Jordan gill

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by micker1, May 10, 2019.

1. micker1

micker1 Member Full Member

May 31, 2010
    What a terrible night for him. He was being dropped everytime he was hit to the body. Jordan said after the fight he was poorly. I hope he was poorly but if that is the case he should have pulled out.

Josh Kelly pulled out against avanesyn and got criticised massively but it's a tough sport if you aren't feeling well. Eddie hearn had no sympathy at the end. It's on his record and he needs to come back.

DON1 and N17 like this.
  2. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    For him and Ritson it’s gona be devastating. The similarities are uncanny. Both were progressing well, both headlined shows in their hometown, both touted as the next big thing then both got took out when clear favourites in the very next fight!

I just don’t think they’ve took it seriously. “NextGen” show against a nomark, coming off the back of a good show at home were he’s sold a million tickets. Coldwell was galavanting round Vegas for a week last week! So that tells me the trainer weren’t even taking it serious. What’s more important? Commentary on a fight half way round the world or your fighter fighting a few days later?

Holler, DON1, N17 and 7 others like this.
  3. blueseaofibrox

blueseaofibrox Member Full Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Fair point made about Coldwell there, last three title fights Bellew stopped and dropped, Fowler dropped and beat domestic level , now the same with Gill.
    It appears Coldwell loves the limelight

DON1, N17, im sparticus and 10 others like this.
  4. Judge 1

Judge 1 Member Full Member

Apr 10, 2017
    If Gill was Not fit to fight why didn’t Coldwell pull him out ? It’s all about Coldwell he loves the camera and basically isn’t a great trainer imo but good luck for the future Gill your gonna need it if you plan on staying with Coldwell

DON1, N17, im sparticus and 3 others like this.
  5. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    i had a feeling he'd get a beating, given how he was beaten up so easily the last fight.

N17 likes this.
  6. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Fowler was GB captain and Gill was unbeaten with the Ingles. Coldwell gets high profile fighters due to his bromance with Hearn and gets hailed as a top trainer.
    Bellew and the McDonnell twins got banged out last year to add to these two.
    Hearn will have to match Chisora very carefully.

DON1, N17, velagod and 1 other person like this.
  7. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Don't forget Jamie McDonnell destruction in Japan and he somehow managed to make David Price deteriorate as well - the Cod Piece being found out big time as a shyte trainer.

DON1, Wizbit1013, N17 and 4 others like this.
  8. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    You can’t hide in boxing be it a fighter or a trainer and even manager and promoter and Coldwell in my opinion is in that category in that he gets to a certain level and then see ya later! Never rated him.... Bellew was just a proper fighter with good amateur backing so nothing Caldwell did made him any better. That’s why I go strong on people like Yarde and Tundi cos you can’t hide forever in this sport....yes there’s a learning period in the game but I think after 10 fights you have to fight decent opponents if you really think you’re the deal and then the whole team gets tested not just the fighter and we get to see if the hype is genuine.

9. NasalSpray

NasalSpray Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Anyone think its fishy that he says he got FOOD POISONING the DAY of the fight?

Surely you would be watching very closely whats going into your body the day of a fight when you are rehydrating. I call BS. At least Josh Kelly said it was a virus which is semi believable, can happen any time.

DON1, N17, BigDoofus and 1 other person like this.
  10. BigDoofus

Apr 4, 2016
    But Eddie and Adam Smith thinks he ticks boxes for TV.

N17, lepinthehood and Jurgen like this.
  11. BigDoofus

Apr 4, 2016
    And Coldwell didn't notice. Was he doing interviews or looking in the mirror?
    You can't hide the onset of food poisoning.

Holler, Clarence Gianni, N17 and 2 others like this.
  12. Judge 1

Judge 1 Member Full Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Great post

N17 likes this.
  13. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Think they see him as the UK Pauli Malinaggia with 1% of his boxing knowledge

14. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Never seen any brown stains on the canvas either

15. NasalSpray

NasalSpray Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Only brown stains were from the **** he came out with in the post fight interview

N17, Jurgen and BigDoofus like this.