Joseph Obey Joyce vs. Armand Carlos Netsing Takam & Chris Jenkins vs. Ekow Essuman RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Jul 24, 2021.

1. MagicE

MagicE Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 16, 2017
    I think you're the one that needs to "go back to the drawing board" as you had Joyce winning every round!

I gave Joyce 3 and 5, had Takam 3-2 up going into the 6th

Maybe you need a lie down

Toney F*** U and MarkusFlorez99 like this.
  2. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Joe had a point to make tonight, he wanted to get him out quicker than Chisora and AJ, and he did just that. Watch the Dubos fight. He barely landed a glove on him. Ys, Joyce is one of those guys like GGG, he assesses the threat level and if the threat level is high, he fights responsibly, if the threat level is low, he walks through bombs with ease.

sid, Wizbit1013 and mark ant like this.
  3. granth

granth Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 12, 2010
    You're right in that consistency is the problem. Groves vs Froch 1, Groves was in less trouble than Takam and Howard Foster stopped it. Warrington vs Lara, Warrington was staggering around like a drunken mule on ice and Foster didn't stop it.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  4. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    What did you expect lol

5. Sap1en

Sap1en Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 1, 2020
    Josh Taylor really talking sense, good to see.

Toney F*** U, Astaxanthin and caine like this.
  6. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    I thought that previously before the Dubois fight. Joyce’s chin is impenetrable. He arguably has the best punch resistance in boxing. I don’t think it’s a given that Joshua can even knock this colossus down.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  7. Aburius

Aburius Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2017
    Meh, British stoppage; but in the referees defence, Joyces heavy handed arm punching style means he is liable to never land the big knockdown shot and simply pummel you to brain death on your feet instead - not so easy to know where to draw the line.

Keleneki and Brumsongs like this.
  8. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Wlad 41 y/o and hadn't fought in a year and a half
    Povetkin 39 y/o
    Pulev 39 y/o

Takam 40 y/o

mark ant likes this.
  9. Toney F*** U

Toney F*** U Boxing junkie Full Member

Oct 16, 2019
    Exactly the same as my card

MagicE likes this.
  10. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Joshua-Joyce would be so much fun.

11. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Oh look!
    Maybe it's you who needs to take the hate goggles off and lie down.;)

Serge and mark ant like this.
  12. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Takam as always gave a good performance, really tested Joyce's chin. But Joyce lived up to the Juggernaut moniker, he was just unstoppable and kept on coming.

Joyce I think was trying too hard to impress, he took risks and took some shots for it. I get he wanted to make a statement and he did stop him faster than anyone else, it came at a cost.

As for the stoppage, perhaps the ref could of let it go on a bit longer but Takam was clearly hurt and was taking punch after punch and not throwing back and then wobbled again making the ref step in. I've seen far worse stoppages and Takam is an old fighter now and I think we could all see the writing on the wall, he hit Joyce with his best and it wasn't enough and the end was coming.

13. Aint no stoppin

Aint no stoppin Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Certainly not a performance from joyce where joshua will be running scared. Cant miss that big head

Toney F*** U likes this.
  14. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Which he said he was fine with

People getting a semi over Takams overhand right that landed a few times (and not once troubled Joyce) is taking away from every shot Joyce landed

15. Stiff Jab

Stiff Jab Despiser of Super-Middleweights Full Member

Jan 7, 2019
    My thoughts: I had Joyce up. I didn't have him winning every round, but he was definitely up. Also, while the stoppage was premature, anyone saying "British stoppage" needs to GTFO; he wobbled Takam twice and bounced him from one side of the ring to the other for a full minute without throwing anything back. That's grounds for a stoppage in any fight in any situation.

Anyway, Joe Joyce is such an enigma to me: slow of hands, yet accurate with his punches. Slow of feet, but always maneuvers himself and his opponent wherever he wants. Arm punches, yet always hurts his opponents. Passive guard and stationary head, yet either avoids or eats big shots. From the ground up he looks like he shouldn't be a contender, but he may be one of the ten best heavyweights in the world; maybe one of the five best.