Joseph Parker vs. Alexander Dimitrenko RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Oct 1, 2016.

1. NakiFan

NakiFan Proud Kiwi Guy Full Member

Dec 5, 2015
    AJ will KO round 1....AJ will flatten any opposition...AJ this...AJ that

Reality.... AJ took 2 1/2 weeks to remove a punching bag called Braezeale in his last outing. His arms were getting lower and lower each round. Yet.... whenever a fight is hyping up against someone, apparently AJ can KO in Round 1 ??

At least I am honest in my thoughts of a potential AJ vs JP outcome. I see it as a 50/50 fight. I still think AJ has the perfect style that JP likes to fight, but JP needs to be wary of the potential KO power AJ has. AJ on the other hand will be faced with someone not afraid to engage and throw powerful combos. Someone who if he sees a chance to finish (unlike Whyte's inability to do), will finish the fight.

But yeah, AJ blows him away in Round 1, Parker has no chance. Kiwi's can't box, blah blah. etc etc

2. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Braezeale had an anvil chin. I don't see Parker surviving the early onslaught . Its just too much.

Actually , id take Tua to beat Parker and AJ on the same night. Compare Tua coming up through the ranks tp Parker. There is no comparison. Tua was 10 levels above Parker and Tua never went onto win a world title.
    But Parker in this much weaker era with multiple belts probably will - even if he isn't very good.

3. KiwiMan

KiwiMan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2016
    AJ can certainly KO anyone early if he catches them flush but I doubt that Parker's chin is worse than Breazeale. He's never been down or KO'ed, and many Samoans seem to have iron chins, Tua for example.

That being said, Parker's power is decent but sometimes it is overhyped; it doesn't compare to Tua's.

dinovelvet likes this.
  4. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Parker should go for the WBO belt, fight someone **** like Ruiz.
    Then unify with other champs next year.

Zola29 and Mekar like this.
  5. Lith

Lith Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 16, 2010
    With you guys who think AJ is the second coming you have always seen whoever Parker beats as crap.... even if they have previously been proven decent or even really good. Joshua beats the same or lesser guys and he moves closer to godliness.

You are seeing what you want to see.

The reality is Dimitrenko is no world beater but he is a good test of if someone belongs in the top 50... he was no test at all, if Parker was only after a knock out he probably could have earlier but he did it clinically. He was fast, accurate, powerful, hardly got touched and Dimitrenko was in great shape and never looked that bad in his 40 previous fights byou any stretch... Parker is the only variable here.

NakiFan and lewis gassed like this.
  6. like a boss

like a boss Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 30, 2012
    The more clearly you beat an opponent the less credit you get from some.

7. like a boss

Jul 30, 2012
    Anyone with both their eyes open can see that :thumbsup:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  8. Rockradar

Rockradar Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2016
    AJ MIGHT flatten Parker and vice versa. The thing about AJ is he hasnt fought anyone yet but we'll see after the Pulev fight. Not saying its Joshuas fault hes fought nobodies, Im saying its hard to make comparisons based on one guy fighting rookies and another guy fighting a lot and a lot of experienced fighters.

9. twopiece

twopiece Pugilistic Ambassador Full Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Dimitrenko folds when faced with adversity... and Parker was bringing the heat. Can't really fault Joseph for disposing of him in a rather brief skirmish, all things considered. Dimi tends to quit when the going gets rough, and he was in there with a guy who had bad intentions. The rest is history.

For Parker, it's "on to the next one".

10. Lith

Lith Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 16, 2010
    To add some more flavour to the discussion... I looked back to the cards from the Dimitrenko / Pulev fight and it looks like Dimitrenko won rounds in that, on all cards. He barely touched Parker in this one, was very easy to score.

11. covetousjuice

covetousjuice Putin did nothing wrong Full Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Dimitrenko is garbage.

I don't understand why Parker wasted everyone's time with this.

I don't even care whether it's ruled a NC. This win did nothing for Parker.

12. like a boss

Jul 30, 2012
    He fought Dimitrenko because he needed to fight a monster size opponent in preparation for fighting the bigger body guys holding the titles.

You are also conveniently forgetting Dimitrenko had only been stopped once in 40 fights, and that was a late stoppage.

Parker just blew Dimitrenko away. Something all his other 40 opponents failed to do.

13. like a boss

Jul 30, 2012
    After 10 rounds the cards read 94-97, 93-98 and 93-97. So all 3 judges did award Dimitrenko rounds.

http://boxrec.com/boxer/79357

14. covetousjuice

covetousjuice Putin did nothing wrong Full Member

Apr 21, 2015
    I'm not forgetting any of that. All his other opponents were complete garbage too. The only decent ones were the ones he lost to.

15. like a boss

Jul 30, 2012
    The decent ones, as you put it, couldn't knock Dimitrenko out like Parker did. In fact only one managed to stop him, and that took 11 rounds. Parker blew Dimitrenko away inside 3.