Joseph Parker probably beats both Joshua and Wilder

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Unforgiven, Nov 18, 2017.

1. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    The thread starter must have broke into blizzys house and found his pill bottles...

P.S

Give them back too him! :babeando:

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Lennox and Wlad had to get knocked out to get better.
    And they had to employ a top trainer.
    That might happen.
    But neither of them were ever as gung-ho in attitude as AJ seems to be.
    AJ loves the thrill of the battle.

I'm just guessing, of course.
    I think people assume Joshua's just starting out still, when in fact he could be as good as he's ever going to be.
    The future will answer those questions.

lloydturnip likes this.
  3. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    I agree I don't really think AJ is going to get much better....which is still better than either Wilder or Parker.

4. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    HEAVYWEIGHT CHAPEEEEN OF DA WORLD...Nah , not really.
    Beating a string bean like Martin is nothing special & to be the HW champ you SHOULD be special!
    Wilder beating a Flabby fool like Stiverne ...the same just not Special...
    beating a HW Chapeeen who has ruled for a decade ,now that IS special...the indomitable TYSON FURY...he hes NOT been beaten in the ring, he has not lost his title to another fighter...these 2 guys are just looking after it for him...just you watch!

lloydturnip likes this.
  5. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    Don't get me wrong, Joseph Parker is nothing special. He's average. But I think he's more durable than Wilder and Joshua and good enough all-round to beat them. Probably.
    That's the interesting thing. Parker's hype never really picked up and took off. Joshua's is in another stratosphere and Wilder's is getting big now.
    Parker's the dark horse.

radupidu likes this.
  6. bailey

bailey VIP Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    What big world class punchers has Parker fought? Im just when posters feel his chin would stand up to shots from Joshua and Wilder.
    Im not saying he can or cant take their shots, just curious to why his chin is rated so highly?

7. underwraps

underwraps Active Member Full Member

Oct 31, 2017
    Parker deffo takes a better shot than Wilder.If he and AJ fought my only worry for AJ would be his gas tank going late.But I think he would TKO Parker mid rounds.AJ win 70/30
    Parker and Wilder...Wilder has the power to take Parker out.And to be fair most heavies probably have the power to do the same to Wilder.I think Wilder takes Parker by KO.Wildes has a good tank and a huge reach advantage.
    Wilder 80/20.

lloydturnip likes this.
  8. bailey

Dec 11, 2009
    What big world class punchers has Parker fought? Im just when posters feel his chin would stand up to shots from Joshua and Wilder.
    Im not saying he can or cant take their shots, just curious to why his chin is rated so highly?

9. bailey

Dec 11, 2009

10. h8me

h8me Member Full Member

Nov 14, 2017
    I don't see how Parker can win against AJ, from what he has shown in the ring yet. Since a nice fight against Takam, his performences were at best mediocre.

11. Tazz

Tazz Member Full Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Wilder and Joshua easily outpoint Parker if they fight sensibly. His chin hasn't been tested by any big punchers either so it's possible he gets stopped as well

12. like a boss

like a boss Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 30, 2012
    It will take 2 things to beat Parker:

1/ The BALLS to sign to fight him.
    2/ The CHIN to take his shots because unless you run all night like Hughie Fury did he will chin test you.

radupidu likes this.
  13. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    Well, the claim from Parker and his camp is that he's never been dropped. Not in the amateurs or the pros, or in the gym.

That's not to say he can just eat shots from bigger punches but it gives good reason to SUSPECT his chin is above average even at world level.

Klitschko was dropped and ko'd many times before he faced Joshua, yet went 10 rounds.
    Wilder's been extended by guys like Molina and Duapas or whatever. I can barely remember the men he's faced or their proper names.

The suspicion here is that Parker has a solid enough chin, and he is good enough to not stand around letting them tee off on it anyway.

Question marks remain over Parker's chin but I have just as much reason to believe in it as some believe in Joshua having "all time great" levels of punching power.
    It took Joshua plenty of punches to put chinny old Wlad away, so Parker might be a hard assignment.

On the other hand at heavyweight anyone can get sparked out if caught flush. I'm by no means suggesting Parker cannot be.
    I just suspect he wont be.

14. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    This.

I'm not sure Wilder or Joshua have the chin.
    Not for the full 12 rounds.

like a boss likes this.
  15. Howitzer1888

Howitzer1888 Active Member Full Member

Jun 7, 2017
    There are things to be improved that you mentioned, and I'm sure him and his team are more than aware of this. However, he continues to add muscle and therefore weight, despite demonstrating questionable stamina. As he gets larger he's going to get more cumbersome and slower, meaning that any work he does to improve things such as his lateral movement isn't going to be as effective. He will probably improve from here but only slightly I think, mostly because he keeps wanting to add muscle mass.