Joseph Obey Joyce vs. Armand Carlos Netsing Takam & Chris Jenkins vs. Ekow Essuman RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    If Joyce walked through more than a handful of AJ's right hands I'd be taking bets on whether AJ would suffer a nervous breakdown or a heart attack first

Aint no stoppin, Aburius and CST80 like this.
  2. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    And that's before we even touch on mental fortitude.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  3. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Oh for Christ sakes, you really are a sensitive little ***** aren't you? Pulling the weak ass keyboard warrior line.:lol: Yeah, jackass, we're all keyboard warriors here, that's the point of forums... and you're the one crying and wanting to go postal because I called you a name. Maybe they aren't for you.

I disagree with your assessment of my scorecard. Oh well... too bad, so sad. Who cares. Get over it, move on, and stop badgering me. Because you're really starting to ****ing annoy me.

4. Brumsongs

Brumsongs Member Full Member

May 29, 2021
    Fair enough. I think Joyce is a particular problem for AJ as he's just going to keep going unless he's taken out- which hasn't looked like happening yet. Fury could outpoint him but AJ would need to finish him early I think.

f1ght3rz likes this.
  5. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Joyce is definitely a problem for AJ. AJ is a stiff guy with a very robotic jab. He doesn't see shots coming particularly well and he hates if a guy throws from awkward angles (like Ruiz did in close range). I said it earlier this week: I wouldn't be shocked if Joyce boxes AJs head off. But AJ has different kind of power. And explosiveness. Dubois hits hard but AJ hits harder and is more explosive. I'd pick AJ by KO but i wouldn't be shocked to see Joyce jabbing the **** out of him for 12 rounds and beating him. Joyce is a very, very special fighter at HW because his style is unique. He can adapt well too as we saw in the Dubois fight. I rate Joyce as a Top 10 HW easily right now and considering how much trouble AJ had with Pulev despite dropping him like 100 times i think Joyce can do really well IF he can take the power. But thats a BIG if...

Potato80, Caliboxing and Brumsongs like this.
  6. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Exactly how most of us thought he'd fight him. As the defense second, take one to land 3, relentless Juggernaut. Because he had a point to make. This is not indicative of how he'd fight AJ, the Dubois match is. That being said, what is even more telling, Joshua fought incredibly cautious against Takam, literally taking zero risks, AJ has never been the same since the Wlad match, the Ruiz match only worsened his mental state. If Joyce can start laying hands on AJ, adn take his power when it occasionally lands, the bodybuilder will mentally wilt under the pressure possibly even quicker than Takam did today.

Aint no stoppin and Serge like this.
  7. MagicE

MagicE Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 16, 2017
    I don't give a **** about your scorecard, but your name calling and pseudo intellectual bull**** is wearing thin. You're the one that started throwing insults around.

I'm not a keyboard warrior, I participate on this forum because I like boxing that's all. But you bring a different kind of energy.

The point of forums isn't to slag people off and wind them up for the sake of it, we're here to chat boxing.

As a mod you should conduct yourself better. Stop badgering me

8. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    So let's get this straight

Joyce was robbed of Olympic gold

AJ was gifted a gold and didn't even deserve to medal

Joyce did legitimately stop Takam

AJ needed a ridiculous premature stoppage from his own personal ref to get Takam out of there

Joyce is a genuinely lovely guy, AJ is PR trained fake nice guy

If we're going to discredit Joyce's win because Takam was 40

Then what does that say about AJ's two best wins being over senior citizens who were 41 and 39 respectively, both of whom were beating him on points on most people's cards and Wlad came within a whisker of stopping him and would have had he put his foot on the gas when he had him in dire trouble. Povetkin was giving him hell too and Pulev was also 39.

I give AJ a lot of credit for what he has achieved but truth to power must be spoken and we cannot and will not allow facts to be discarded

Mugen38 and miniq like this.
  9. Aint no stoppin

Aint no stoppin Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Agree fury could dance
    Possible yes. Bigger question is after joyce takes those hard shots how much damage can he do in return before Aj gets on his bike again. If he can catch him inbetween even if its just one punch then aj might have a panic attack. Joyce by far hasnt got the speed of ruiz hands. he would need to be close ALL the time to a moving Aj no breaks

Serge likes this.
  10. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    I agree with you and @The Professor 3-2 in rounds in Joyce’s favour. Which just goes to show that sometimes we can even agree. I think sometimes people don’t see how effective Joe Joyce is because he is not conventionally easy on the eye or pretty to watch. The mistake they make is that he is extremely effective. He can fight at a tempo most heavyweights just cannot. He is real tough and durable and his jab is continuous and persistent. He may not be the fastest but he athletic and is so effective.

Potato80 and CST80 like this.
  11. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    AJ is still being haunted by the morbidly obese ghost of a Mexican Oliver Hardy lookalike. I see the fear in his eyes. I smell it and sense it too. Nothing will empty your energy reserves faster than fear and Joyce has limitless energy reserves.

Caliboxing and Aint no stoppin like this.
  12. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    :lol: So emotional. Don't quote me if you can't take the blowback. What pseudo intellectual bull****? Nothing I've said on this thread even remotely approaches the level of pomposity I'm capable of.:lol:

Also, word of advice. Don't tell me how to conduct myself.

Serge likes this.
  13. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Hey that’s going to far but made me laugh. There are boxing trainers whose opinions I respect that believe Joyce would beat AJ. I am not certain he does but I do know it could be AJ’s toughest fight in fact I think Joyce is a nightmare for everybody the way Kenny Norton was for most but worse because he is more durable.

Serge and Aint no stoppin like this.
  14. MagicE

MagicE Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 16, 2017
    You're a sad individual

Greg Price99 likes this.
  15. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    Folk need to lighten up and not take things so seriously. I see this all as forum banter and we're not soulless automatons. What is life without fun? Laughter? A bit of back and forth? It's death by very slow decay.