Jon Jones has shown off his new and incredible 240lbs physique ahead of his highly-anticipated HW

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by iloverachel, Dec 8, 2020.

1. iloverachel

iloverachel Member banned Full Member

Jun 12, 2020
    This content is protected

Jones, 33, is eyeing a move to the heavyweight division after relinquishing his UFC light-heavyweight title.

And 'Bones' looks in phenomenal shape - perhaps the biggest he's ever been during his professional MMA career.
    He took to social media to reveal the stunning results from his remarkable body transformation.

The UFC legend posted an image of himself on Instagram, accompanied with the caption: "240lbs never felt so good, should be ready in the next few months #AndTheNew."

This is scary. A possibly juiced up Jones with even more strength and power, and his level of skill and reach. Ready to kill people

2. Deew

Deew Active Member Full Member

May 4, 2009
  3. Samart'sTeep

Samart'sTeep Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2019
    It's hard to know what to expect with Jones at this point. He looked absolutely awful his last two fights, and arguably lost them both. I definitely think he's passed his prime, but the question if he's still elite anymore is still up for debate. He's such a incredible athlete, but I'm not sure his physical frame is suited for heavyweight. Besides, he's abused his body so much through roids, drinking, recreational drugs and just not training properly throughout his career, that it's hard to know if he can come back like he used to. It's easy to get away with that when you're young and a super athlete, but as you get older, those life style choices start to take more and more of a toll and sometimes the damage is too great to reverse.

Guys like Miocic and Ngannou can crack and Jones' biggest hole in his mma skillset has always been his boxing defense. I think if he showed up in form, he could beat Ngannou by taking him down and finishing him with ground and pound or a later submission after exhausting him. But I think Stipe would finish him after a cumulative beating. Stipe might not have the footwork of a prime Gustafsson, but he hits a hell of a lot harder, and I think he's a better mma boxer overall.

Beouche likes this.
  4. Safin

Safin Active Member Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    He's struggling to squat 140kg. Not very good for a professional athlete who has a "sports doctor".

He is a decent cage fighter, though.....

5. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Doesn't look that good.

6. El Gallo Negro

El Gallo Negro Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 8, 2020
    looks like he's got a bit of roid gut going on there

7. outtieDrake

outtieDrake Active Member Full Member

Dec 17, 2009
    He doesn’t look like a natural hw. His frame is small and his head too. These hw always have wide shoulders and big heads.

ForemanJab likes this.
  8. Francis75

Francis75 FAB 4 Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Jon Jones didn't come close to finishing a middleweight journeyman in Anthony Smith a few fights ago so unless Jon has jumped back on the roid train AGAIN then I don't see him being a huge success at heavyweight. I hope USADA is ramping up the random testing with him. I bet he gets done for roids again before his career ends.

9. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
  10. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    If he was roiding at his best weight, no doubt in my mind he's going to be roided up for HW.

11. DONT B SCARED

DONT B SCARED Pimpin Aint Easy Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Jones isn't popular in here but fact is we won't appreciate how much better the true goats of the sport like Jones,Khabib etc are until they are gone.
    Much of the skillset Jones possesses can't be taught and he would easily cut thru that weak heavyweight division like a hot knife thru butter

12. Francis75

Francis75 FAB 4 Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Interesting. Can you clarify which version of Jon Jones you are describing here ? The version on PED's or the lackluster version post USADA without PED's because there is a massive difference between the two.

ForemanJab and Beouche like this.