Jorge Paez vs Kevin Kelley @ Featherweight

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Flo_Raiden, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Surprised this match up hasn’t been brought up. Between these 2 highly entertaining fighters how would you have seen this fight go? Could this have gone similar to Hamed vs Kelley or could Kelley find a way to stop Paez?

This content is protected

This content is protected

George Crowcroft likes this.
  2. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I was thinking about this earlier today. Was gonna write about it in the favourite match-ups thread. I don't know who'd win, and coz I love both of these guys, I'm not massively bothered. What a fight we missed out on. This could've happened, and it would've been such a war. It'd be Ike of those fights where both go down, insane action, lots of drama, and a big KO to finish. I think it'd truly have been one of the greatest fights ever.

Kelley's fights with Gainer, Gonzalez, Dorsey (my fav), Goyo, Rivera and Games were all brilliant. Reckon the Bones Adams fight turned out to be alright as wel; Paez's fights were all wars. You have the two incredible Dorsey fights; the war with Cruz; the come from behind title winning effort, vs Grove (and a fun rematch, as well); the fun fights with Espinoza; a disappointing (IMO) fight with Lopez proceeded an awesome move up to 135, where he got in some excellent fights with the likes of Ruelas, Pendleton and Spann.

Flo_Raiden likes this.