Jon Jones vs Prime Mike Tyson in MMA fight

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by ForemanJab, Aug 26, 2014.

1. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Gustafsson beat the hell out of Jones...

2. CrossedLine

CrossedLine Active Member Full Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Kid Dynamite wins before the fight starts. Jones has already shown himself a coward outside the ring, complaining to Dana when fighters start ****. Tyson was a master of scaring the other guy before he walks through the ropes, and walking into the cage would be no different. Jones would come in terrified, go to use his reach, Tyson would slip inside, and roar as his gloves soaked with Jones' blood.

3. LightsOutJack

LightsOutJack Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 21, 2014
    By no means am I comparing Prime Tyson so Rampage, but that's essentially how the fight would go...

Tyson would just get picked apart at a distance, Jones would hold and hug for dear life, and it would be boring as **** until Jones got some kind of good position and choked him out or something

But let's be realistic here... He'd get his head knocked off in a boxing match, his twig body gets massacred and broken in half...

4. LightsOutJack

LightsOutJack Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 21, 2014
    I don't know why anyone thinks Jones' elbows would be the defining offensive weapons... It'll be all kicks, man... He's got fast elbows, but if he got that close to Tyson he'd be risking way too much

And of course championship level MMA is all about risking as little as possible, which is why I don't care for it

5. jonze86

jonze86 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2013
    I voted Jones,only because we have seen time after time.you need to have got takedown defence,and skills on the ground.Tyson got none(atleast if we compare to Jones)
    Jones also has mad reach,and is great at controlling the distance and closing it for takedowns and fast.and also have learned to kick and punch.

Tyson of course would have mad advantage standing and when using hands.however using your legs could also cause problems for Tyson.however i think Jones would immediately try to get a takedown,ot would be foolish to stand up even 30seconds.even that could be too long.

And do we consider in this fantasy matchup,that both fighters know before hand eachothers?if so,then Jones got even greater advantage.because Tyson could be wary of takedown(and it tends to mess your standup)still of course Tyson has the advantage.

Jones wins 7-8/10 times.maybe,just based on the all advantages he would have.

We have seen pro boxers having sucess in MMA,also we have seen them owned in the ground badly.

Two totally different sports,both can fight.one is master using their hands.the other okay/good in every area.

But i would definetly pay to see fighter like Tyson or Duran going against MMA elite.however i think there is a reason why these two are different sports

6. jonze86

jonze86 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Boxing match would be cruel.but atleast in MMA the boxer always has punchers chance

7. Jeff3300

Jeff3300 Guest

I love Tyson but I think he would lose to JBJ more than 50% of the time.

I think people are forgetting that a fighter like JBJ has trained with plenty of boxers and would be able to tell very quickly that Mike was a great boxer.

I see it as the hands go up, Tyson comes in swinging but JBJ uses reach to avoid it and realizes "OK, this guy has great striking." and he takes him down then finishes brutally.

Also, in boxing Mike could get away with lunging hooks because if the guy ducked under all he had to worry about was punches, in a fight with JBJ if he lunged with a hook and JBJ ducked he would take him down almost instantly.

8. Hatesrats

Hatesrats "I'm NOT Suprised..." Full Member

Sep 28, 2007
    "Prime" Tiger Woods Vs. Serena Williams in a beach volleyball match go!!!!

9. Azzer85

Azzer85 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Where did you get this crap from? Boxers avoding Thai boxers?

How many people has Jones Ko'ed in the first round via a kick?

And secondly, kicking a guy as fast as Tyson, with his low centre of gravity and tree trunk legs, would be stupid to say nonetheless.

If Tyson could duck under punchers, what makes you think he cant avoid a kick? and if the kick DOES land, what then? Tyson left hooks Jones unconscious.

How many PRIME boxers have crossed over?
    Mayorga - old and shot
    Toney - old and shot
    Mercer - old and shot

All guys who were pretty much irrelevant in their own sport.

Because Tyson is the most well known face on the planet. People like to hear and see Tyson.

I thought that would be plainly obvious?

You got any facts to back that up that Vitali left kickboxing for that reason?

10. Azzer85

Azzer85 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Ducking under a Tyson hook just leaves him open to a) a body shot or b) Tysons uppercut,

In case you didnt know, prime Tyson threw a combination of punches and one of those is going to land.

11. kirkyc

kirkyc New Member Full Member

Jun 7, 2014
    stupid question jones wins by submission or ground and pound. its like asking who would win a one on one tyson or jordan in basketball. put jones in a boxing match and tyson destroys him in 30 seconds

12. Butch Coolidge

Butch Coolidge Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    It would be like the early-early days of the UFC. Tyson is not trained to defend himself vs throws, sweeps, takedowns, muay thai kicks, leg locks, chokeholds, arm bars, knee strikes---unless there's something about Tyson's training and background that the general public doesn't know. Tyson has a chance at 1 punch KO but that's about it. He could hit Jones with a left hook or uppercut to the liver and paralyze Jones then flatweed him but if he fails to do that it becomes Jones' world. Boxers stop fighting in clinches and boxers stop fighting if they're off their feet. There's just too many ways for Jones to win.

13. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Tyson. Mike had zero problems with guys that were Jon's size.

14. ForemanJab

ForemanJab Deus Vult Full Member

May 8, 2014
    Jon is a master at keeping the distance using oblique kicks to the knees and body and with an outstretched arm jabbing his fingers at his opponents eyes. Tyson realistically would have a very hard time getting inside Jon's kicking and punching range.

Even if Tyson manages to get in on him, the second they clinch the fight is basically over.

15. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    I see your points, but Jones has N-E-V-E-R met someone with the speed, timing and power of Mike.

If Rashad can land on him, Mike can shatter his chin.