Jorge Linares v Luke Campbell 23/09/17

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by B.A.S., Jul 28, 2017.

1. Boxtop

Boxtop New Member Full Member

Aug 3, 2017
    We knew Eddie 'the rematch clause ' Hearn has already planned linseed Campbell 2 in hull. The fix is in, Jorge knows the money is in the uk

2. The Devil

The Devil Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Most of the posts in this thread are carbon copies of what was being said prior to Linares/Crolla 1 and 2. "Linares cuts easily", "Mitchell was beating him before the injury", "Crolla/Campbell have the skills the knock him out", "the fix is in", "Hearn has paid the judges off", etc. Then after Linares rinses Campbell people will be saying "Campbell was never that good anyway", "Campbell's overrated", "Hearn keeps sending his fighters to the slaughter", etc.

I have a hard time believing Campbell, who got outboxed and outfought by Mendy, beats a Linares who has looked nothing short of sensational recently. For me, Campbell is all skills, no substance. He just doesn't have the mental fortitude that's needed to cope at the elite level Linares, Garcia and Lomachenko are. I think Linares stops Campbell in the 10th after beating him up for most of the fight.

3. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    He's had and won 5 fights since the Mendy fight having clearly learnt from the defeat. To judge him on that performance from 2 years ago is unfair.

I didn't see hardly anyone saying Crolla was going to win, especially the second fight where almost everyone expected Linares to stop him.

lawslaw likes this.
  4. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Campbell has a chance. Kevin Mitchell almost had Linares out of there and he is garbage compared to Luke now. It will be a very close fight. Linares is world class but he has a strong air of vulnerability about him, as does Luke. It could go either way.

5. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Rooting for Linares, but wouldn't be shocked if Campbell won. The guy does have skill and is a gold medalist after all.

6. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Linares is special and has been fighting top level for a while which is why he will win...

This looks to me like another case of a badly brought along boxer by Hearn/Matchroom...fight a load of bums then a couple of half decent boxers them BOOM in you go with an elite,ive done my job getting you this chance!!!

it will be another Brook v Spence for me

B.A.S. likes this.
  7. lawslaw

lawslaw Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Really hope your wrong fella.....

8. B.A.S.

B.A.S. Active Member Full Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Spot on.

Will be interesting to see where Campbell goes from here if (once) Linares beats him, he's no spring chicken.

9. Boxingjnr

Boxingjnr relentlessjnr Full Member

Jan 5, 2017
    Although I agree that Linares is an elite boxer, I don't agree that this is anything like the Brook/Spence match up.

Spence was a young pretender with huge potential (which he displayed on fight night). Campbell is a top ranked fighter and has to take this chance at 29. Who else does he box??

I think it's a good match up but still think that Linares stops Campbell in the later rounds.....I hope i'm wrong though.

10. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I think it's going to be a great competitive, close fight. Much much closer than the one sided affairs with Crolla. That's all we can ask for really as boxing fans.

Campbell is younger, fresher, skilful with more punch variety, he's a slightly bigger man in height and reach and brings an excellent amateur pedigree to the table too.

Linares is a great fighter but Crolla's style made him look even better. I really do expect a shock.

11. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Spence had been in with good fighters on the way to fighting Brook on the other hand Brook had a lot of lay offs ,a couple of bum fights,a pasting from GGG !!!it was no form to take into an elite fight in the same way Campbell has no decent form against any decent fighters to take into an Elite fight against the likes of Linares....

How he has a decent ranking must be down to Hearn in the same way Paul Smith gets a ranking after beating a top 300 fighter!!

Imo Campbell should have been in much better fights from turning pro,he actually regressed by fighting part time bums that ended up with him getting beat ....that said he has looked a better since he got new trainer and moved up fighting a bit better class but Linares is a million times he has fought!!

If Campbella last 3 fights were something along the lines of wins against Burns,Beltran and Salido then i could give him a chance against Linares,but as it is i think its another Matchroom away day mauling!

12. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    You're right about the momentum, but Brook at least had the Porter win in his bag to show what level he is capable of competing at to be fair.