, i never really run longish distances but found it quite easy compared to belting out 3 miles.

Going to do abs later, core is feeling good actually.

14. Upped my daily push ups to sets of 50 instead of 30. Feeling somewhat like an athlete pumping those out.

Took a couple runs in my workboots for the hell of it(it was night anyway). Was a great workout.

Decided to cut runs from 3-5 miles down to 2-3 k's and exerting a lot more intensity. Feels excellent compared to gruesome 3 miles.

Upped the exertion in the abs routine aswell as more attention on stabilizing exercises.

15. di tullio

di tullio Guest

sounds good, man. keep it up.