Jordan gill

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by micker1, May 10, 2019.

1. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    More like he knew Gill was shyte

2. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    All rehearsed acting with Penfold playing his spare part to the letter

3. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Your cruel Jurgen. Ha.

4. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Gill, Wood and Shaffiq were all Ingle fighters and not getting fights.
    All sign for Coldwell and suddenly all are on Sky.
    I smell a rat somewhere. Could it be Penfold??

im sparticus and NasalSpray like this.
  5. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 4, 2018
    So many of Hearn's so-called unstoppable talents are getting exposed. Cheeseman, Fowler, Ritson, Gill etc. If you actually look at this year, from the young talent standpoint Eddie is struggling. Even Fowler lost and he's a proper olympian. Thankfully his crown jewel Buatsi is still intact, but the rest are falling like dominos. The NXTGEN looked so strong at the start of this year and now it looks in tatters.

I'm not buying the 'I was poorly' excuse. If he was a class apart, he'd have beaten his opponent and that's the bottom line. You can have all the stamina in the world, if you don't have the skills, you get beat. And he is just another of the Hearn hype jobs who was 'special' and got whooped by someone who is bang average.

6. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Very rarely is anyone 100% going into a fight. Regis Prograis said recently that he's only about 80% going into most fights, I think it was that figure. We all know that Calzaghe spent the latter years of his career with injuries, David Haye had a bad toe.......

KingKO and Jurgen like this.
  7. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I don’t think Fowler should be wrote off yet. That was a superb fight that was still in the balance in the final round & highlighted another emerging talent in Fitzgerald. I believe Fowler lost that fight not because he lacked in boxing fundamentals but because of his attitude and approach. He seriously believed he couldn’t be hurt...knowing he can be hurt will make him stick to the game plan and be more patient. That’s something he didn’t do...he won the first few rounds but because Fitzgerald had got in his head beforehand, he abandoned the game plan and tried to stop him because it was personal...he lost control of the fight as a result.

I think Fowler and Fitzgerald can go on to do very well in their careers. Unfortunately, Ritson didn’t show much improvement in his fight with Benitez, he still has a lot to do. I’m going off the point. One defeat is not the end of the world for any of these lads.

im sparticus and KingKO like this.
  8. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    To be fair none of them were branded as unstoppable. They were branded as “the Olympians”. Which if you actually looked at it they all done shite bar Buatsi with a bronze. I agree with 20 and don’t write off Fowler yet but didn’t he go out first round?

Eddie signed all the top emerging talent of this generation but the facts are they weren’t very good (in general).

I believe the McCormacks and McGrail have or will sign with matchroom when they turn over, I’d expect he’d get a much better run out of them.

Twentyman and Holler like this.
  9. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Toe also entered the ring twice for PPV pie a full 5 years after career ending injuries including shoulder, achilles but had a fully functioning tongue to sell the fights.

10. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I thought Gill looked good in previous fights, stopping Doyle is a big statement and if it truly was food poisoning then they should really have moved the date last minute but I guess that’s probably not easy to organise and money lost.
    Be very interested to see Gill in against Lowe or Walsh next

If he doesn’t have a rematch or fights a bum next then something isn’t right somewhere

Scissors likes this.
  11. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    It’s funny reading some of the replies when just this weekend Julian Williams completely made a mockery of those who dismiss fighters after one defeat.

For what it’s worth I never rated Gill that highly as he hasn’t got a single notable win under his belt but it’s so foolhardy to write these guys off.

Was a poor excuse from Gill though.

Scissors, im sparticus and Twentyman like this.
  12. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Mad int it...one loss and suddenly a rebuild is required, two losses and your going nowhere and won’t get anywhere near world level.